Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is farting on someone bullying? Assault?
https://www.foxnews.com/world/flatulence-in-the-workplace-is-not-a-form-of-bullying-australian-appeals-court-rules

An Australian appeals court on Friday ruled that repeated flatulence targeted at another individual wasn’t a form of bullying or assault. The ruling by the Victoria state Court of Appeal came after David Hingst, a 56-year-old engineer, brought a case against his former supervisor for constantly farting toward him, demanding $1.3 million in damages from his former employer in Melbourne, Construction Engineering.

The court’s judges wrote in their ruling that Hingst argued that “flatulence constituted assaults” and “alleged that Mr. Short would regularly break wind on him or at him, Mr. Short thinking this to be funny.”

The man testified in court claiming that the bullying forced him to move out of a communal office space to avoid supervisor Greg Short's flatulence.  Yet Short would still enter Hingst’s small, windowless office a few times a day just to break wind, he said. This led him to spray Short with deodorant and call him “Mr. Stinky.”  “He would fart behind me and walk away. He would do this five or six times a day,” Hingst said outside court.

Thoughts?
I mean....I think it's a form of bullying. But not to the tune of 1.3 million dollars...
Should probably be a case by case basis. Catch me the day after taco Tuesday and it might qualify as assault with a deadly weapon.

In all seriousness, from what you posted it would sound like a better idea to go after what sounds like harassing behavior. Trying to ajudicate flatulence seems tricky.
Pretty sure it's just taunting

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Harassment, maybe.

I don't know much about Australian law, maybe they don't have the subtle shade of gray to cover someone intentionally annoying you as we do here where everything can be arrestable.
(03-29-2019, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/world/flatulence-in-the-workplace-is-not-a-form-of-bullying-australian-appeals-court-rules

An Australian appeals court on Friday ruled that repeated flatulence targeted at another individual wasn’t a form of bullying or assault. The ruling by the Victoria state Court of Appeal came after David Hingst, a 56-year-old engineer, brought a case against his former supervisor for constantly farting toward him, demanding $1.3 million in damages from his former employer in Melbourne, Construction Engineering.

The court’s judges wrote in their ruling that Hingst argued that “flatulence constituted assaults” and “alleged that Mr. Short would regularly break wind on him or at him, Mr. Short thinking this to be funny.”

The man testified in court claiming that the bullying forced him to move out of a communal office space to avoid supervisor Greg Short's flatulence.  Yet Short would still enter Hingst’s small, windowless office a few times a day just to break wind, he said. This led him to spray Short with deodorant and call him “Mr. Stinky.”  “He would fart behind me and walk away. He would do this five or six times a day,” Hingst said outside court.

Thoughts?

We just got back from a trip with a bunch of high school students.  On the first night one of the boys was quite proud that his gas made one of his roommates literally throw up.

So...maybe.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-29-2019, 08:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: We just got back from a trip with a bunch of high school students.  On the first night one of the boys was quite proud that his gas made one of his roommates literally throw up.

So...maybe.   Smirk

We don’t know how many successes we are going to have in life so you have to celebrate them all.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-29-2019, 10:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We don’t know how many successes we are going to have in life so you have to celebrate them all.

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious
Life rule #3.  Never, ever trust a fart.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.