Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zac killing the culture?
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Yes. Yes he is.
Reply/Quote
Personally I though starting Glenn was more of a culture killer than playing a rookie. The issue is the team should have traded Dalton and other veterans but there half in half out on rebuilding because they are a clueless organization.
Reply/Quote
Time to bench finley… 3 games none over 50% completition… time to move on to the big gun in the back.
Reply/Quote
How many more games do you need to evaluate Finley?

I think with any quarterback, you’d like to see 50. So, we’re just going to keep taking it one week at a time right now. You want to see as many games as you can possibly get. I go back to the statement that if you evaluated every rookie quarterback after three games, there’d be no quarterbacks playing right now. It’d be a bunch of old guys like (Kansas City Chiefs QB) Matt Moore out there, 38 years old, picked up off the street. That’s where we’d be with the quarterback position.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-and-the-bengals-said-about-the-steelers-after-week-12
Reply/Quote
Could you go back to Dalton now that’s he been benched?

“Cause of health? I mean, right now, Ryan’s our quarterback. It’s not something I even think about.”
Reply/Quote
Culture is already dead and I feel disconnected from the team that I once loved. Zac has proved how much of a clown he truly is by hiring his goof ball buddies especially a suspect character like Turner. Awful play calling, then playing Glenn after what he pulled. Taylor is the biggest clown ever. Look at good coaches like Mike Tomlin who has his team in the playoff race with half his team hurt or stars that were traded away. I mean he benched Rudolph yesterday mid game because he was struggling.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many more games do you need to evaluate Finley?

I think with any quarterback, you’d like to see 50. So, we’re just going to keep taking it one week at a time right now. You want to see as many games as you can possibly get. I go back to the statement that if you evaluated every rookie quarterback after three games, there’d be no quarterbacks playing right now. It’d be a bunch of old guys like (Kansas City Chiefs QB) Matt Moore out there, 38 years old, picked up off the street. That’s where we’d be with the quarterback position.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-and-the-bengals-said-about-the-steelers-after-week-12

[Image: raw]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: Culture is already dead and I feel disconnected from the team that I once loved. Zac has proved how much of a clown he truly is by hiring his goof ball buddies especially a suspect character like Turner. Awful play calling, then playing Glenn after what he pulled. Taylor is the biggest clown ever

Yeah...legit on most NFL Teams Glenn would have been jettisoned.

The Bengals held onto him like he was a key building block. He's a below average Tackle at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 50...

[Image: raw]

Yeah...it takes 4 years of games for our QB Whisperer to know if a guy is good or bad.
Reply/Quote
I think the FO is the primary culprit for the culture being the way it is this year.
They had a chance to really show things were going to be different and they brought back basically the same team as last year and operated as normal in regards to FA.
Taylor sure isn't helping but the FO handcuffs any coaching staff that comes in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Taylor is not killing the culture, the culture was garbage before he got here. He hasn't helped with some of the moves he's made and yes, I am now fully on board with dumping him and the entire staff if proven replacements can be had.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...it takes 4 years of games for our QB Whisperer to know if a guy is good or bad.

Meanwhile having to watch Finley for at least 4 games will feel more like 4 years.

The only QB I have seen start multiple games and be worse than Finley is Nathan Peterman.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
"Certain" fans called for Finley to start so they really have nothing to say about the culture starting Finley created. I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:09 PM)HuDey Wrote: Taylor is not killing the culture, the culture was garbage before he got here. He hasn't helped with some of the moves he's made and yes, I am now fully on board with dumping him and the entire staff if proven replacements can be had.

The Cardinals fired Wilkes...brought in Kingsbury and the #1 pick Murray. While they only have 3.5 wins...their offense looks dynamic.

I was hoping to see a dynamic offense this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Cardinals fired Wilkes...brought in Kingsbury and the #1 pick Murray. While they only have 3.5 wins...their offense looks dynamic.

I was hoping to see a dynamic offense this year.

I really wanted to give Taylor a chance because a lot of the problems here were not his doing, but honestly Taylor has done nothing to inspire confidence that he can handle this huge rebuilding project moving forward. This is a critical time for the Bengals who will either take a step on the road back to respectability or sink deeper into a modern version of 90's style Bengals football starting with this draft. It's a big deal and should be treated accordingly, not entrusted to an unproven guy who has made several questionable decisions since he's been here.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:34 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes. Yes he is.

Supplemental question: is that a good thing?

Plenty wanted to move us on from Burfict, Pacman, continually losing on prime time/ to the Steelers (obviously still some work to be done there), Dalton etc
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:46 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Personally I though starting Glenn was more of a culture killer than playing a rookie. The issue is the team should have traded Dalton and other veterans but there half in half out on rebuilding because they are a clueless  organization.

^This^

If they would have admitted this was a rebuild year and traded Dalton, Glenn, Kirkpatrick, or others it would be much more palatable to the fans. Or even go back and dump Dalton in the preseason and whoever else.

But no like everything ran by Mike Clown it's half baked, half @ZZed BS. He's the most clueless GM/owner in the league. 
Reply/Quote