Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Israel Bans Omar/Tlaib
In an unprecedented moment in American/Israel relations, Trump demands them to sanction them and they do. Trump has once again joined forces with a foreign state to attack an American.

Many have come to Omar/Tlaib defense as this sanction is typically saved for enemy's (Russians/NK) not between Allies. And the backlash is building.

Israel has to be careful attacking American congress people as they will need their vote the next time they start a war they want the US to fight.

I agree with the backlash. For an Ally to sanction an American congressperson, deserves a quick and swift response.

The only people to ever sanction an American is Russia, NK, Iran, and Israel.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/15/israel-ilhan-omar-rashida-tlaib-netanyahu-1463655

We have entered a new age.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Looking forward to the next administration completely cutting off that festering bastion apartheid.
And I'm quite sure they didn't ban Epstein ...

Israel is a racist country for decades.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(08-15-2019, 12:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: In an unprecedented moment in American/Israel relations, Trump demands them to sanction them and they do. Trump has once again joined forces with a foreign state to attack an American.

Many have come to Omar/Tlaib defense as this sanction is typically saved for enemy's (Russians/NK) not between Allies. And the backlash is building.

Israel has to be careful attacking American congress people as they will need their vote the next time they start a war they want the US to fight.

Not a fan of a lot of what Israel does and has done, but they're not the ones that typically start the conflicts they become engaged in.

Quote:I agree with the backlash. For an Ally to sanction an American congressperson, deserves a quick and swift response.

Every country is entitled to decide who they let in their borders.  I can understand them refusing entry to people who have openly declared their hostility towards Israel.

Quote:The only people to ever sanction an American is Russia, NK, Iran, and Israel.

Source?

Quote:https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/15/israel-ilhan-omar-rashida-tlaib-netanyahu-1463655

We have entered a new age.

What age is that?

(08-15-2019, 01:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Looking forward to the next administration completely cutting off that festering bastion apartheid.

Unlikely to the point of not possible.

(08-15-2019, 01:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: And I'm quite sure they didn't ban Epstein ...

Israel is a racist country for decades.

My sister recently visited Israel on a business trip.  She did state that Israelis were openly racist towards Arabs/Palestinians.
(08-15-2019, 04:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Unlikely to the point of not possible.

Like clockwork.  Old SSF comes in and pisses all over my parade with his wet towel drenched in logic and pragmatism.    BORING

... you're right.
Both parties are outraged with the blindside attack by our "Ally".

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/457556-lawmakers-blast-trump-as-israel-bars-door-to-tlaib-and-omar#.XVWuNQissBE.twitter

The "Squad" is far more popular now then they were yesterday as the nation rises to stand with America and criticize Trump for calling on yet another foreign state to attack an American.

Nobody sanctions Americans without a response. Nobody. Americans no longer think turning on their Country for these foreign states and Trump is cute. That was soooo 2016. I expect a swift response in the next couple days (or the decision will be reversed).

(08-15-2019, 04:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Like clockwork.  Old SSF comes in and pisses all over my parade with his wet towel drenched in logic and pragmatism.    BORING

...  you're right.

Sorry.  My job has made me a bit of a cynic.  That and observance of the world around me.

(08-15-2019, 04:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Both parties are outraged with the blindside attack by our "Ally".

Not really.

Quote:The "Squad" is far more popular now then they were yesterday as the nation rises to stand with America and criticize Trump for calling on yet another foreign state to attack an American.

Not really.  Saying they shouldn't have been blocked is not approval of their particular brand of horseshit.  I don't think they should have been blocked, but their policies and positions are as stupid now as they were a week ago.

Quote:Nobody sanctions Americans without a response. Nobody. Americans no longer think turning on their Country for these foreign states and Trump is cute. That was soooo 2016. I expect a swift response in the next couple days (or the decision will be reversed).

OOOOooooooo, please tell me what response you anticipate.  I do so love the art of soothsaying.   Smirk
Trump is petty? Color me shocked.
Killing people everyday day during decades, putting people on ghettos, destroying houses and finally : Did they just throw us a rock ?

How rude. Let's kill more.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(08-15-2019, 04:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Both parties are outraged with the blindside attack by our "Ally".

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/457556-lawmakers-blast-trump-as-israel-bars-door-to-tlaib-and-omar#.XVWuNQissBE.twitter

The "Squad" is far more popular now then they were yesterday as the nation rises to stand with America and criticize Trump for calling on yet another foreign state to attack an American.

