Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it time to move on from Dalton
I smell sarcasm...
Reply/Quote
I would actually trade him.

After the 49ers game, they seemed to take the reigns off of AJ McCarron, and the offense kind of looked the same. Not only that, but he played better than Dalton in big games (Broncos & the Playoffs). I think that with a full TC with the reps, McCarron would be about the same as Dalton at this point with the upside of being able to handle big games.

For those screaming at Dalton's first 8 games.... When he crapped the bed against Houston at home on Monday night I felt like someone hit the reset button.
Reply/Quote
Little known fact. Dalton's first job was at a Katy Noodles restaurant.

Like his testing of the pasta. He threw it up against the wall and the nickname just stuck.

What you call an insult is a badge of honor sir.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
HELL NO !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No possible way Bengals get rid of Dalton this year nor should they.

Unless it boils down to Tate or Dalton.

Then it is goodbye Andy because Tate is serving a life sentence in Bengals stripes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 08:42 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would actually trade him.

After the 49ers game, they seemed to take the reigns off of AJ McCarron, and the offense kind of looked the same. Not only that, but he played better than Dalton in big games (Broncos & the Playoffs). I think that with a full TC with the reps, McCarron would be about the same as Dalton at this point with the upside of being able to handle big games.

For those screaming at Dalton's first 8 games.... When he crapped the bed against Houston at home on Monday night I felt like someone hit the reset button.

This is kinda where I'm at on this. I keep seeing words like "elite" or "franchise QB" or "MVP" thrown around in relation to Dalton lately, and it's just not warranted at this point. I'm totally on board with the idea of moving Dalton now at his peak value and rolling with Mccarron, who already looks more clutch than Andy ever has.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 11:35 PM)E Wrote: This is kinda where I'm at on this. I keep seeing words like "elite" or "franchise QB" or "MVP" thrown around in relation to Dalton lately, and it's just not warranted at this point. I'm totally on board with the idea of moving Dalton now at his peak value and rolling with Mccarron, who already looks more clutch than Andy ever has.

How about when Andy helped bring us back against the Seahawks?

What did A.J. McCarron do in the first 3 quarters against the Steelers in the playoff game? Nothing.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 11:43 PM)milksheikh Wrote: How about when Andy helped bring us back against the Seahawks?

What did A.J. McCarron do in the first 3 quarters against the Steelers in the playoff game? Nothing.

Andy has his moments, they just don't usually come in big games. I'm also not going to pretend that A.J. is perfect either, but in that playoff game that you speak of he dealt with a downpour, trying to throw a greased pig, throwing with a glove on then taking it back off again. And despite this, his own inexperience, and the pressure of a playoff game, he maintained his poise, and showed up when it mattered most. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 08:42 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would actually trade him.

[quote pid='195118' dateline='1458354904']

This is kinda where I'm at on this. I keep seeing words like "elite" or "franchise QB" or "MVP" thrown around in relation to Dalton lately, and it's just not warranted at this point. I'm totally on board with the idea of moving Dalton now at his peak value and rolling with Mccarron, who already looks more clutch than Andy ever has.
[/quote]

[Image: 54864452.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I love the idea for consideration. I like Dalton but being hypothetical what would the offer be?
Reply/Quote
See what you done went and did Fred? You brought out the people who are nutty stoned "open-minded" enough to actually think about doing this.

I guess now you're just going to get your popcorn ready and sit back and wait for someone to take that bait? What a shameless pot-stirrer. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I like the notion being thrown around that Dalton hasn't stepped up in any "big games". You guys are flat out ********.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 11:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like the notion being thrown around that Dalton hasn't stepped up in any "big games". You guys are flat out ********.

No more "********" than the notion that Andy Dalton is some kind of irreplaceable stud.
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='195200' dateline='1458399046']

No more "********" than the notion that Andy Dalton is some kind of irreplaceable stud.
[/quote]

The Bengals only going to the playoffs twice in 20 years and then drafting Dalton and started going every year doesn't mean anything, right? Especially when his first year here the Bengals lost their best two receivers and had a new OC that never had any experience in the NFL, and didn't have a training camp. Yep, Dalton must be a bum.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 12:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: [quote pid='195200' dateline='1458399046']

The Bengals only going to the playoffs twice in 20 years and then drafting Dalton and started going every year doesn't mean anything, right? Especially when his first year here the Bengals lost their best two receivers and had a new OC that never had any experience in the NFL, and didn't have a training camp. Yep, Dalton must be a bum.
[/quote]

I'm not saying Dalton is a bum. I am saying he is not much more than average, and to date has been mostly the opposite of clutch. And no, I don't buy that the Bengals recent run of playoff appearances are the direct result of the greatness of Andy Dalton. This is the same guy who was booed in his own teams city less than a year ago, because of his performances in meaningful games. He had his best season to date last year, but in my opinion he hasn't earned a seat on a pedestal as of yet.
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='195206' dateline='1458401930']

[/quote]

I'm not saying Dalton is a bum. I am saying he is not much more than average, and to date has been mostly the opposite of clutch. And no, I don't buy that the Bengals recent run of playoff appearances are the direct result of the greatness of Andy Dalton. This is the same guy who was booed in his own teams city less than a year ago, because of his performances in meaningful games. He had his best season to date last year, but in my opinion he hasn't earned a seat on a pedestal as of yet.
[/quote]

They booed Ken Anderson also. I guess that means he was an average QB too. I would like to know which player you think shows up in meaningful games.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 01:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: [quote pid='195206' dateline='1458401930']

[/quote]

They booed Ken Anderson also. I guess that means he was an average QB too. I would like to know which player you think shows up in meaningful games.
[/quote]

Unfortunately not many Bengals have fit that bill lately. If you want a name I give you Tom Brady. Now I understand that not everyone can be Tom Brady, so lets set the bar for our starting QB at somewhere above being a disaster in a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
^You are putting to much emphasis on Dalton E when it's a known fact that every player seems to disappear in big games under Marvin going all the way back to when he got here.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 11:43 PM)milksheikh Wrote: How about when Andy helped bring us back against the Seahawks?

^ Which proves my point. AJ McCarron did virtually the exact same thing, only in a bigger game. A game that he had won until Hill fumbled it away. A game which Dalton has filled his pants in 4 times in a row.

You proved my point, though, with that instance you broought up. Virtually the same guy, only in his 4th game McCarron looked as good or better than AD in his 5th season. Especially in pressure games.

(03-19-2016, 11:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like the notion being thrown around that Dalton hasn't stepped up in any "big games". You guys are flat out ********.

A game or two spread out here and there is BS for the talent around him. He wilts and shrinks far more than he rises. Not... even... close.
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='195200' dateline='1458399046']

[/quote]

We live in an NFL where Brock Osweiller and Sam Bradford get $18m/yr. Where Colin Kaepernick is making $19m/yr and teams still are willing to trade for him. Where Joe Flacco is the highest paid QB in the league. Where Matt Cassel somehow STILL keeps getting work. Where Mark Sanchez is the reigning Super Bowl Champion's best bet at the starting QB position.

The whole league is "********".

There's no way any other team would get rid of Dalton. Let alone the season after he puts up a 106.2 QB Rating.

(QB's picked in the 20th to 40th range the last 4 years: Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Geno Smith, Brandon Weedon)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote