Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Israel/Hamas War Superthread
(05-01-2024, 04:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You make some good points here.  I do have to ask why the past "eight years" have been hell on their mental health?  I can understand the past four, with the lockdowns, but how are getting the four before that?

In no particular order

Public mass shootings targetting African-American, Latino, and LGBTQ people;  school shootings have been at an all time high; the political division of Americans; race riots; pandemic lockdowns; rise of extremism, attacks on academic freedom; rising cost of adult living including the cost of an education; high levels of bullying; fentanyl emergence; rising suicide numbers; impact of unlimited toxic social media

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's not about a generation being "better" or worse.  It's about supporting terrorists.  Since you had issues with the last one, maybe this is more your speed.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Israel must fall, and free all prisoners.  And yes, they clearly mean all the terrorists too.  Notice the sign behind the kid chanting that?  Who is the guy they're advocating for release?  Ahmad Saadat is a convicted terrorist who masterminded the assassination of an Israeli minister.

Sorry Dino, you're on the side of the baddies.

[Image: are-we-the-baddies.gif]

How am I on their side?  Have said anything remotely like that or said they were right to say it?

Or are you just making up stuff?

Yeah, you're just making stuff up.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 04:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: How am I on their side?  Have said anything remotely like that or said they were right to say it?

Or are you just making up stuff?

Yeah, you're just making stuff up.

Oh, you haven't been denying these campus protests had a pro-Hamas faction within them?  Damn, I must have hit a dimensional rift and appeared in an alternative timeline.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 05:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, you haven't been denying these campus protests had a pro-Hamas faction within them?  Damn, I must have hit a dimensional rift and appeared in an alternative timeline.

Nope. I said most of what I saw was pro-civilian.  But please where share the post where I denied it anyone was being pro-Hamas.

Go ahead now.

And while you're at it show where I "had issues" with the first one.  Pointing out that THAT one didn't support the argument that "these kids" don't know what they're talking about isn't supporting what was said OR having an issue other than the discussion about it wasn't accurate.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Israel must fall, and free all prisoners.  And yes, they clearly mean all the terrorists too.  Notice the sign behind the kid chanting that?  Who is the guy they're advocating for release?  Ahmad Saadat is a convicted terrorist who masterminded the assassination of an Israeli minister.

Sorry Dino, you're on the side of the baddies.

[Image: are-we-the-baddies.gif]

http://thebengalsboard.com/newreply.php?tid=24583&replyto=893985   #20
(08-25-2020, 10:27 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll reiterate, comparing your political opponents to Nazis is unacceptable.  The only exception would be if they were actual Nazis.  I suppose we can file this under "it's ok if the people I like do it" file for you.  It's certainly not the first entry.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Republican-National-Convention-s?page=5&highlight=hitler  #97

(08-26-2020, 01:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's a simple concept, comparing your political opponents to the Nazis or anything related to the Nazis is a charged, and over the top, allegation.  It is done to be intentionally inflammatory and no amount of pontificating on your part will change this.  This is, of course, my opinion.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Why-does-he-refuse-to-condemn-them?page=17&highlight=hitler  #337

(10-08-2020, 08:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I largely give serious responses, just not when the question isn't serious.  In your case I am happy to reply as requested in the hopes that you follow suit.  First off, my disdain for Nazi and Hitler comparisons is well known.  They are so loaded that they automatically terminate any serious dialogue.  By choosing to make a direct comparison to Hitler you are indulging in this behavior.  Of course no one with any knowledge of Hitler, with the benefit of nearly 100 years of hindsight and analysis, would read anything into his comments on this topic as anything other than what it was.  Even back then Hitler made his intentions largely known.  Contrast that with Trump.  Is Trump definitively stating that Scandinavian Caucasians have superior genes?  Is Trump even definitively saying that white Minnesotans have superior genes?  If so superior to what?  

He's addressing a crowd.  He stated people in Minnesota have good genes.  He did not exclude any groups living in Minnesota from that statement.  He did not precede his statement with a chapters long diatribe about the superiority of the "Aryan" race compared to the "subhuman" Jew or "insert ethnic minority here".  So while you, and rational others such as Hollodero, can find his comments disturbing and flirting, at best, with the concept of eugenics, a direct comparison to Hitler's statements in Mein Kampf is wholly inappropriate because of what Trump did said, but far more so because of what he did not.  So, insanely inflammatory comparisons to Nazis and Hitler aside, the direct comparison doesn't even withstand scrutiny without those loaded comparison.

Quite simply, and I honestly ask that you not give me a two page answer to this because I find them ponderous (no insult here, I'm being honest), comparisons to Hitler or the Nazis will almost always be met with disdain on my part because of what they represent and how insanely prejudicial they are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:12 PM)Dill Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/newreply.php?tid=24583&replyto=893985   #20

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Republican-National-Convention-s?page=5&highlight=hitler  #97

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Why-does-he-refuse-to-condemn-them?page=17&highlight=hitler  #337

You are trying to read to much in to a Meme??
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:12 PM)Dill Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/newreply.php?tid=24583&replyto=893985   #20

Oh man, I actually feel bad for you on this one.

(05-02-2024, 06:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You are trying to read to much in to a Meme??

He doesn't know. 

[Image: 027b43db-e452-4256-b0c9-9b386173cce4_text.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You are trying to read to much in to a Meme??

Guy who constantly forbids Nazi comparisons because they are "insanely prejudicial" and
"automatically terminate serious dialogue" and will always be "met by [him] with disdain" just stuck a Nazi gif 
in a post to Dino and said he was on the side of the "bad guys."

I think that means the guy makes ad hoc arguments, one moment establishing principles/rules and
accusing others of double standards, then another moment breaking his own rules when he feels like it.
One Thread contra Trump and Right wing politicians he is against Nazi comparisons in any way shape 
or form as a matter of principle. But on other threads they are ok for "leftists"--but only when they deserve it.

I can at least "read" that into a Nazi gif deployed by the guy who calls them always "unacceptable."

What did you think he meant by the meme? Who are the bad guys?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh man, I actually feel bad for you on this one.

Don't think so.

I doubt you are happy to be reminded of your double standard.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:44 PM)Dill Wrote: Don't think so.

I doubt you are happy to be reminded of your double standard.

[Image: digging-thank-you.gif]

Cool

The best part of this is you'll pull this out as proof of my hypocrisy down the road and own yourself all over again.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 06:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I looked at all those signs.  They must spell "support hamas" differently that the rest of the world. Mellow

(05-02-2024, 05:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nope. I said most of what I saw was pro-civilian.  But please where share the post where I denied it anyone was being pro-Hamas.

Go ahead now.

And while you're at it show where I "had issues" with the first one.  Pointing out that THAT one didn't support the argument that "these kids" don't know what they're talking about isn't supporting what was said OR having an issue other than the discussion about it wasn't accurate.

Again, maybe I got you and your friend confused here.  As for "the kids", is this a sufficient example for you, or are you going to need more?

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 05:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, you haven't been denying these campus protests had a pro-Hamas faction within them?  Damn, I must have hit a dimensional rift and appeared in an alternative timeline.

Can you show a post where Dino denied campus protests had a pro-hamas faction within them?

If not, I'm curious as to why a guy regularly accuses others of "lying" would claim this.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The best part of this is you'll pull this out as proof of my hypocrisy down the road and own yourself all over again.

How does posting proof of your hypocrisy own me?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I looked at all those signs.  They must spell "support hamas" differently that the rest of the world. [Image: indifferent0012.gif]

Again, maybe I got you and your friend confused here.  As for "the kids", is this a sufficient example for you, or are you going to need more?

I'm certainly going to need more.

That's not Dino denying campus protests had a "pro-Hamas faction." That's Dino denying you prove it with this photo.

That you used THAT particular photo to prove "Hamas!" just shows how far you are willing to stretch evidence to get the conclusion you want.
The signs say "Release all Palestinian prisoners" but some prisoners are Hamas so that makes the protest pro Hamas.

I've asserted that the protests are mainly against the Gaza War and against the occupation which led it. No war, no occupation, no protests.
I think Dino agrees.

You act like it's just a coincidence that there is a war killing innocent women and children occurring during all these pro Hamas protests.

People protesting the slaughter of civilians are the "bad guys." You side with the good guys, the occupiers now bombing the civilians.

[Image: hamas-protests-columbia.jpg?fit=2057%2C1200&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 07:12 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm certainly going to need more.

That's not Dino denying campus protests had a "pro-Hamas faction." That's Dino denying you prove it with this photo.

That you used THAT particular photo to prove "Hamas!" just shows how far you are willing to stretch evidence to get the conclusion you want.
The signs say "Release all Palestinian prisoners" but some prisoners are Hamas so that makes the protest pro Hamas.

I've asserted that the protests are mainly against the Gaza War and against the occupation which led it. No war, no occupation, no protests.
I think Dino agrees.

You act like it's just a coincidence that there is a war killing innocent women and children occurring during all these pro Hamas protests.

People protesting the slaughter of civilians are the "bad guys." You side with the good guys, the occupiers now bombing the civilians.

[Image: hamas-protests-columbia.jpg?fit=2057%2C1200&ssl=1]

Hmm, I guess freeing all Palestinian prisoners doesn't include freeing convicted terrorists.  We've gone over this before.  What I am acknowledging is the shockingly ignorant character of these people, including yourself who are inadvertently or willfully ignorant of the Hamas strategy to maximize civilian casualties to get simpletons in the west to be sympathetic to their "plight".

Hamas is playing you and your fellow lefties like a fiddle, grinning and raping all the while.  You're a useful tool to them, and that's it.  Not many things sadder than someone who allows themselves to be used by rapists and murderers.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:55 PM)Dill Wrote: How does posting proof of your hypocrisy own me?

You not knowing why is the exact answer.  

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 07:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How does posting proof of your hypocrisy own me?

You not knowing why is the exact answer.  

So neither of us knows why.

That means "it doesn't" is the exact answer.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Again, maybe I got you and your friend confused here.  As for "the kids", is this a sufficient example for you, or are you going to need more?

So twice you've gotten "confused" about me and my "friend" and made accusations you can't back up.

Why not just call me an anti-semite too?  Seem to be your go to without any actual proof...or repercussions.

And there's no need to be sufficient for me.  I realize there are all types in these groups and protests...that doesn't mean I will say they are all wrong or they all don't know what they're talking about. And that also doesn't mean that I haven't seen more protests for the civilians and not supporting Hamas.

I  guess just don't like when facts...that the original video wasn't a student and wasn't on a campus in the US...are presented that don't backup your narrative so you need to "win" something when I wasn't even disagreeing that that first video was horrible.  

Whatever makes you happy.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 07:43 PM)Dill Wrote: So neither of us knows why.

That means "it doesn't" is the exact answer.

Kindly don't alter my posts when quoting them, thank you.  Also, I know, I know you don't, and I know you don't know that you don't know what you don't know.

(05-02-2024, 08:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: So twice you've gotten "confused" about me and my "friend" and made accusations you can't back up.

Why not just call me an anti-semite too?  Seem to be your go to without any actual proof...or repercussions.

Wow, you and your friend keep bringing that up despite my stating I wouldn't reiterate it.  What is this weird, sick obsession you both have with constantly dredging up an accusation that you claimed you abhorred at the time and was promised not to be reiterated?

Quote:And there's no need to be sufficient for me.  I realize there are all types in these groups and protests...that doesn't mean I will say they are all wrong or they all don't know what they're talking about. And that also doesn't mean that I haven't seen more protests for the civilians and not supporting Hamas.

The point was never that they all support Hamas, the point was a not insignificant number do.  Which you ignored and others denied and is becoming more and more obvious every day these protests continue.  I don't know about you, but I'd be embarrassed if these people were on my side.  Maybe these kids just don't care, as I've never heard a single statement condemning these people or actions taken to exclude them.

Quote:I  guess just don't like when facts...that the original video wasn't a student and wasn't on a campus in the US...are presented that don't backup your narrative so you need to "win" something when I wasn't even disagreeing that that first video was horrible.  

Whatever makes you happy.

Wait, you're complaining that I didn't supply a good enough example initially and are now butthurt that I supplied a much better one?  

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 08:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That means "it doesn't" is the exact answer.

Kindly don't alter my posts when quoting them, thank you.  Also, I know, I know you don't, and I know you don't know that you don't know what you don't know.

Hissy fit.   That didn't "alter" your post. The quotes were not used to attribute a quote to you.

(05-02-2024, 08:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wow, you and your friend keep bringing that up despite my stating I wouldn't reiterate it.  What is this weird, sick obsession you both have with constantly dredging up an accusation that you claimed you abhorred at the time and was promised not to be reiterated?

The point was never that they all support Hamas, the point was a not insignificant number do.  Which you ignored and others denied and is becoming more and more obvious every day these protests continue.  I don't know about you, but I'd be embarrassed if these people were on my side.  Maybe these kids just don't care, as I've never heard a single statement condemning these people or actions taken to exclude them.

LOL would you say that "plenty" support Hamas?
Reply/Quote