Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there another Democratic hope?
It is looking more and more like Hillary might be a criminal and if not she is slipping quickly in the Polls. Sanders has a younger brother that’s a Colonel. O’Malley is a joke. There is talk that Bidden might throw his hat in the ring, but he has been a laughing stock ever since he was named VP.

My wife was listening to Mike Savage a few years back and he warned that Obama would break the term limits and run for a 3rd term and Obama bragged earlier in the week he thought if h ran he would win.

Two questions: Is there a viable candidate in the Democratic Party? What would it take for Obama to remove the term limits?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-30-2015, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is looking more and more like Hillary might be a criminal and if not she is slipping quickly in the Polls. Sanders has a younger brother that’s a Colonel. O’Malley is a joke. There is talk that Bidden might throw his hat in the ring, but he has been a laughing stock ever since he was named VP.

My wife was listening to Mike Savage a few years back and he warned that Obama would break the term limits and run for a 3rd term and Obama bragged earlier in the week he thought if h ran he would win.

Two questions: Is there a viable candidate in the Democratic Party? What would it take for Obama to remove the term limits?

I don't think so.

But then I'm not sure where the criminal proceedings are, what Sander's younger brother has to do with anything, and who O'Malley is yet.  Biden has had some gaffes but he's hardly a laughing stock.  And please stop listening to Savage.  His PhD is in botany and he cares more about his poodle than his wife.  Plus they said the same thing about W and Clinton.  Also that they would declare marshal law and not hold elections at all.

But again, I don't see anyone else at this point which is about 15 months until the election.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Obama would need a 28th amendment repealing the 22nd amendment.

As far as another candidate, there are plenty of people who could jump in. Cory Booker would be a good candidate. But I don't think any will. Hillary is not looking good as far as polling goes when Americans are asked if they trust her or if she cares about them. No one really wants to challenge the narrative that this is hers to win and she is unstoppable. Of course she is stoppable. She's old and she's a woman. Not saying women can't be president, but people are still sexist as ****. Also, old people rarely win the presidency. If she is going up with one of the many 40 year old Republicans, she is done.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

O'Malley is also (on paper) a good candidate for the Democrats. He oversaw a ton of progressive moves in MD and was a governor. But no one really knows him. He's running as a VP, essentially.

(07-30-2015, 10:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: And please stop listening to Savage. 

I've listened to Savage once in my life. We had a huge ice Storm about 5 years ago and we would listen to him a night on the AM radio,

The wife listens to all of them all the time.

Also i cannot believe I left out my favorite Dem... James Webb

(07-30-2015, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is looking more and more like Hillary might be a criminal and if not she is slipping quickly in the Polls. Sanders has a younger brother that’s a Colonel. O’Malley is a joke. There is talk that Bidden might throw his hat in the ring, but he has been a laughing stock ever since he was named VP.

It's soooo early to be even attempting to write Hillary off.  In fact, of you're not a Hillary fan you should be bummed that these things are coming up now, so far removed from the primary, let alone the general election.  As for the second point, Savage is a certifiable insane person and I'm honestly baffled how anyone could take the guy seriously.  Obama has given zero indication that he's even considered what you're suggesting.  In fact he's stated just the opposite. 
Al Gore is their in case of emergency candidate.
(07-30-2015, 10:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's soooo early to be even attempting to write Hillary off.  In fact, of you're not a Hillary fan you should be bummed that these things are coming up now, so far removed from the primary, let alone the general election.  As for the second point, Savage is a certifiable insane person and I'm honestly baffled how anyone could take the guy seriously.  Obama has given zero indication that he's even considered what you're suggesting.  In fact he's stated just the opposite. 

So no suggestions for another option?

Hillary will run and they are ok if she loses to Bush... They are practically the same candidate.

What would terrify them is if Rand or Cruz won the nomination .
(07-30-2015, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So no suggestions for another option?

Well, I did say I really liked Sanders several months ago on the old board and I've reiterated the opinion several times since.
(07-30-2015, 11:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hillary will run and they are ok if she loses to Bush... They are practically the same candidate.  

What would terrify them is if Rand or Cruz won the nomination .

No.

(07-30-2015, 11:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No.

Which part?
Let me help the Dems out:

Elizabeth Warren.

(07-30-2015, 11:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Which part?

Cruz scaring them and not caring if Bush wins.

Rand might. Maybe

(07-30-2015, 11:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let me help the Dems out:

Elizabeth Warren.

I didn't mention her because she has sworn that she will not run.

She would be my favorite if she did.
(07-30-2015, 11:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I didn't mention her because she has sworn that she will not run.

She would be my favorite if she did.

They can always be swayed for the "good of the party". 

I have also been told to keep an eye out for Bill de Blasio

(07-30-2015, 11:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cruz scaring them and not caring if Bush wins.

Rand might. Maybe

Cruz in a general is toxic. But if the Dems out up a bad candidate anything is possible.

Rand would beat hillary even if she wasn't wounded. Message is too broad.

What's the differnces between bush and hillary? Except the standard stuff. Economic policy is similar, they both are soft on immigration, both love common core, both will keep troops in the Middle East. Both will take care of the corporations, and both will do nothing to the tax system.
(07-30-2015, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've listened to Savage once in my life. We had a huge ice Storm about 5 years ago and we would listen to him a night on the AM radio,

The wife listens to all of them all the time.

Also i cannot believe I left out my favorite Dem... James Webb

I actually listened to him a good bit when I had a delivery job in the evenings...he was a wacko conspiracy nut but he was entertaining.  Then he stopped being entertaining and was just mean and crazy and I got another job!  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-30-2015, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They can always be swayed for the "good of the party". 

I have also been told to keep an eye out for Bill de Blasio

De Blasio has homeless bathing in the fountains and people are upset.
(07-30-2015, 11:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cruz in a general is toxic.   But if the Dems out up a bad candidate anything is possible.  

Rand would beat hillary even if she wasn't wounded.  Message is too broad.  

What's the differnces between bush and hillary?  Except the standard stuff.   Economic policy is similar, they both are soft on immigration, both love common core, both will keep troops in the Middle East.   Both will take care of the corporations, and both will do nothing to the tax system.

Cruz can't win a general election. He has little independent appeal.

While Hillary and Bush are both moderate, they still have different opinions on some major issues. There's also the fact that the party in the White House makes a huge difference when it comes to handling SCOTUS retirements, general executive departments policy, and the law making process.