Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel to Pay $9,000 to Any Civilian Willing to Help Deport Asylum Seekers by Force
(01-15-2018, 07:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy is a liberal?

Perhaps he is; however, posts 13 and 15 lead me to believe Lucy understands the concept and is not crying wolf. 

As far as I now Lucy is a Libertarian. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-15-2018, 07:22 PM)treee Wrote: It is the industrialized nation's responsibility to take care of less developed nations.

Actually it isn’t. I don’t pay taxes to take care of someone in another country.
(01-15-2018, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps he is; however, posts 13 and 15 lead me to believe Lucy understands the concept and is not crying wolf. 

As far as I now Lucy is a Libertarian. 

Lucy said "force" was being used because they would not leave voluntarily...not as an another way of saying anything else.

Take it up with him for posting it and agreeing with it (and me) on the use of the word "force".

Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-15-2018, 05:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or read the title of the article.

If force isn't required why is it in the title?  

You're on the clock!

Wait, in the article claiming Trump was the "#1 Oppressor of the Free Press" you argued that, despite that being the exact title of the article, that it was incorrect as the actual "award" was labeled somewhat differently.  Now you're making the exact opposite argument regarding this OP title.  This kind of blatant inconsistency is why your opinion engenders such slight consideration around here.  I should rephrase, your behavior is very consistent.  You'll make any argument, no matter how contradictory to past arguments, if you feel they help you in the moment.  There is a kind of sad consistency in that.
(01-16-2018, 10:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wait, in the article claiming Trump was the "#1 Oppressor of the Free Press" you argued that, despite that being the exact title of the article, that it was incorrect as the actual "award" was labeled somewhat differently.  Now you're making the exact opposite argument regarding this OP title.  This kind of blatant inconsistency is why your opinion engenders such slight consideration around here.  I should rephrase, your behavior is very consistent.  You'll make any argument, no matter how contradictory to past arguments, if you feel they help you in the moment.  There is a kind of sad consistency in that.

The title of the article posted about Trump was misleading...

The title of the article Lucy posted about Israel was misleading...

I was right about your article.

Lucy agrees with me about his article.

"consistency"

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-15-2018, 11:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Citizens aren’t turning in citizens.

Theoretically. Doesn't mean that won't occur. 

Israel is free to do whatever they want, I just think anytime you offer money for people to turn  on people, things will go wrong. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-16-2018, 10:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Theoretically. Doesn't mean that won't occur. 

Israel is free to do whatever they want, I just think anytime you offer money for people to turn  on people, things will go wrong. 

Have you read the job description?

They aren’t deporting citizens.
(01-15-2018, 08:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually it isn’t. I don’t pay taxes to take care of someone in another country.

Anti-Semite
(01-16-2018, 11:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Have you read the job description?  

They aren’t deporting citizens.

I didn't say they are. I suggested it could lead to action by citizens being taken against people who are suspected of being asylum seekers who are not. We see similar things happen to legal Latino-Americans in the US.

I honestly don't have any issues with what Israel chooses to do in their own country, I just hope it doesn't end bad. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

"The investigators would look into the veracity of the claims and their relevance under the asylum treaty. They will also look into the political situation in the asylum seeker’s country of origin and write an opinion on the risk to their life, their right to asylum and other issues."

Sounds like these volunteers will also help some asylum seekers STAY in Israel.

These people are not getting paid to spy on and turn people in. They are being hired to work in a state department that addresses immigration issues. At least that is what it sounds like to me.
(01-16-2018, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "The investigators would look into the veracity of the claims and their relevance under the asylum treaty. They will also look into the political situation in the asylum seeker’s country of origin and write an opinion on the risk to their life, their right to asylum and other issues."

Sounds like these volunteers will also help some asylum seekers STAY in Israel.

These people are not getting paid to spy on and turn people in. They are being hired to work in a state department that addresses immigration issues. At least that is what it sounds like to me.

Israel is getting rid of economic migrants. Legitimate refugees are quite another story.