Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise?
Ask the 49ers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Or the Rams
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ask the 49ers.

Yes, but it didn't turn around until they got the QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Honestly, sometimes it is, sometimes not.

Right now hard to see us having much to lose.
Reply/Quote
Maybe... But a QB definitely can
Reply/Quote
In most teams case? Yes. In the Bengals case? Not really.

The only way the Bengals will turn around is if the change philosophy, and hire an actual GM that isn't one of the hand-picked inside folk from the Royal Family.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
In Cincinnati’s case a new offensive line coach would help more.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In most teams case?  Yes.  In the Bengals case?  Not really.

The only way the Bengals will turn around is if the change philosophy, and hire an actual GM that isn't one of the hand-picked inside folk from the Royal Family.

You know, the royal Family is such a perfect comparison--a bunch of born lucky dullards who have accomplished nothing.  Kudos.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

We should give Marvin Lewis another try with a Heisman Trophy winner, he's never had that.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Or maybe go by way of the Phoenix - just burn everything down and start from scratch.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In most teams case?  Yes.  In the Bengals case?  Not really.

It really is this simple.  I don't know see how this can even be debated.  His highness as overseen every major decision for nearly 30 years what does he have to show for it?
Reply/Quote
You can also sign a hof LT and sign a good Center.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We should give Marvin Lewis another try with a Heisman Trophy winner, he's never had that.  Ninja

No we shouldn't; that ship has sailed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:20 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: It really is this simple.  I don't know see how this can even be debated.  His highness as overseen every major decision for nearly 30 years what does he have to show for it?

A mountain of cash which he seems to dearly love but rarely spend and a horrible legacy, about which he couldn't care less.  Oh, and jobs for his friends and family who apparently wouldn't find employment on their own.

Reply/Quote
It really depends on the quality of coach. We can't just hire Joe Schmuck from the current staff and hope for a quick turnaround.

These players need revitalized. You do that by bringing in good new blood with a good vision and let him go to work.

Unfortunately, I think Mike still has a big hand in everything and hence will go for an easy puppet. Someone who will just be happy with a promotion, even without control.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:28 PM)McC Wrote: A mountain of cash which he seems to dearly love but rarely spend and a horrible legacy, about which he couldn't care less.  Oh, and jobs for his friends and family who apparently wouldn't find employment on their own.

Mike Brown for president!
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown doesn't care about winning. If he did, he would see how successful organizations like Pittsburgh and New England run their teams, and then try to emulate their approaches. Bring in more scouts, invest in free agent signings, retain your own players. Nobody in their right mind could look at 27 years of ineptitude and not question their way of doing things, unless they just don't care. That is honestly the only conclusion you can reach. Mike Brown seems to want this team to luck into a Super Bowl victory despite itself. Pity we don't live in Imagination Land where such impossible fantasies come true and everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Mike Brown only cares about making the Brown family richer. Anyone suggesting otherwise is deluding themselves.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Depends on the HC. If MB is looking to hire another 'yes man' to do just good enough to sell tix then the whole moving on from Marv is simply false hope. 49ers may suck but they care more about winning than the Bengals do.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, when the 49ers hired Bill Walsh from the Bengals it lead to multiple Super Bowl championships.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We should give Marvin Lewis another try with a Heisman Trophy winner, he's never had that.  Ninja

Carson Palmer won the Heisman I think
Reply/Quote