Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah Prince
I never really watched him play at OSU, and know he was released by the Dolphins. Opted out last year, so is this guy worth keeping, should we expect anything out of him if he returns this year?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never really watched him play at OSU, and know he was released by the Dolphins. Opted out last year, so is this guy worth keeping, should we expect anything out of him if he returns this year?

Maybe worth keeping as a PS guy. He has good length and was a good run blocker coming out of Ohio St, but his pass blocking needs work.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe worth keeping as a PS guy. He has good length and was a good run blocker coming out of Ohio St, but his pass blocking needs work.

I know he isn't going to be the guy at tackle, but could he play guard?
Reply/Quote
It's been a while but if I recall, one of the concerns about him was that he wasn't NFL strong so hopefully, he spent the last year in a weight room somewhere

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never really watched him play at OSU, and know he was released by the Dolphins. Opted out last year, so is this guy worth keeping, should we expect anything out of him if he returns this year?

Prince always came off to me as mentally soft.  He has good physical tools, but dumb penalties and blown blocks plagued him at OSU.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I know he isn't going to be the guy at tackle, but could he play guard?

That's hard to say. On one hand, you'd think having his length (35.5" arms) would just help even more if he shifted inside. He supposedly has a good kick slide to mirror defenders, but I'm not sure about his actual agility and movement in space. He ranked in the 8th percentile in 20 yard shuttle, 36th in vert jump, and 42nd percentile in both bench press and 3-cone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:27 PM)pally Wrote: It's been a while but if I recall, one of the concerns about him was that he wasn't NFL strong so hopefully, he spent the last year in a weight room somewhere

He’s worth a look as a camp body/possible PS or backup lineman. He was never anything special at OSU. If the knock on him really is strength then I don’t see him magically getting it fixed now. OSU has probably the best strength and conditioning coach in college football and would probably be one of the best if he went to the nfl. If Prince wasn’t strong leaving OSU he’ll never be
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Prince always came off to me as mentally soft.  He has good physical tools, but dumb penalties and blown blocks plagued him at OSU.

Sounds,like alot  of OSU lineman as of late
Reply/Quote
He's worth a look, but his OSU days weren't good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He was borderline on making the roster last year so it was probably smart short-term for him to take the guaranteed salary by opting out. Not sure it was smart long-term. He'll probably get drafted over and pushed out, maybe to the practice squad if they still see something.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Prince always came off to me as mentally soft.  He has good physical tools, but dumb penalties and blown blocks plagued him at OSU.

This is what I remember... Talented, but can't put it all together.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He’s worth a look as a camp body/possible PS or backup lineman. He was never anything special at OSU. If the knock on him really is strength then I don’t see him magically getting it fixed now. OSU has probably the best strength and conditioning coach in college football and would probably be one of the best if he went to the nfl. If Prince wasn’t strong leaving OSU he’ll never be

This is what I was thinking. OSU puts out strong O-lineman, they just don't put out the best OL with good technique lately.

If Prince was weak while at OSU and still is, I don't see him changing much.

BTW, speaking of back up O-lineman I think Adeniji is a damn good player from watching him and he will be fighting whoever
for a starting spot at Guard at the very least. Great feet, length, strength and is very smart. I really like Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
I'm a big OSU fanboy, but let me tell you, Prince sucks. I mean, if he comes to camp and by some chance makes the roster( just can't see it happening ) we're in big trouble. I mean he's so bad, you'll be begging for Bobby Hart back. I was so happy he sat out last season and the only way I bring him to this camp is to build up the confidence of our defense ends, because our ends will all look like Chase Young going up against him. Bengals would be better served to invest in another tackling dummy than Isaiah Prince. IMHO.
Reply/Quote
Isn't this the guy that has mental issues? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Reply/Quote
I think the OP is confusing Isaiah Prince, who went to OSU, was on the Bengals practice squad in 2019, and opted out last year, with....

Isaiah Wilson, who was a first round pick in 2019, went to Georgia, had a terrible first year, was traded to Miami and released after he skipped a bunch mandatory team stuff, and appears to have mental issues.

Both play OT. We have one. Hard pass on the other. Both have been released by the Dolphins. Prince in 2019, Wilson this year. Prince a 6th round pick, Wilson a 1st.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Prince

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/21/isaiah-wilson-dolphins-release-titans-trade
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think the OP is confusing Isaiah Prince, who went to OSU, was on the Bengals practice squad in 2019, and opted out last year, with....

Isaiah Wilson, who was a first round pick in 2019, went to Georgia, had a terrible first year, was traded to Miami and released after he skipped a bunch mandatory team stuff, and appears to have mental issues.

Both play OT. We have one. Hard pass on the other. Both have been released by the Dolphins. Prince in 2019, Wilson this year. Prince a 6th round pick, Wilson a 1st.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Prince

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/21/isaiah-wilson-dolphins-release-titans-trade

No,  not confusing them. I just don't know anything about him because I didn't watch him much at OSU or in Miami.
Reply/Quote
No interest.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 04:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No,  not confusing them. I just don't know anything about him because I didn't watch him much at OSU or in Miami.

Gotcha.

Prince seems like (at best) the #5 OT on the roster/PS: Reiff, Jonah, Fred Johnson, and Adeniji all ahead of him.

Of course, the last 3 are guys that Turner brought in, so Pollack may have a different view on them or their suitability in his scheme. Jonah is going nowhere. And Fred & Adeniji both looked playable at times last year. 

If we draft an OT in Rd 1, I bet he falls off the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:05 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I'm a big OSU fanboy, but let me tell you, Prince sucks. I mean, if he comes to camp and by some chance makes the roster( just can't see it happening ) we're in big trouble. I mean he's so bad, you'll be begging for Bobby Hart back. I was so happy he sat out last season and the only way I bring him to this camp is to build up the confidence of our defense ends, because our ends will all look like Chase Young going up against him. Bengals would be better served to invest in another tackling dummy than Isaiah Prince. IMHO.

This ^

Prince makes anyone we ***** about around here look like world beaters.

S-U-C-K-Y
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hart is better than Prince. The Bengals need much better players than Prince.
Reply/Quote