Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It’s Monday. Anyone Get Fired Yet?
It’s almost 11:00 ET here in SW Ohio. By now Mike Brown has no doubt finished his Frisch’s Breakfast Buffet and taken his ‘91 Lumina to the gas station. He should be at his office inside Paycor Stadium knocking heads as we speak.

I can think of 275 million reasons why Mikey Boy should be absolutely furious. Joe Burrow is a generational talent whose team should NOT be 1-3 and scoring 10.5 points per game. This talented offense should be scoring ten points per QUARTER. Joe is getting physically abused in what little pocket exists and his calf injury affects his mobility, his throwing, and most of all his mind.

Frank Pollack and Brian Callahan should be on the hottest seats on the planet right now — maybe Zac Taylor too. Mike Brown cannot be happy right now. He opened his wallet wide and the team is playing at a level which can only be described as an epic failure.

Make a move, Mikey Boy. Please. WWPBD? What Would Paul Brown Do?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s almost 11:00 ET here in SW Ohio.  By now Mike Brown has no doubt finished his Frisch’s Breakfast Buffet and taken his ‘91 Lumina to the gas station.  He should be at his office inside Paycor Stadium knocking heads as we speak.

I can think of 275 million reasons why Mikey Boy should be absolutely furious.  Joe Burrow is a generational talent whose team should NOT be 1-3 and scoring 10.5 points per game.  This talented offense should be scoring ten points per QUARTER.  Joe is getting physically abused in what little pocket exists and his calf injury affects his mobility, his throwing, and most of all his mind.  

Frank Pollack and Brian Callahan should be on the hottest seats on the planet right now — maybe Zac Taylor too.  Mike Brown cannot be happy right now.  He opened his wallet wide and the team is playing at a level which can only be described as an epic failure.

Make a move, Mikey Boy.  Please.  WWPBD?  What Would Paul Brown Do?

No one is going to get fired until the season is over. And if its anyone, Pollack is the one who will be scapegoated (and rightfully so). 

Other than that, I can't see much happening. They have the out that "Burrow was injured", even though they continue to play him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Early season firing and who do they replace those fired coaches with? It isn't like it is the off season and there are a lot of available coaches looking to move up in their careers. I suppose you could promote from within and see what happens. I just don't think we are going to see any of that happen.

So question for those looking for coaches to get fired what are some names of coaches you want to replace them with and why would they be better than the current coaches?

Overall I too am not happy with coaching, especially yesterday. But when you call to fire someone you have to consider who will replace them.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Early season firing and who do they replace those fired coaches with?  It isn't like it is the off season and there are a lot of available coaches looking to move up in their careers.  I suppose you could promote from within and see what happens.  I just don't think we are going to see any of that happen.

So question for those looking for coaches to get fired what are some names of coaches you want to replace them and why would they be better than the current coaches?

Overall I too am not happy with coaching, especially yesterday.   But when you call to fire someone you have to consider who will replace them.

When it does eventually happen, I'm replacing Gl(ass)eater Frank with a college guy. We have seen somewhat of a youth movement with HC hirings, players these days seem to connect better with younger coaches with fresh ideas / different ways to go about things. With that in mind, I'm looking at hiring a guy from a school KNOWN FOR QUALITY offensive line recruiting and development.

I'm also doing the same at OC. If Zac is so deadset to throw the ball all over the yard, I want a guy who has vast experience in either the WCO or Run & Gun schemes. I want Zac to be HC and HC only, if he needs to be involved in the offense somehow, let him be the Brian Callahan to the new OC. Not the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: But when you call to fire someone you have to consider who will replace them.
Have a look around the high schools of Cincinnati and NKY hire the guy who’s team who has scored the most points and I promise you they will look more dangerous in offence that what the ***** brain trust of Taylor Callahan and Burrow are coming up with at the moment.

Obviously I’m joking (ish) nobody is expecting Andy Reid and Mcdaniels levels of creativity but when you have the best WR trio in the game and a more than adequate RB this shit can’t go on much longer.

When was the last time we went out and absolutely destroyed a team with the talent we have? The panthers and Falcons games last year were the closest we’ve been.

We barely beat a banged up Ravens in the playoffs and you get people saying oh it’s the AFC north they know each other, bullshit we coach scared and don’t give our guys a chance to shine.

Look what happened against the Chiefs Tee high points the ball for a TD Joe throws one down to chase in to double coverage and makes the play.

Time after time after time we’ve cut our own balls off by playing scared and the fans are rightly sick of it.

Keep Taylor as HC he’s a great leader of men and created a championship winning culture but for the love of god get someone else to call plays could you imagine the amount of applications from hungry exciting coaches wanting to work with Joe and the 3 headed monster?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:56 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Have a look around the high schools of Cincinnati and NKY hire the guy who’s team who has scored the most points and I promise you they will look more dangerous in offence that what the ***** brain trust of Taylor Callahan and Burrow are coming up with at the moment.

Obviously I’m joking (ish) nobody is expecting Andy Reid and Mcdaniels levels of creativity but when you have the best WR trio in the game and a more than adequate RB this shit can’t go on much longer.

