Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it time to move on from Burfict?
Burfict is one of Mike Browns stray puppies that he took in. Just like Chris Henry he isn’t going anywhere
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 07:27 PM)jason Wrote: I get it, but what are they gonna do with that money? New coach or not, the front office is the same. If they have a stud to replace him, maybe... But I'm cool on signing the next Minter, Hawk, Dansby, or Preston Brown for that matter. I'm really ok with 1st round LB, Vigil, and Burfict at LB next year... If he can make the team.

Right!!!! Old Mikey will just take any money and resign an existing player and pay him all the guaranteed money up front. This has been how he has done it for years instead of trying to get a player to help win now. It is a plan that ensures profit year to year but leaves little chance for a championship. If ever he needed to loosen the purse strings and go all in to sign free agent(s) this is the year. The top notch coaches and players won't come here for that reason.
Reply/Quote
ill drive him back to Arizona if that helps......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everyone who gets cut is going to go to the Patriots and come back to haunt you.

Yes and the media will be doing stories about how they love the new Burfict.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He can't stay on the field because he is injured.
He can't be around the team because he is suspended.
His play has declined and remained low.

Some people are in love with who he used to be. When he was on, he was a force to behold. Gave balls to this team, which it hasn't had in forever. If you just think in the short set of time, he was been ineffective. Not even on the field in crucial and 3rd down situations. It is over.
Reply/Quote
Keep him this season. I don't think his heart is in the game right now, or he's not healthy. Burfict is all we got at LB.
Reply/Quote
If he does go anywhere I think it'd be the raiders.
Reply/Quote
It’s time. He’s always in danger of being suspended, he’s injury prone and his play really slipped this year, likely due to his injuries/suspension. It’s a cycle he can’t stay away from. He isn’t worth the trouble.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 07:27 PM)jason Wrote: I get it, but what are they gonna do with that money? New coach or not, the front office is the same. If they have a stud to replace him, maybe... But I'm cool on signing the next Minter, Hawk, Dansby, or Preston Brown for that matter. I'm really ok with 1st round LB, Vigil, and Burfict at LB next year... If he can make the team.

There is a cap floor. There's no guarantee Mikey just pockets the money for the next 3 years. 

(01-04-2019, 09:48 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: This. By all accounts the guy is a solid citizen off the field regardless of what fake thug like acting social media says.

Go live your life Tez

Brain>Tackles

Agreed. I have no ill will towards the guy. From all I've seen, he's a big softy off the field. I wish him well. Just ready to move on, and with a new coach, it's a perfect time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think its time. His head injuries are worrisome. Also his playing was not good this year and I just dont see him bouncing back to old burfict form.

Will mike brown get rid of him i highly doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 11:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes and the media will be doing stories about how they love the new Burfict.

Exactly.  The Patriots have at least 3 players that are dirtier and more disappointing than Burfict but the media has us convinced they are lovable

They play us like fiddles.  Damn you, media!!!!
Reply/Quote
Burfict should retire honestly. That many concussions is concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 10:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Burfict should retire honestly. That many concussions is concerning.

A bunch of you guys need new sigs and avatars.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:06 PM)motoarch Wrote: No he’s awesome and anyone that thinks otherwise is not a true fan.

Wait, I thought that was reserved for people without man caves and 70 Bengals jerseys.. I remember reading something similar a few years back. People who don't purchase "gear" aren't true Bengals fans. With that I'm going to openly admit that I'm no true Scotsman. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A bunch of you guys need new sigs and avatars.

Nah I like mine just fine.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everyone who gets cut is going to go to the Patriots and come back to haunt you.

Like Burkhead, Lengel, and Flowers?  I can't say any of those guys gave me nightmares... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 04:47 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Why would a cheat, cheap shot artist, that has zero discipline make a good coach? I wish someone would explain this when they leave this comment.

Joey Porter had more issues off the field for the steelers, but their defense seemed to be pretty solid at LB when he was helping them.  Burfict may be a cheap shot artist (and this is going to sound like a major excuse) but he has also had a ridiculous number of concussions.  His aggressive behavior could absolutely be at least partially attributed to this.  Remember Chris Herny's issues?  They said he was a super nice guy with anger issues, well, they autopsied his brain after his accident and there were reportedly lesions all over his brain from prior concussions.  And that is Henry.  Can you imagine how Burfict's may look?

The reason I think he could make a good coach (not a head coach, but an assistant) is his uncanny ability to diagnose plays.  He could teach others what tells he sees and help them understand where to be and why.  I don't want to see the guy go to no paycheck at all, and frankly, he is going to need health insurance.  Hopefully, him staying around the game would help keep him grounded. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - He'll turn 29 early next season
- He's missed 37 games out of 80 (46%) over the last 5 seasons
- 7+ concussions
- Always a suspension risk (forgone conclusion, really)
- Looked like a shell of himself last year
- New coaching staff (and hopefully attitude) incoming
- He has a cap hit of $8.6 million in 2019
- Spotrac shows his dead money shrinks to $1.8 million this year, if he's cut.

No brainer to cut him?

I would leave it up to the next coach and not saddle him with the burden, but also to let Burfict have a chance to turn things around with a new attitude. I'd have no problem if the team moved on at this point, if only to save Burfict from himself.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I would leave it up to the next coach and not saddle him with the burden, but also to let Burfict have a chance to turn things around with a new attitude. I'd have no problem if the team moved on at this point, if only to save Burfict from himself.

^This.

Let him go through camp and have the new HC decide if he's worth keeping.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote