Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anything worth complaining about?
Does anything really matter anymore with this team? There are so many things that need fixed, where would one even start? Not only is the year done but we all know that injuries will be the excuse all offseason. This makes 3 straight crap years, how do we watch the next year and a half? I get that the impression that this board is the only reason that many on here don’t finally just be done with the team. Right now, they are the worst team in the league by a LONG SHOT!!!! It’s way beyond just firing Marvin now, what a waste and what a shit show!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping they end the season 5-11.

It may lead to some change.

And a good draft pick may help.
Reply/Quote
I keep seeing, "we all know everyone will talk about the injuries."

Dude, we are injured beyond imagination: with this team healthy, we were 4-1, then 5-2.

Problems with the team or not, they are further exacerbated because we're hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's tough and as long as Mike Brown is the owner/GM, it will continue to be tough. Honestly, I just can't give up on the team. They make me want to. They drive me nuts. However, I'll be right there to root them on every season. I'll be right here on the boards either talking well or venting about them. Such is the life of a fan. One day, things will be better. That's when I'll be cheering them on while wearing my "I survived Mike Brown" shirt.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I keep seeing, "we all know everyone will talk about the injuries."

Dude, we are injured beyond imagination: with this team healthy, we were 4-1, then 5-2.

Yeah, then we played real teams, like KC, Saints, Pittsburgh and reality set in. 
Reply/Quote
Anyone who tries to dismiss injuries is just being foolish.
This team was just barely scraping out wins even when healthy, to a respectable 4-1.  They were finding ways to win games that they used to lose.  But, they we're also walking the razors edge.  Therefore, the key  injuries have been absolutely critical... the bad luck is mind-boggling.
Reply/Quote
If Lewis is gone or promoted to front office, I wonder if Mike Brown will reach out to Alexander the Great to potentially come in and fill the HC vacancy. If that happened, it may actually push me over the edge to actually turn my back on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I keep seeing, "we all know everyone will talk about the injuries."

This is true but other teams also have injuries. The Broncos has a couple of guys go down today and they put the next guy in and beat the Bengals down. The point is, the injury crap will be a reason why free agents aren’t brought in. It may be a reason used to keep fat Marvin too.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm hoping they end the season 5-11.

Will change matter that much? Even Marvin? I know it's about the biggest change they can make, but the roster is bad now. They have maybe 4-5 good NFL players, but they have maybe 8-9 bad starters.

Look...they brought in a new OC last year. A new DC. New offensive line coach.

And we got worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Anyone who tries to dismiss injuries is just being foolish.
This team was just barely scraping out wins even when healthy, to a respectable 4-1.  They were finding ways to win games that they used to lose.  But, they we're also walking the razors edge.  Therefore, the key  injuries have been absolutely critical... the bad luck is mind-boggling.

Nobody disputes that the injuries hurt. It’s just that most of us know that the injuries will be used as a crutch all offseason. Just watch!
Reply/Quote
"other teams have injuries"
Sorry, but not the same quantity, severity, or number of KEY players.  This team isn't GREAT, so they had absolutely NO margin of error.  We saw how they were when healthy.
Not great, but not terrible.  The injuries basically pushed them off a cliff.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:01 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This is true but other teams also have injuries. The Broncos has a couple of guys go down today and they put the next guy in and beat the Bengals down. The point is, the injury crap will be a reason why free agents aren’t brought in. It may be a reason used to keep fat Marvin too.

The guy who replaced Harris played like crap, so no, it wasn't next man up.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Will change matter that much? Even Marvin? I know it's about the biggest change they can make, but the roster is bad now. They have maybe 4-5 good NFL players, but they have maybe 8-9 bad starters.

Look...they brought in a new OC last year. A new DC. New offensive line coach.

And we got worse.

Well, you can't change owners, so you gotta start somewhere.

We are definitely on the precipice of a rebuild.

May as well go all in. We've been doing miniature rebuilds each year for the last 3 years. At this point we're just drawing out the inevitable and only making it worse by allowing our best players to age out before we have another competitive team.

If we had started the rebuild after the 2016 season, we could have been on the cusp of competing with Green still only 30..

Now we have to start the rebuild and he'll likely be 34 by the time we can truly compete again. If he's even still on the team...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:56 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Yeah, then we played real teams, like KC, Saints, Pittsburgh and reality set in. 

Pitt game we were robbed by the refs. The other two, yes.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm hoping they end the season 5-11.

good draft pick might not do it.  I'm thinking 22 GREAT draft picks MIGHT do it and even then we still need a new coaching staff that knows how to get the best out of all 22 and oh yeah, an hired hit man to do away with a certain old guy with the initials of MB although I'm not saying anyone named Mike Brown would particularly fit the profile although the initials are eerily similar. 

Ok, I'm kidding. I can't afford to pay for a hit man and even if I could I'd have bigger fish to fry .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
A true assessment of the team would be if many of the players were healthy. I think losing Eifert started the down turn and really hurt. Injuries notwithstanding, there are still many holes to be filled along the O-Line, linebacker, and probably TE/secondary positions.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The guy who replaced Harris played like crap, so no, it wasn't next man up.

And how many starters that aren’t out should be backups? How in the world does it workout the the Bengals still need 4 OLine starters? Would you say that the guys that are starting have progressed or regressed?
Reply/Quote
We could pretend we're rooting for the Cincinnati Reds professional football team and the Reds didn't actually suck for the past several seasons..   That's it! Rename them to the Reds and force a new ownership. Maybe put it up for a vote to buy out the Bengals by the county and hope the county has the first clue how to run a football team .. They let the Brown family take them to the cleaners so there's that..  So much for that idea. . Lol

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: We could pretend we're rooting for the Cincinnati Reds professional football team and the Reds didn't actually suck for the past several seasons..   That's it! Rename them to the Reds and force a new ownership. Maybe put it up for a vote to buy out the Bengals by the county and hope the county has the first clue how to run a football team .. They let the Brown family take them to the cleaners so there's that..  So much for that idea. . Lol

I’m stuck rooting for both sucky teams! Yippie! It’s always fun when there’s 25-40% of the season left and your team is already out of it.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m stuck rooting for both sucky teams! Yippie! It’s always fun when there’s 25-40% of the season left and your team is already out of it.

Yeah ... me too.  I was born and raised a Cincinnati fan and no matter how much I've wished I wasn't I still am and I haven't lived in the area since 2002..except for one summer in Dayton..  Somehow I always get the feeling that if I ever decide to just give up on both teams for good they'd somehow both become powerhouses.. then beat my new adopted team(s) every time..  Maybe that's the ticket!

Reply/Quote