Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s Monday Morning. Anyone Fired Yet?
Maybe Mike Brown is still at Frisch’s having a leisurely breakfast — with a senior discount of course — but when are heads going to roll in Cincinnati? Personally I would have shitcanned Marvin Lewis and Teryl Austin at halftime yesterday but I’m an impatient little Sicilian who likes results.

This is Negotiations 101: You fire Lewis and Austin, rehire Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator, temporarily and conditionally promote Bill Lazor to head coach, and for the new defensive coordinator you call up Jack Del Rio and make him an offer he can’t refuse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just out of curiosity, is Jack Del Rio still unemployed?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If T. Austin is still DC for the next game, I'm out for this season. If he's still coach after this year, I'm done with this team lol. How on earth?
Reply/Quote
Anyone else checking their phones every 5 minutes expecting (hoping) to see "Bengals fire DC Austin"?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:50 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Anyone else checking their phones every 5 minutes expecting (hoping) to see "Bengals fire DC Austin"?

Actually yes.
Reply/Quote
I called in sick... Close enough.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:44 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Just out of curiosity, is Jack Del Rio still unemployed?

He is. Mike Brown can change this with a phone call.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He is.  Mike Brown can change this with a phone call.

Get him in here with a succession plan.  I'm not even kidding.  Whatever gets him in the door at this point.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Bengalitis' diary entry #1,502:

Sunday: Proudly put up my Bengals flag outdoors.

Monday: Embarrassingly pulled down my Bengals flag indoors.

Wasted
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:50 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Anyone else checking their phones every 5 minutes expecting (hoping) to see "Bengals fire DC Austin"?

I dont know why Haslett wasnt given a chance to get the job?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:58 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Get him in here with a succession plan.  I'm not even kidding.  Whatever gets him in the door at this point.

...or Rex Ryan or Greg Schiano or even D. LeBeau. I don’t care if he’s 90.

I don’t agree with succession plans for coaches in general though and here why: It generates an entitlement mentality. I want coaches to earn promotions the old fashioned way by being great as coordinators and earning the right to interview for head coach.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander was employed by Buster Brown for like 76 years. Nobody is going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:22 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe Mike Brown is still at Frisch’s having a leisurely breakfast — with a senior discount of course — but when are heads going to roll in Cincinnati?  Personally I would have shitcanned Marvin Lewis and Teryl Austin at halftime yesterday but I’m an impatient little Sicilian who likes results.

This is Negotiations 101:  You fire Lewis and Austin, rehire Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator, temporarily and conditionally promote Bill Lazor to head coach, and for the new defensive coordinator you call up Jack Del Rio and make him an offer he can’t refuse.

A ) I doubt that they could afford Del Rio.
B ) You're going to hire an offensive coordinator from outside of the organization mid-season?
C ) What has Lazor done? The defense has been really bad, but our offense consists mainly of running screens and 3 yard throws.

The Bengals had Marvin Lewis's contract up and Lewis was hinting at leaving and Mike Brown was kind of freaking out.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:02 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...or Rex Ryan or Greg Schiano or even D. LeBeau.  I don’t care if he’s 90.

I don’t agree with succession plans for coaches in general though and here why:  It generates an entitlement mentality.  I want coaches to earn promotions the old fashioned way by being great as coordinators and earning the right to interview for head coach.

Isn't Ryan a Broadcaster? He's not coming here.

Schiano was a big failure as a HC.

The Bengals AREN'T switching HC's mid-season. No way.

In the NFL when you fire a HC, you bring someone in from INSIDE not OUTSIDE.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:06 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Just released news a few minutes ago. Marvin stated he still has confidence in Austin and believes the defense will have significant improvements next week.

Marvin should run for office, as I believe his words about as much as a campaign speech..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Marvin should run for office, as I believe his words about as much as a campaign speech..

Did you read the full article I linked?  It's interesting for sure.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:06 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Just released news a few minutes ago. From Cincinnati.com Marvin stated he still has confidence in Austin and believes the defense will have significant improvements next week.

Throw em both in the river.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:51 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Actually yes.

Me too
Reply/Quote
Del Rio coming over sounds very appealing, but like most say, not likely to happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:12 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Did you read the full article in the link?  It's interesting for sure.

It was about Blitz Packages. (They're like Jamarcus Russell.)
Reply/Quote