Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is Zac Ready To Coach In Primetime
I don't think he is..We should fire him and look for someone who is....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 05:37 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: 3 straight wins vs Steelers, 2 straight vs Ravens, 2 straight vs Chiefs, 3-1 playoff record.  Id say hes a pretty good big game coach I see no reason why he will drop off next season especially with a better OL which will allow him to call a more balanced offense.  Also, Burrow is an incredible big game QB so I think we will rule primetime for a while.

Great post.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: ... with the help of some bs calls there at the end..... Wink

.....and no blocking on the last play....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
And Happy Birthday Zac Taylor today.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:14 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I'm absolutely not on that crowd but highsight is 20/20. I'm telling you now that if Zac struggles with play calling and it costs games by the middle of October you will see this thread reworded. Thats a fact
Now do I thing Zac is ready I'd say so but he has never in his coaching life faced whats coming. Especially with the world watching for an entire season. Zac isnt playing with house money anymore.

House money?  How the hell do you get house money out of last year?  He was calling games with a SEVERE limitation to the plays he could call due to ineptitude on the offensive line.  He didn't want Joe to take the hits, but he had to get points.  The runs on 2nd and 10 that yielded one yard used to drive me crazy, but he knew that Burrow would likely get drilled as everyone was teeing off on the snap.  He also had to deal with Joe coming back from injury.  You could see that the play calling in a game like Chicago was clearly trying to ease him back in and avoid asking him to do too much.

I think ZT deserves high praised for getting what he did out of the offense despite the shoddy offensive line.  Even more so after losing Reiff.  That right side was awful.  

I am beyond excited to see what he can do calling an offense with this offensive line.  A more balanced attack with what should be a much improved rushing attack (at least in terms of YPC) and more play-action?  Yes, please.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: House money?  How the hell do you get house money out of last year?  He was calling games with a SEVERE limitation to the plays he could call due to ineptitude on the offensive line.  He didn't want Joe to take the hits, but he had to get points.  The runs on 2nd and 10 that yielded one yard used to drive me crazy, but he knew that Burrow would likely get drilled as everyone was teeing off on the snap.  He also had to deal with Joe coming back from injury.  You could see that the play calling in a game like Chicago was clearly trying to ease him back in and avoid asking him to do too much.

I think ZT deserves high praised for getting what he did out of the offense despite the shoddy offensive line.  Even more so after losing Reiff.  That right side was awful.  

I am beyond excited to see what he can do calling an offense with this offensive line.  A more balanced attack with what should be a much improved rushing attack (at least in terms of YPC) and more play-action?  Yes, please.  

Zac Taylor cures cancer..... the crowd.. "Yeah, but he didn't do it ten years ago. The real test is can he cure death this season"
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac Taylor cures cancer..... the crowd.. "Yeah, but he didn't do it ten years ago. The real test is can he cure death this season"

He actually kind of did cure cancer...or at least cut it out of this team.   But, I get what you are saying...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: House money?  How the hell do you get house money out of last year?  He was calling games with a SEVERE limitation to the plays he could call due to ineptitude on the offensive line.  He didn't want Joe to take the hits, but he had to get points.  The runs on 2nd and 10 that yielded one yard used to drive me crazy, but he knew that Burrow would likely get drilled as everyone was teeing off on the snap.  He also had to deal with Joe coming back from injury.  You could see that the play calling in a game like Chicago was clearly trying to ease him back in and avoid asking him to do too much.

I’ve got no problem criticizing Taylor if this offense isn’t better with the OL.I’m expecting big things. Of course I realize injuries dictate everything
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 08:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve got no problem criticizing Taylor if this offense isn’t better with the OL.I’m expecting big things. Of course I realize injuries dictate everything

The one thing I wish they would still do is sign William Fuller IV.  He would be the fourth WR here, but could probably get 40 balls and some deep passes.  Could stretch things vertically like Chase.  Gives flexibility.  A one-year deal for him would be amazing.  Great depth for a vertical threat behind Chase as well.  I love the idea of him outside and chase lined up in the slot.  Not every snap, but just to give defenses something to worry about.  
Reply/Quote
I think the only appropriate answer is "yes" based on his playoff run last season. He was 3-1 and could have won the Super Bowl if the OL didn't suck. Zac, Burrow, and the team will be ready for the primetime games during the '22-'23 season. I see no reason to assume they won't heading into the season.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:49 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Rock On
I'm in no means saying that Zac didn't do a great job leading the organization to its first SB since... What I'm trying to get across is that Zac is no longer an underachiever and most importantly isn't playing with house money anymore. Its different when you've won and wasn't supposed to as opposed you better win because now you have new fans around the globe.
Its a fish bowl. Can't hide at the bar on the way home from a loss anymore after giving them a game ball. The national media is on you now. Its playoffs are bust now Zac.

It was playoffs or possibly lose his job and severely alter his career trajectory for the rest of his life. Pretty sure there was more pressure last year than this. The negative context of this post is garbage. Not worried about Zach at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 09:45 AM)Justin1462 Wrote: It was playoffs or possibly lose his job and severely alter his career trajectory for the rest of his life. Pretty sure there was more pressure last year than this. The negative context of this post is garbage. Not worried about Zach at all.

Because of the poor record the first two years I can see pundits wanting to see more out of Zac. That’s okay. But some disregard the amazing job he and the organization has done to get here.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people think I hate on Zac just because I don't buy into all this "character/culture" folderol. But that is not true.

Last year I was telling everyone that he deserved another year because of the ridiculous number of injuries we had in 2020. And he proved me right this year by taking us to the Super Bowl.

There still may be some fans who judge Zac by his first 45 games (13-31-1) and consider his last 8 (6-2) just to be a "lucky hot streak". But the burden is now on them to argue that. Zac has earned the benefit of the doubt by taking the Bengals to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 10:13 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Because of the poor record the first two years I can see pundits wanting to see more out of Zac. That’s okay. But some disregard the amazing job he and the organization has done to get here.

I’d agree, Bengals were in mediocrity hell before Zach Taylor came. A rebuild was the strategy, everyone wants to criticize for poor record but Joe Burrow isn’t here without the 2-14 season, Burrow gets hurt year 2 and while he played we were very competitive early in the season and lost a lot of close games expected from a young team. Last year we see the true talent and leadership of this team come to fruition with some young growing pains still being worked through with some close early season loses again, team and coaching alike. This year we are a better team and we win the majority of close games we lost last year. We forfeited the Cleveland game sitting our starters which was a good coaching decision.
We win 13 games this year and become a dominant AFC foe for years to come with many Super Bowl runs with Burrow at the helm. If you can’t see that I don’t know what team you watched last year. They will dominate offensively this year, I can not wait for this season to be here. All the negative conjecture bewilders me.
Reply/Quote