Nobody sanctions Americans without a response. Nobody. Americans no longer think turning on their Country for these foreign states and Trump is cute. That was soooo 2016. I expect a swift response in the next couple days (or the decision will be reversed).

Yep, they're so popular that people in their own districts are slow to contribute to the re-election campaigns...   Rolleyes

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Doesn't look Trump-related at all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you try to fly into a country, request to meet 0 Israli officials, and list your itinerary as visiting "Palestine" and not "Israel" then surprise... Israel isn't going to be welcoming to you.

(Side note, amazing how Trump is both illiterate and barely capable of sentience, and somehow simultaneously able to mastermind other countries to do his bidding by banning whomever he wants from there.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Israel is already walking it back as the backlash from both parties and Americans build.

We won't stand for sanctions against Americans. Especially from a Ally. I think Israel is seeing that.

Even if some Trump supporters/defenders still like it when foreign countries attack Americans.

But they've long turned on this great Country.

(08-16-2019, 09:01 AM)jj22 Wrote: Israel is already walking it back as the backlash from both parties and Americans build.

No, it's not. 

Quote:We won't stand for sanctions against Americans. Especially from a Ally. I think Israel is seeing that.

No they're not.

Quote:Even if some Trump supporters/defenders still like it when foreign countries attack Americans.

I haven't seen a single post here that supports the ban.

Quote:But they've long turned on this great Country.

All we hear from you is how this country is racist.  Now it's a great country?  
(08-16-2019, 09:14 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, it's not. 

No they're not.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/israels-interior-minister-will-allow-rashida-tlaib-to-visit-country-to-see-grandmother-report

[/url]
Quote:[url=https://www.foxnews.com/category/world/world-regions/israel]Israel’s interior minister has approved a humanitarian request from Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., to visit the West Bank just hours after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahuannounced Tlaib and Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., were barred from entering this weekend due to their support of an anti-Israel boycott movement.

In a letter sent to Interior Minister Aryeh Deri, Tlaib requested being able to visit her Palestinian grandmother who lives in the West Bank, according to the Jerusalem Post.

(08-16-2019, 09:14 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I haven't seen a single post here that supports the ban.

Well....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

No they're not.

I haven't seen a single post here that supports the ban.

All we hear from you is how this country is racist.  Now it's a great country?  

I think your wrong with all of this. Plus I've always been pro America which is why I upset a lot of Trump supporters who have found it acceptable to applaud foreign countries for attacking fellow Americans and who have professed their love for Putin/Kim/Saudi King etc, and have turned on American Intel, our VETS, and Gold Star and Purple heart families.

And while this country has it's race issues which I've discussed. I've always been pro America. Trump supporters can't take that away from me as that's been a core principle of mine and will remain so. I've always said I'm not Dem or Republican but American.

In the mean time, I'll continue to read about Israel backlash and slow walking back the ban.

I'll say it again. Nobody sanctions Americans without a response. Israel knows this.

(08-16-2019, 10:17 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think your wrong with all of this. Plus I've always been pro America which is why I upset a lot of Trump supporters who have found it acceptable to applaud foreign countries for attacking fellow Americans and who have professed their love for Putin/Kim/Saudi King etc, and have turned on American Intel, our VETS, and Gold Star and Purple heart families.

And while this country has it's race issues which I've discussed. I've always been pro America. Trump supporters can't take that away from me as that's been a core principle of mine and will remain so. I've always said I'm not Dem or Republican but American.

In the mean time, I'll continue to read about Israel backlash and slow walking back the ban.

I'll say it again. Nobody sanctions Americans without a response. Israel knows this.

LOL sounds like you "hate" America. For the same reason MLK did. I've been told Tlaib and Omar do too.

One question this latest Tweet-inspired diplomatic row raises for me is how it affects the balance of foreign policy powers between the legislative and the executive branches. It appears a sitting president just restricted a Congressional visit/educational mission, by working with a foreign leader to keep, not just "Americans," but members of Congress from visiting that leader's state. Because he is in a twitter war with those members and this will "hurt" them, not because it is in US policy interests to do so. Perhaps the visit was "unofficial"?

Israel is the largest recipient of US foreign aid. And US evangelicals believe it has a special role in ushering in the End Times, and so deserving of special US protection regardless of any stupid declaration of universal human rights. Sanctioning it will not be easy, until more Americans learn more about the history of that country and its dealings with not only its neighbors, but the subject population of Palestinians on the West Bank and Gaza. 

I think that you are right that many Israelis will be nervous about this possible outcome. To continue their occupation/settlement of the West Bank, they need US support, and to keep that support, they need keep Palestinian relations out of the news as much as possible.  People will now be hearing more about why Tlaib can't just visit her grandmother.

Rather like a black American of South African heritage being refused a visa in 1986 for speaking out against Apartheid.

"As a free and vibrant democracy, Israel is open to critics and criticism . . .

but every state has a right to refuse entry to those intending 'harm' and 'incitement'."  lol

No they're not.

(08-16-2019, 09:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/israels-interior-minister-will-allow-rashida-tlaib-to-visit-country-to-see-grandmother-report

[/url]

[url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Israel-Bans-Omar-Tlaib?pid=741558#pid741558]Well....

You linked to my post GMD, but you didn't read it apparently. They were always willing to let her visit her family, so letting her visit her family (she turned down the offer) isn't walking back anything. Here is the last part of my post that you yourself linked:

Nonetheless, if Congresswoman Tlaib submits a humanitarian request to visit her relatives, the minister of interior has announced that he will consider her request on the condition that she pledges not to act to promote boycotts against Israel during her visit.

(08-16-2019, 12:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You linked to my post GMD, but you didn't read it apparently. They were always willing to let her visit her family, so letting her visit her family (she turned down the offer) isn't walking back anything. Here is the last part of my post that you yourself linked:

Nonetheless, if Congresswoman Tlaib submits a humanitarian request to visit her relatives, the minister of interior has announced that he will consider her request on the condition that she pledges not to act to promote boycotts against Israel during her visit.

Your post agreed with the ban.

You cited why it was right in your opinion.

"If you try to fly into a country, request to meet 0 Israli officials, and list your itinerary as visiting "Palestine" and not "Israel" then surprise... Israel isn't going to be welcoming to you. "

If you meant to say you disagreed you should have said that.
(08-16-2019, 12:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Your post agreed with the ban.

You cited why it was right in your opinion.

"If you try to fly into a country, request to meet 0 Israli officials, and list your itinerary as visiting "Palestine" and not "Israel" then surprise... Israel isn't going to be welcoming to you. "

If you meant to say you disagreed you should have said that.

Where did I ever once say I didn't? You're really failing at reading my posts in this thread, GMD. It's a country's right to turn away people who wish it ill. If a politician tried to fly into China with the express and openly revealed purpose of political grandstanding that Taiwan should be independent, they probably wouldn't be allowed in either. My opinions on if Taiwan should be independent, or if there should be both an Israel and Palestein, or not aren't at issue. I just agree it's a country's right to block those who mean them harm from entering their country.

My latest point was that you and JJ are acting like they are walking back their actions by allowing Talib to visit her family, but it was ALWAYS stated that they would allow her to visit her family, just no political grandstanding against their country.

I also find it funny how you guys are constantly (and accurately) worried about damaged relations with our allies with Trump's idiocy, but then support a Congresswoman who specifically wanted to go over to our ally to grandstand that they shouldn't exist. 

(08-16-2019, 12:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Where did I ever once say I didn't? You're really failing at reading my posts in this thread, GMD. It's a country's right to turn away people who wish it ill. If a politician tried to fly into China with the express and openly revealed purpose of political grandstanding that Taiwan should be independent, they probably wouldn't be allowed in either. My opinions on if Taiwan should be independent, or if there should be both an Israel and Palestein, or not aren't at issue. I just agree it's a country's right to block those who mean them harm from entering their country.

My latest point was that you and JJ are acting like they are walking back their actions by allowing Talib to visit her family, but it was ALWAYS stated that they would allow her to visit her family, just no political grandstanding against their country.

I also find it funny how you guys are constantly (and accurately) worried about damaged relations with our allies with Trump's idiocy, but then support a Congresswoman who specifically wanted to go over to our ally to grandstand that they shouldn't exist. 

SSF said there was not one post agreeing with the ban.

I quoted your post as one that agrees with the ban.

You respond that I "didn't read" your post.

I said if you meant to say you DID NOT agree with the ban you should have said that.

You respond that you never once said you didn't support the ban.

And *I* am failing?

Have a good weekend.