When was the last time we went out and absolutely destroyed a team with the talent we have? The panthers and Falcons games last year were the closest we’ve been.

We barely beat a banged up Ravens in the playoffs and you get people saying oh it’s the AFC north they know each other, bullshit we coach scared and don’t give our guys a chance to shine.

Look what happened against the Chiefs Tee high points the ball for a TD Joe throws one down to chase in to double coverage and makes the play.

Time after time after time we’ve cut our own balls off by playing scared and the fans are rightly sick of it.

Keep Taylor as HC he’s a great leader of men and created a championship winning culture but for the love of god get someone else to call plays could you imagine the amount of applications from hungry exciting coaches wanting to work with Joe and the 3 headed monster?

Sure we get it, coaching has been disappointing.  But other than your joking (ish) part about high school coaches none of that answers my earlier questions.  Four games in to the season if they start firing people who realistically will replace them?  I'm simply interested in suggested names of available coaches that will improve things and replace the proposed fired coaches.  It is easy to start asking for heads to roll but probably not so easy at this point in the season to come up with viable replacements. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Not yet... pretty sure I can get canned by the end of the day though. Fingers crossed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s almost 11:00 ET here in SW Ohio. By now Mike Brown has no doubt finished his Frisch’s Breakfast Buffet and taken his ‘91 Lumina to the gas station. He should be at his office inside Paycor Stadium knocking heads as we speak.

I can think of 275 million reasons why Mikey Boy should be absolutely furious. Joe Burrow is a generational talent whose team should NOT be 1-3 and scoring 10.5 points per game. This talented offense should be scoring ten points per QUARTER. Joe is getting physically abused in what little pocket exists and his calf injury affects his mobility, his throwing, and most of all his mind.

Frank Pollack and Brian Callahan should be on the hottest seats on the planet right now — maybe Zac Taylor too. Mike Brown cannot be happy right now. He opened his wallet wide and the team is playing at a level which can only be described as an epic failure.

Make a move, Mikey Boy. Please. WWPBD? What Would Paul Brown Do?

That “generational talent” is a big part of why they are 1-3.
I can’t really blame Callahan because he doesn’t call the plays and Zac is HC so he can over rule any idea Callahan suggests.

Zac needs to give up calling plays (he never will) and give Callahan a shot at it. Zac is no Shananhan or Reid when it comes to offensive play design so he needs to give it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sure we get it, coaching has been disappointing.  But other than your joking (ish) part about high school coaches none of that answers my earlier questions.  Four games in to the season if they start firing people who realistically will replace them?  I'm simply interested in suggested names of coaches that will improve things and replace the proposed fired coaches.  It is easy to start asking for heads to roll but probably not so easy at this point in the season to come up with viable replacements. 

It's about rolling the dice and seeing if someone below the coaches can step up and be that guy. We'll never know unless we give it a shot.

The whole "what's the alternative" take only works when the status quo is at least serviceable. The offense where it stands right now isn't serviceable. 

Could it get worse? Sure. But it's not going to get any better either.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s almost 11:00 ET here in SW Ohio.  By now Mike Brown has no doubt finished his Frisch’s Breakfast Buffet and taken his ‘91 Lumina to the gas station.  He should be at his office inside Paycor Stadium knocking heads as we speak.

I can think of 275 million reasons why Mikey Boy should be absolutely furious.  Joe Burrow is a generational talent whose team should NOT be 1-3 and scoring 10.5 points per game.  This talented offense should be scoring ten points per QUARTER.  Joe is getting physically abused in what little pocket exists and his calf injury affects his mobility, his throwing, and most of all his mind.  

Frank Pollack and Brian Callahan should be on the hottest seats on the planet right now — maybe Zac Taylor too.  Mike Brown cannot be happy right now.  He opened his wallet wide and the team is playing at a level which can only be described as an epic failure.

Make a move, Mikey Boy.  Please.  WWPBD?  What Would Paul Brown Do?

The team is 1-3 and has looked atrocious because of Burrow's lingering injury.
He hasn't fully recovered, and he's going out there (regardless if it's his choice or team's) and unable to be as effective as we all expect him to be.

I don't have a doubt that if Burrow was his normal self, we'd be seeing a much more effective offense.

What I don't see is the team adjusting (or able to adjust) enough to accommodate Burrow being limited.

The team really isn't built to be a strong running team nor is it built to have a statue at QB.

This season is going to ride or die on Burrow's shoulders (or hamstring).

EDIT - Bengals won't make any change until the Bye week, which is my prediction. They get arguably (easily) beatable opponents in ARZ and SEA. If they go winless in those games, you'd have to think some change(s) will be a certainty. Going 1-1 may be a little uncertain but still possible. Going 2-0 I think they'll stick with what they're doin.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The team is 1-3 and has looked atrocious because of Burrow's lingering injury.
He hasn't fully recovered, and he's going out there (regardless if it's his choice or team's) and unable to be as effective as we all expect him to be.

I don't have a doubt that if Burrow was his normal self, we'd be seeing a much more effective offense.

What I don't see is the team adjusting (or able to adjust) enough to accommodate Burrow being limited.

