Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah Prince
(01-23-2022, 02:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Guys don't stop training once they leave college.

Whitworth is a machine because he busts his balls every offseason

No they keep working out to maintain their strength. By 24 you should be at your peak strength wise.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Guys don't stop training once they leave college.

Whitworth is a machine because he busts his balls every offseason

...and don't stop getting stronger once college is over. They're still young dudes. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: +1

Amazing defensive line or not, I’m worried about Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon and their long term prospects.  Running backs have the shortest careers in the NFL anyway but why unnecessarily shorten Mixon’s career? As for Joe Burrow, nine sacks should be a wake up call.

People complain about Mixon, but who could run behind that O-line? 

Yeah 9 sacks and we won is a miracle. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Do folks think PFF doesn't use their eyes or they are more educated to make the call than folks (including former personnel men and coaches) that get paid to spend hours doing so?

Isiah is the new Zac; if he keeps playing good we'll never be able to cut him. Some around here make up their mins too quickly and cannot adjust.

i'm on record thinking Fred would be the better choice at RT, but pollack and the rest of the coaches disagree with me and it appears they knew what they were doing......Now Adeniji on the other hand..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think the three interior could be upgraded. The draft is sort of thin at offense line though
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:15 PM)magikod Wrote: People complain about Mixon, but who could run behind that O-line? 

Yeah 9 sacks and we won is a miracle. 

Henry wouldn't have been much, if any, better behind that dumpster fire.  

Thank God Uzo is like Joe's security blanket but he needs a brick wall.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe because his guy had further to go to get there and always arrived a second too late. LOL Blocking air while a guy runs inside you is never a good look. Someone didn’t know their job.

There were multiple plays were 3-4 titans defenders all got through while our line stood there looking forward. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe because his guy had further to go to get there and always arrived a second too late. LOL Blocking air while a guy runs inside you is never a good look. Someone didn’t know their job.

More likely it was a missed line call because of the noise level.  Hard for PFF to grade that because they don't know who missed the call, although you could probably assume it was the OT and not the G in that circumstance.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:58 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: There were multiple plays were 3-4 titans defenders all got through while our line stood there looking forward. 

You just never know when that eighth rusher is going to sneak around.  Wink
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't see any reason why Adeniji should be starting over Carman this week. Carman might be our future guy at RG and Adeniji played about as bad as you can. Give Carman a chance it would be nice to see what we have before the off-season.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:20 PM)Tony Wrote: Prince was our best lineman yesterday.  He only allowed 1 pressure. Adeniji was doing all the stupid stuff..

He wasn't.

He got smoked so hard on one of those sacks I think pff missed it cause he definitely allowed a sack.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 04:20 PM)motoarch Wrote: He wasn't.

He got smoked so hard on one of those sacks I think pff missed it cause he definitely allowed a sack.

That was Adenijis guy...
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:06 PM)magikod Wrote: Adeniji looked so lost out there. 

The whole line looked bad, but Titans do have an amazing d-line.

Carman better be starting instead of Adeniji Sunday...
Reply/Quote
When do we know when they decide who the starters will be on OL?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The first sack of the game was split by Prince's man. It's hard to put it on him, because Burrow was under pressure and was trying to escape and essentially ran into an angle that allowed the defender to get an easy sack on him. Then, Burrow sacked was Prince's man ran an inside stunt and went right past him. This is either Prince or Adeniji, it is hard to say definitively. There was a blitzer coming free on the outside, ubt the general rule is to pick up the defender with the quickest path to the QB (inside out). Adeniji immediately stepped left, so either he completely ****** up or Prince gave up a sack here.

I can see how they gave Prince no sacks, but I am generally skeptical of PFF and their line grading.

It was a CB Blitz. So there should have been a shift. You can see Prince kind of look at Adjeni like "Hey, you see this" as he doesn't and the D Lineman blows through the gap unblocked by both men.

The Titans aren't THAT good on the D-Line. I think it's a matter of how many places they brought pressure from and how well they disguised it early.
Reply/Quote
The line is awful but a lot of blame goes to Burrow. 40/60 sacks this year he held the ball longer than four seconds. That’s horrible. Throw away the football or it’ll be an Andrew Luck situation all over again. Done at thirty after five years of taking a pounding. Taylor needs to be better too. Stop calling plays that take five seconds to develop when the line can only block for two before they get overwhelmed.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:04 PM)LostInDaJungle Wrote: It was a CB Blitz. So there should have been a shift. You can see Prince kind of look at Adjeni like "Hey, you see this" as he doesn't and the D Lineman blows through the gap unblocked by both men.

The Titans aren't THAT good on the D-Line. I think it's a matter of how many places they brought pressure from and how well they disguised it early.

Then that makes sense, I knew it was somewhere around there. Prince was responsible for the CB and Adeniji didn't catch the shift. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:03 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I never thought I would actually consider wanting Bobby Hart back

[Image: raw]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The first sack of the game was split by Prince's man. It's hard to put it on him, because Burrow was under pressure and was trying to escape and essentially ran into an angle that allowed the defender to get an easy sack on him. Then, Burrow sacked was Prince's man ran an inside stunt and went right past him. This is either Prince or Adeniji, it is hard to say definitively. There was a blitzer coming free on the outside, ubt the general rule is to pick up the defender with the quickest path to the QB (inside out). Adeniji immediately stepped left, so either he completely ****** up or Prince gave up a sack here.

I can see how they gave Prince no sacks, but I am generally skeptical of PFF and their line grading.

This is what I saw. Prince wasn't good in this game either, no one was good on the OL but the right side needs an upgrade 
and to not be embarrassed like Adeniji was all game. Put in Carman at the very least at RG is still my call even if it doesn't 
happen. Maybe Adeniji will take this last game as an insult as he should, same with the entire OL including Jonah, Spain 
and Hopkins. It was ugly against Jefferey Simmons, Landry, Autry and company.

Great test though leading up to the Chiefs who are not near on par with these guys.
Reply/Quote
Folks see what they want to see. I posted the video below to show where there is a blitzer on the right side that if Prince doesn't pick up he comes in clean on Burrow, because the RB is on the left side.

https://youtu.be/TUU3iSNBE00

The Titans are in a 3 man front. Who the .... thinks the blitzer is not Prince's assignment. Do they really think 6 should block 3 and leave the blitzer alone
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote