Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s time we moved from Gio.
(12-13-2020, 06:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trayveon looked serviceable.

That Butt Fumble was cool. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:06 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: But he’s not a solution either.

who is saying he is a solution.. to be honest, a backup should be three things: realiable, good blitz pickup and healthy. those are three things Gio is.. but he is probably too expensive on this team..so if you let him go that is why ...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That Butt Fumble was cool. 

Definitely the most entertaining play of the game.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:04 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: If we’re going to get rid of aging, underperforming vets, then Gio needs the boot too.

You can’t tell me that we couldn’t replace him with some younger talent for cheaper than his salary.

No fumbles till today aside, what is he good for really?

Should have never extended him to begin with  ... Treyvone Williams and Perine both better anyway..
Reply/Quote
I think we should release every player who makes a mistake ever, period. Fk it lets just release everyone.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: who is saying he is a solution.. to be honest, a backup should be three things: realiable, good blitz pickup and healthy. those are three things Gio is.. but he is probably too expensive on this team..so if you let him go that is why ...

Or you re-structure if he's open to it.  Would he get what he's currently getting here on the open market?  Probably unlikely.  

Gio, to me seems like the kind of player that would flourish on a team with an OC that knew how to use him.  I think he could be a Kevin Faulk type of player minus the return game.
Reply/Quote
At least Gio bought this with Mike’s money...

[Image: Bernard-exterior.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We were facing the worst run defense in the league

And taylor benched gio
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Gio bought this with Mike’s money...

Not overly relevant, is it?  I doubt anyone was under the impression that he lived in a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath in Latonia.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:36 PM)samhain Wrote: Not overly relevant, is it?  I doubt anyone was under the impression that he lived in a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath in Latonia.

That’s a 10 million dollar house in Miami. I was actually a bit surprised when I saw it. It’s up for sale though, so it probably was a bit much for Gio.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Gio bought this with Mike’s money...

That is dope as shit.

I'd legit consider cutting of my leg if someone promised me one of those carbon fiber prostetics and that house.  I'd considing throwing in one of my nads too.  (I REALLY like that house)
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That is dope as shit.

I'd legit consider cutting of my leg if someone promised me one of those carbon fiber prostetics and that house.  I'd considing throwing in one of my nads too.  (I REALLY like that house)

Pretty damn impressive.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trayveon looked serviceable.

Dallas has by far the worst run defense in the NFL. I think they give up like 200 yards per game rushing.
Reply/Quote
It's funny. Gio has been a high supporter of Zac. He fumbled for the 1st time in forever...and Zac benches him.
Reply/Quote
He just needs a nice road grader like Jeremi Johnson in front of him. Should be able to get a fullback pretty cheap.
Reply/Quote
That house should be the reward for fans who have tolerated this shit for 30 years.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

This thing is missing walls... not HIPAA compliant.
Reply/Quote
I'd keep Gio, although I'd prefer a re-structure. Here's why: Burrow wants to throw the ball. A lot. He wants minimal protection and as many options as possible in the receiving game. Gio is an excellent receiver and more importantly, is an absolute gem in blitz pickup. That makes putting the franchise back there with no TE's chipping to help the tackles a bit more tolerable.

What's more, he's exactly the type of back that you want if you're trying to neutralize the blitz. We face two teams that blitz a lot and do it well twice a year. Generally, they murder us with it. Any coach worth his ass when it comes to playcalling would start utilizing bubble screens to keep the pass rush from pinning it's ears back. Gio can turn the passing game into a run game if the run isn't there.

He's a good soldier and a smart ballplayer. He has many uses. it would be a shame to cut our noses off in spite of our faces.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 07:28 PM)samhain Wrote: Or you re-structure if he's open to it.  Would he get what he's currently getting here on the open market?  Probably unlikely.  

Gio, to me seems like the kind of player that would flourish on a team with an OC that knew how to use him.  I think he could be a Kevin Faulk type of player minus the return game.

"We can restructure a contract?" - Katie, Troy, and Mike
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I remember when everyone thought Zac was so refreshing and honest. Well...Williams hadn't played significant snaps IN HIS CAREER. Bernard fumbles, and the next drive Williams is getting major reps. And this:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote