Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It HAS To Be RB Fournette or LB Foster
Bengals say they want a major impact player at Pick 9....Bengals like Fournette who was rated by 247 Sports as the # 2 college recruit in 2014 only behind Myles Garrett. Myles Garrett goes in as the top rated NFL draft pick in 2017 but Fournette is one of the top RBs and 11th best player on CBS draft ranking charts. He gets compared to NFL Larry Johnson and some even say the best combo of size, speed and power since Adrian Peterson. ......Reuben Foster was ranked by 247 Sports as the # 15 college recruit in 2013. He is ranked by CBS Sports as the 9th best player in the NFL draft and the # 1 Linebacker. He gets compared to NFL Patrick Willis. CBS Sports says with all due respect to Myles Garrett and other defense players in this draft that Foster may be the most explosive and intimidating hitter sideline to sideline in this draft.

So we end up with a great RB and in 2017 have a top stable of fresh legs in Fournette, Hill and hopefully a healthy Bernard. Don't say that is too many because Dallas drafted Elliott but still took him out in games putting in fresh legs. Plus if Bernard still injured and Burkhead gone, Hill by himself probably not enough. Nobody can make every carry in a season.

Or we get a great Linebacker that is said to be the hardest hitter in the draft. Burfict hits pretty hard also. I don't know where he fits in with Burfict and Minter, but Bengals would have some very intimidating hard hitting linebackers. Maybe the hardest hitting linebackers in NFL. You put that behind Atkins and Dunlap and in front of our good secondary and that could be a Super Bowl Defense.

I don't know which one, but they have to pick Fournette or Foster to grab that High School and College Super Stud Game changing Impact Player at Pick # 9. Either one would be an exciting choice for our Bengals.

Usually players that are considered top college recruits and then later top NFL picks, These stars from high school on up often end up Pro Bowl Players, such as AJ Green. Either one of these picks is an exciting pick at pick # 9 and I read the Bengals like both of them very much.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Easier said then done. Fournette may very likely be gone. Never know about Foster either. The Jets lost David Harris so you never know if they would take Foster.
Reply/Quote
Fournette will be gone and we won't draft Foster after signing Minter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I dont think it will be one of these 2 for 2 reasons. There is a huge amound of debate about if there are the best at theyre positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 03:57 PM)McC Wrote: Fournette will be gone and we won't draft Foster after signing Minter.

I don't think Minter's signing will have much bearing on Foster.  If the Bengals like Foster that much, they are going to draft him.  A 1-year deal won't prevent them from doing anything at LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 05:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think Minter's signing will have much bearing on Foster.  If the Bengals like Foster that much, they are going to draft him.  A 1-year deal won't prevent them from doing anything at LB.

Thing is, if the Bengals liked Foster that much, they wouldn't have signed Minter in the first place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 07:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Thing is, if the Bengals liked Foster that much, they wouldn't have signed Minter in the first place.

I agree with this.  Signing Minter really means that they want to focus on DE and/or receiver but they won't rule out RB. If Fournette and Barnett are both there, who do you take? I think they looked at Mixon to see how much they want Fournette. Is Mixon a better option? He could be, with the right OLine.  Ninja
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 03:57 PM)McC Wrote: Fournette will be gone and we won't draft Foster after signing Minter.

I agree McC
Fournette probably goes to #4 Jacksonville to help out Blake Bortles...
Minter is 20 lbs heavier than Foster & can be the QB on the defense....
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 07:50 PM)Shady Wrote: I agree with this.  Signing Minter really means that they want to focus on DE and/or receiver but they won't rule out RB. If Fournette and Barnett are both there, who do you take? I think they looked at Mixon to see how much they want Fournette. Is Mixon a better option? He could be, with the right OLine.  Ninja

I would take Fournette over Barnett because he is a legitimate Top 10 talent and I agree with the majority of scouting services that have Barnett pegged as a mid-late 1st.  I would go with Ross over either, though.  
Reply/Quote
I think Foster is the most overrated prospect in this entire draft.

He's a big hitter. But past that, he leaves a bit to be desired.

I wouldn't mind him in the second half of the first round but a top 10 pick would be disappointing.

He wouldn't even start for this defense all season barring injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 07:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Thing is, if the Bengals liked Foster that much, they wouldn't have signed Minter in the first place.

(03-27-2017, 07:50 PM)Shady Wrote: I agree with this.  Signing Minter really means that they want to focus on DE and/or receiver but they won't rule out RB. If Fournette and Barnett are both there, who do you take? I think they looked at Mixon to see how much they want Fournette. Is Mixon a better option? He could be, with the right OLine.  Ninja

You're making a huge assumption that he will be there at #9, and you know the Bengals aren't going to give up picks to move up and get him.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You're making a huge assumption that he will be there at #9, and you know the Bengals aren't going to give up picks to move up and get him.

Oh, I DO know. But assuming he is, who'd you take? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
No way in hell do we take a LB at 9 that is 6' tall and would likely have to play WILL backer in the NFL. I like Fournette, but not at 9. I could see him as a value pick somewhere in the latter half of the first round.

