Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is it me or.......
(02-28-2023, 05:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let him walk?! No. But let's have a true convo in this thread. Do we really need to extend him this year or can we wait and have one more big free agency and extend him next?

He doesn't seem likely to sit out if not extended this offseason.....

I like this idea...    this would help in case of another injury as well..   I don't think he would sit out.. as you say.. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 05:58 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Drafts in the past never really worked out for us...    building off the draft is a slow tedious process.  We are lucky at the moment with this group but we seem to always lack in the draft even with the big names!   

Well unfortunately you don't really have much of an option.
If you pay a lot for a QB, you can't pay as much to the other positions.

But if you let your QB walk, then you gotta try to find a QB good enough to get you to the AFCCG/SB again.

My argument is you can find offensive weapons in the draft relatively easy, by comparison.
No need to pay for a bunch of expensive veterans for those.
Pay Chase and let all others walk if you have to, use the draft and cheap FAs to fill the rest.

For defense, similar. You should pay for 1-2 good DL, 2 DBs, and maybe 1 LB.
The rest players on rookie contracts or cheaper veterans.

I'd much rather that than try to find a good QB again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes. You are the only one.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 05:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let him walk?! No. But let's have a true convo in this thread. Do we really need to extend him this year or can we wait and have one more big free agency and extend him next?

He doesn't seem likely to sit out if not extended this offseason.....

The extension wouldn't kick in until 2025. You extend him now before prices go up and know you have him secured. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 06:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well unfortunately you don't really have much of an option.
If you pay a lot for a QB, you can't pay as much to the other positions.

But if you let your QB walk, then you gotta try to find a QB good enough to get you to the AFCCG/SB again.

My argument is you can find offensive weapons in the draft relatively easy, by comparison.
No need to pay for a bunch of expensive veterans for those.
Pay Chase and let all others walk if you have to, use the draft and cheap FAs to fill the rest.

For defense, similar. You should pay for 1-2 good DL, 2 DBs, and maybe 1 LB.
The rest players on rookie contracts or cheaper veterans.

I'd much rather that than try to find a good QB again.

Nicely stated!  
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 06:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The extension wouldn't kick in until 2025. You extend him now before prices go up and know you have him secured. 

2025?  
Reply/Quote
You know pizza is like sex, even when it's bad it's still ok.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 06:48 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: 2025?  

Should be, yes. The Bengals will likely pick up his 5th year option so that means the extension doesn't hit the cap until 2025. 
Reply/Quote
I think one reason salt intake is a problem is people simply do not drink enough water.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 05:05 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Am I the Only one who thinks we should let Joe Burrow walk after this year..  

think about all the goodies would could get.  Finally get some O Line..

Little early to be Drunk ain't it ?
Reply/Quote
This is the sort of stuff you get when you keep saying "No one could win with this o-line!" you start getting suggestions that we need to trade Burrow get a HOF o-line and put Derek Carr behind it, or something.
Reply/Quote
Buddy, pass me that bowl. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 05:05 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Am I the Only one who thinks we should let Joe Burrow walk after this year..

think about all the goodies would could get. Finally get some O Line..

Yep…you are the only one. Dumb post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think we are all hoping JB can still walk after this season
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Recent history has revealed what having an elite, or near-elite roster can get you without an elite QB. While I thought Dalton got too much hate by some in Bengaldom, no one mistook him for an elite QB. The results were double digit wins in the regular season and no playoff victories. I know history doesn't always repeat, but it almost always rhymes.
Reply/Quote
WTF
Reply/Quote
[Image: Link-baiting-Troll.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

think about all the goodies would could get. Finally get some O Line..

[Image: thats-bait-mad-max.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 05:17 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I will admit it does sound a little Steeler Fanny...  thread lol.. 

think about it though we could have a Super Team except the QB..  Position.  

Didn't work out well for us in the Dalton era.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is here to stay so we need to work around him. There would be a major uproar if he is released. I personally like Burrow.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote