Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Henry deal enough for Mixon?
I hate the term “system QB” or “system RB.” It’s still largely dependent on the players. Belichick and McDaniels are not churning out RB’s as good as Mixon up in NE. No matter how good their system is.

Belichick does think our “system RB” is the best in the league though...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
After hearing this morning the NFL and NFLPA are at odds about salaries, if this season was cancelled, the Bengals have a lot of leverage. Only players with a guaranteed salary will get payed.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I hate the term “system QB” or “system RB.” It’s still largely dependent on the players. Belichick and McDaniels are not churning out RB’s as good as Mixon up in NE. No matter how good their system is.

Belichick does think our “system RB” is the best in the league though...

Belichek and McDaniels are more worried about winning championships than having guys put up numbers.

Belichek may think Joe is the best RB in the league,but the pats aren't going to pay him $10+ mil a year if he becomes a FA next year.  That's because they don't pay RB's.  They sign cheap vets and do timeshares with draft picks because they know monster deals for RB's isn't smart.  It doesn't matter where he ranks Joe.  What matters is what he's willing to pay for Joe and it's nowhere close to the #'s being thrown around on here.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 12:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: Belichek and McDaniels are more worried about winning championships than having guys put up numbers.

Belichek may think Joe is the best RB in the league,but the pats aren't going to pay him $10+ mil a year if he becomes a FA next year.  That's because they don't pay RB's.  They sign cheap vets and do timeshares with draft picks because they know monster deals for RB's isn't smart.  It doesn't matter where he ranks Joe.  What matters is what he's willing to pay for Joe and it's nowhere close to the #'s being thrown around on here.

They paid Dillon back in the day didn’t they? What would his contract be with today’s cap?

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 01:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They paid Dillon back in the day didn’t they? What would his contract be with today’s cap?

It'd be about tree fiddy.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 12:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Umm that article never mentions the locker room, Fred. It talks about the engery he brings on game day same thing I mentioned in my post. You see it with Mixon on the field and on the sideline.

"Energy" is not leadership.  Just because Mixon has "energy" or smiles when he plays, or whatever I don't see it having a huge impact on the rest of the team.

I am sure teams like some players who are like cheerleaders on the sidelines, but that is not the same as "leadership".  In fact when I was playing, some of the guys who put on the biggest shows on the sidelines were not that highly regarded in the locker room.  Same with the criers and the screechers.  Nothing wrong with showing emotion, but it is not the same as leadership.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 01:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It'd be about tree fiddy.

Don’t give that damn monster tree fiddy

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Energy" is not leadership.  Just because Mixon has "energy" or smiles when he plays, or whatever I don't see it having a huge impact on the rest of the team.

I am sure teams like some players who are like cheerleaders on the sidelines, but that is not the same as "leadership".  In fact when I was playing, some of the guys who put on the biggest shows on the sidelines were not that highly regarded in the locker room.  Same with the criers and the screechers.  Nothing wrong with showing emotion, but it is not the same as leadership.

What about the squealers?

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 01:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What about the squealers?

I'm woke now.  I don't support victim blaming.

[Image: because-nobody-should-have-to-squeal-lik...985189.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 01:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They paid Dillon back in the day didn’t they? What would his contract be with today’s cap?

Dillon signed a 5 year, $17.5 mil extension.  The cap was $85 mil then, so today's equivalent of $8.1 mil.  They also cut him after 3 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 08:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dillon signed a 5 year, $17.5 mil extension.  The cap was $85 mil then, so today's equivalent of $8.1 mil.  They also cut him after 3 seasons.

Well, that they cut him isn’t as relevant to this discussion since Dillon was already in his 30’s when he signed that extension (Mixon is 23). I mostly just mentioned him because NE did see the value of bringing in a top RB. They’ve got by without doing so since, but they also had the GOAT at QB. It will be interesting to see if Belichick adds anymore hardware up there without Brady.

Reply/Quote
Great coaches are flexible.

In 20 years as the Pats coach Bill has only had one RB with more than 300 carries in a season, and Dillon had a lot more with 345 in '04. Then in 3 postseason games he had 74 more touches 345 yds.

When Belichick has a stud RB like Dillon he is not afraid to run him hard.
Reply/Quote
He is worth 10 million a year tops.

Wouldn’t pay anymore for his services right now.
Reply/Quote