The team really isn't built to be a strong running team nor is it built to have a statue at QB.

This season is going to ride or die on Burrow's shoulders (or hamstring).

EDIT - Bengals won't make any change until the Bye week, which is my prediction. They get arguably (easily) beatable opponents in ARZ and SEA. If they go winless in those games, you'd have to think some change(s) will be a certainty. Going 1-1 may be a little uncertain but still possible. Going 2-0 I think they'll stick with what they're doin.
Winnable game against Cardinal team that beat Dallas?

Titans are one of the worst teams on our schedule.
Reply/Quote
I don't have a very good opinion of how the coaching staff has handled this "entire situation".

1. Joe Burrow should still not have played his first snap this season. It's hard for me to believe they can't see in practice he's just not right, to put it mildly. Joe Burrow never should have played a snap in the 4th quarter yesterday. A game that at that point "realistically" was over. What's the use in sending him back out there?

Who is making these calls on Joe? Sometimes the HC has to pull rank and say you're riding the pine today for your own good. Will MB not let him?

2. I'm not at all happy with the schemes/play calling they have come up with for a 1/3 Burrow, a cardboard cutout of himself. Whether they just can't come up with plays he can run, or he keeps audibling out of stuff? I dunno?

3. I strongly feel the very top main problem right now is Joe Burrow!! He can't physically play at anything close to a high level right now. The offense has 10 plays they can run. The opposing D isn't at all afraid of what we can do. It's like they're playing a bad college team.

You can't expect our D to play lights out when the O is a three and out machine scoring 3 points a game. It's all tied together.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Burrow is the new Nick Foles, or Carson Wentz. Played just good enough, long enough for everyone to think he is the second coming of Brady or Montana. But he ain’t? Look we know he’s hurt. But mahomes won a Super Bowl doing what he does with an ankle that most wouldn’t have played on, Burrow is not even making short passes look good. He’s not been accurate at all. As for our Defense and Oline. Maybe we need to look at Frank Pollack, and maybe we now see why Lou isn’t a HC.
Reply/Quote
I guess we will see where the next week takes us. I can see why they played Burrow in weeks 1-4 because we could say he "may have been OK and good enough" and in week 3 he won and the season was supposedly "back on track." But now? I guess we can say we need to play Burrow now because we need these two easy-ish wins to get back to .500 before the bye.

Ida know...if Burrow plays OK enough and we win 2 in a row would anyone really be floored? For this reason, we're going to stay the course for good or ill, right?
Reply/Quote
Pink slips: I give it until Wednesday ……sometime in 2028
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 02:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: Pink slips:  I give it until Wednesday ……sometime in 2028

Ida know, how much actual firing happened in the semi productive post 2002 Mike Brown era?  I'm pretty sure after 2010 our FO was more than happy to roll into 2011 with Marvin and Palmer and Brat and at least one of Chad or TO had many of them not said they wanted out.

Was Marvin even fired?  Maybe he was ushered out, but I think Marvin could have stuck around because his last year he won 6 games without Dalton for 5 of them and with 4 of the losses being close losses and blah blah blah.

My crystal ball still says ZT resigns ala Chuck Noll a handful of ho hum to bad years after Burrow retires or is otherwise out of town.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's time to break out the billboards and protest urinal cakes.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 02:05 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Winnable game against Cardinal team that beat Dallas?

Titans are one of the worst teams on our schedule.

Yep they just beat Dallas but they were winless prior.

Just because they got an unexpected win doesn't mean they are all of a sudden unbeatable.

If Bengals had a healthy Burrow, you could easily have projected they would be 5-1 or 4-2 going into the bye week.
With Burrow the way he is? I think 2-4 is more realistic, if not 1-5.
This team just can't get anything going well right now.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 02:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep they just beat Dallas but they were winless prior.

Just because they got an unexpected win doesn't mean they are all of a sudden unbeatable.

If Bengals had a healthy Burrow, you could easily have projected they would be 5-1 or 4-2 going into the bye week.
With Burrow the way he is? I think 2-4 is more realistic, if not 1-5.
This team just can't get anything going well right now.

This, basically.  But Burrow could play decent football as he did against the Rams and the D could turn it back on and get us to 3-3 and going into the bye we'll be talking about how a rested Burrow is going to totally turn on the winning streak and win the division.  Add in that the Browns and Steelers look pretty bad and the Ravens always lose a handful of games they shouldn't have, and we'll be talking about winning the division and going into KC to make Taylor Swift cry before you know it.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This, basically.  But Burrow could play decent football as he did against the Rams and the D could turn it back on and get us to 3-3 and going into the bye we'll be talking about how a rested Burrow is going to totally turn on the winning streak and win the division.  Add in that the Browns and Steelers look pretty bad and the Ravens always lose a handful of games they shouldn't have, and we'll be talking about winning the division and going into KC to make Taylor Swift cry before you know it.

I know some may disagree, but I think the Bengals really need to give Burrow multiple weeks of rest in order for his hamstring to get fully right.
Right now, it's week-to-week how it's gonna affect him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote