Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is Zac Ready To Coach In Primetime
Tiger

Its a fair question considering that outside of the SB his record is one to be lets say has some challenges. Now this team and organization has puts itself in the national eye. Is Zac truly ready for that pressure from what you know now. This will show early in my honest opinion. He won't be able to hide in October.

What ya think?

I get thumbs down every thread
but hey you just keep going.
https://youtu.be/j02Rnw5r9PE
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:39 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Its a fair question considering that outside of the SB his record is one to be lets say has some challenges. Now this team and organization has puts itself in the national eye. Is Zac truly ready for that pressure from what you know now. This will show early in my honest opinion. He won't be able to hide in October.

What ya think?

What were January and the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
Last year he was 4-1 in primetime and playoff games (nationally televised). The year before that he won in primetime against the division winning Steelers with Ryan Finlay. I don’t think they will be a major factor in terms of “lights too bright.”
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What were January and the playoffs?

Tiger

Zac will be tested this year as a coach and all of his flaws will be revealed for the world with the national attention. Do yo think our coach is ready to handle it?
Lou was the MVP of the SB run.
Reply/Quote
We went to the Super Bowl last year. There is no hiding and I think Zac will do just fine. We were a shotty PI call away from winning the SB with one of the worst offensive lines known to man. They will be just fine. You don’t get anymore primetime than the playoffs and they have already proven they can handle.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:46 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Zac will be tested this year as a coach and all of his flaws will be revealed for the world with the national attention. Do yo think our coach is ready to handle it?
Lou was the MVP of the SB run.

Marvin Lewis B-more defense was the MVP of their super bowl, but Billick is still recognized as their HC and gets the credit.

Yeah, Zac has flaws, but he got better last year as did the team. I don’t think Zac will not be able to “handle it.” I’m assuming you’re in the last year was a fluke crowd?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Marvin Lewis B-more defense was the MVP of their super bowl, but Billick is still recognized as their HC and gets the credit.

Yeah, Zac has flaws, but he got better last year as did the team. I don’t think Zac will not be able to “handle it.” I’m assuming you’re in the last year was a fluke crowd?

Tiger

I'm absolutely not on that crowd but highsight is 20/20. I'm telling you now that if Zac struggles with play calling and it costs games by the middle of October you will see this thread reworded. Thats a fact
Now do I thing Zac is ready I'd say so but he has never in his coaching life faced whats coming. Especially with the world watching for an entire season. Zac isnt playing with house money anymore.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be a long offseason! Now we have circled all the way around and we are back to Zac can't coach..... I think with all his FLAWS, he out coached the great Andy Reid not in just 1 game, but 2 games. Came with 1 play of winning the SB. But yes let us couch coaches, with all our professional experience coaching in the NFL, tell ourselves how Zac will fail....
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:22 AM)sandwedge Wrote: It's going to be a long offseason! Now we have circled all the way around and we are back to Zac can't coach..... I think with all his FLAWS, he out coached the great Andy Reid not in just 1 game, but 2 games. Came with 1 play of winning the SB. But yes let us couch coaches, with all our professional experience coaching in the NFL, tell ourselves how Zac will fail....

Rock On
I'm in no means saying that Zac didn't do a great job leading the organization to its first SB since... What I'm trying to get across is that Zac is no longer an underachiever and most importantly isn't playing with house money anymore. Its different when you've won and wasn't supposed to as opposed you better win because now you have new fans around the globe.
Its a fish bowl. Can't hide at the bar on the way home from a loss anymore after giving them a game ball. The national media is on you now. Its playoffs are bust now Zac.
Reply/Quote

What ya think?
Did you watch football last year?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Marvin Lewis B-more defense was the MVP of their super bowl, but Billick is still recognized as their HC and gets the credit.

He's obviously a Zac hater... 
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:56 AM)Tony Wrote: He's obviously a Zac hater... 

Tiger

I'm not a Zac lover either.
Reply/Quote
Idk was it coaching or Andy Dalton that failed in primetime in the past. Joe Burrow seems to be relatively good at primetime, but that is what this season will show us as I'm assuming the runner up team will be in several prime time games in our follow up campaign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy-downsized.gif]

Tiger

Bengals vs Cowboys on Thanksgiving absolutely could see it. 1798
Reply/Quote

What ya think?

https://youtu.be/TY0LUIIwo8k

Your statement is he ready for prime time is silly and that Lou was the star of the Super Bowl run. It was Zac calling the plays that engineered the late scoring to win those games. There’s a reason the Browns doubled his salary and gave him a new 5 year deal. The Rams almost lost McVay and Taylor was their first call.
Reply/Quote
3 straight wins vs Steelers, 2 straight vs Ravens, 2 straight vs Chiefs, 3-1 playoff record. Id say hes a pretty good big game coach I see no reason why he will drop off next season especially with a better OL which will allow him to call a more balanced offense. Also, Burrow is an incredible big game QB so I think we will rule primetime for a while.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
[Image: raw]

Really not half-assing it with these threads.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

What ya think?

https://youtu.be/TY0LUIIwo8k

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
....was he not the head coach during the super bowl run?
Reply/Quote