Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the swingman retiring?
So I hear Kennedy Is retiring
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Can I just summarize by saying I have never heard of a single person who is an original intent advocate who thinks the amendments are illegitimate.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-12-2018, 03:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So I hear Kennedy Is retiring

Is he?

From the article:

Quote:Last June, multiple reports said Kennedy was considering announcing his retirement. But the 80-year-old justice seemingly quashed those rumors in January when he hired four law clerks for the October 2018 term.

Kennedy, who was appointed to the court by former President Ronald Reagan, is considered the most pivotal justice on the Supreme Court and is often known for casting the tie-breaking vote in key decisions.

While he's among the court's conservative justices, he has sided with his liberal colleagues at times, including on the court's 2015 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which allowed same-sex marriage nationwide.

Heller made a claim.  No source.  But he'll use it to "... get our base a little motivated because right now they're not very motivated. But I think a new Supreme Court justice will get them motivated."

So it could be nothing.

We'll see.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-12-2018, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is he?

From the article:

Heller made a claim.  No source.  But he'll use it to "... get our base a little motivated because right now they're not very motivated. But I think a new Supreme Court justice will get them motivated."

So it could be nothing.

We'll see.

Oh I was just trying to steer it back from the off road I course I started. LOL

(03-12-2018, 01:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I just try to use a common sense deduction.  The second amendment.  One group says we should be able to own drones armed with hellfire missiles, and the other side says we should be limited to the weapons that were available when it was written.  

But then one group says it was originally intended to protect states and allow them to form and regulate militias, and another group says it only allows the ownership of firearms. 

We gotta trust the judges. 

Quote:The problem is attempting to be consistent.  I have no trouble assuming an Air force fits within the context of the Constitution.  I do not believe abortion does.  How can i say one without the other?  To me it seems reasonable.  

The 9th Amendment protects rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Has anyone seen my thread lying around here?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-12-2018, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Has anyone seen my thread lying around here?

Well I was driving through P&R when all of a sudden this thread ran out right in front of me. I slammed in the brakes but alas it wasn’t enough. It was messed up after being run over by two tires, barely recognizable,but I’m pretty sure it was your thread.