I vertical threat is what is missing from this offense opposite AJ Green that would force opposing teams to put a safety over the top of him to open up the middle. A great receiving option there improves our running game as well. Plus, it give the Bengals a receiver that can get separation should AJ Green go down.
Reply/Quote
I used to want Foster, and still won't be upset if we get him, but he is not my choice. His "football instincts" are rated "average" at the college level. That will translate to poor in the pros. And watching tape of him tackling, I think he will spend more time in concussion protocol than anywhere else unless he all of a sudden stops leading with his head. With Burkhead gone, we need a running back of some kind. It would be nice to get one of the best ones, be it Fournette, Cook or Mixon. That said, I still think we go pass rusher....
Reply/Quote
People saying Fournette and Foster are not Top 10 worthy are just wrong. People saying Mixon is Top 10 worth are just wrong. The Bengals say they intend to come away with one of the Top 10 players, so they will not be reaching down for a Mixon who could be there in round 2 or 3. .....Now if at Bengals pick # 9, if Fournette and Foster already drafted, that means the boards have gone wild. If Cleveland Browns or some body draft a QB when no QB is Top 10 worthy, that changes things. That means DE- Myles Garett, DE- Solomon Thomas, DT- Jonathan Allen or DE Derek Barrett have slid down and our CINCINNATI BENGALS grab a rare top of the draft D Lineman. So if not Fournette or Foster due to picked already as some say, that means a TOP TEN D Lineman has slid to us. We still make out like bandits.

There is no true Top 10 WR or QB...I'm hoping Bengals do not draft DB or TE yet again. ...Yes we got Minter but dumped Maualuga and Dansby gone. Burkhead gone and Gio suppose to be still pretty gimpy. Fournette or Foster would be genuine valid Select 10 Pro Bowl type Upgrades, and if they are picked before us it only means a Select 10 Defensive Lineman has fallen to us and you grab that guy. It's not rocket science. You have the Top 10 and then you have everybody else. We pick in the Top 10. Bengals have already said they like Fournette and will take him if there, but they like Foster also. Bengals say they pick in Top 10 and will get a TOP 10 impact player. They refuse to trade up or down and will not take a lower pick player at Pick 9. Bengals intend to walk away with an elite Top 10 Player. They will not reach down for a Mixon who many do not have in first round.

The Bengals Head of Player Personnel said on Bengals.Com, " I want Fournette at 9. I want pick 9 to be a game changing elite player like him "........If Fournette and Foster go before 9, it means one of the top D Linemen has just fell to us making losing Peko and Hunt very easy to take. ..No matter what, Bengals get a Top 10 because they refuse to draft down or reach down for a player not around Top 10.

With Burkhead gone and Gio still gimpy you need more than one RB in Hill ....and with Maualuga and Dansby gone, even with Minter we need a linebacker.....but with Peko and other D linemen gone, a D Lineman slipping to us in Top 10 ......So these top ranked players other than DB and TE are a good fit, Founette, Foster or a D Lineman that slides down to us. It's really just that simple.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 12:16 AM)Shady Wrote: Oh, I DO know. But assuming he is, who'd you take? 

It depends on who is left, but I don't really see a scenario where I would take Foster.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals take OJ Howard because he's the most complete TE in a loaded TE class, can have a big impact on offense since he can both block and catch, he has low 4.5's speed at 251 lbs (faster than Mike Williams), and let's be honest...the Bengals likely won't re-sign Eifert unless it's under $7 mill a year. Given players like Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, and Charles Clay are making over $7 million, I think Eifert will go elsewhere for more money.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 12:37 PM)kevin Wrote: People saying Fournette and Foster are not Top 10 worthy are just wrong.  People saying Mixon is Top 10 worth are just wrong.  The Bengals say they intend to come away with one of the Top 10 players, so they will not be reaching down for a Mixon who could be there in round 2 or 3. .....Now if at Bengals pick # 9, if Fournette and Foster already drafted, that means the boards have gone wild. If Cleveland Browns or some body draft a QB when no QB is Top 10 worthy, that changes things.  That means DE- Myles Garett, DE- Solomon Thomas, DT- Jonathan Allen or DE Derek Barrett have slid down and our CINCINNATI BENGALS grab a rare top of the draft D Lineman.   So if not Fournette or Foster due to picked already as some say, that means a TOP TEN D Lineman has slid to us.  We still make out like bandits.

There is no true Top 10 WR or QB...I'm hoping Bengals do not draft DB or TE yet again. ...Yes we got Minter but dumped Maualuga and Dansby gone.  Burkhead gone and Gio suppose to be still pretty gimpy.  Fournette or Foster would be genuine valid Select 10 Pro Bowl type Upgrades, and if they are picked before us it only means a Select 10 Defensive Lineman has fallen to us and you grab that guy.  It's not rocket science.  You have the Top 10 and then you have everybody else.  We pick in the Top 10.  Bengals have already said they like Fournette and will take him if there, but they like Foster also.  Bengals say they pick in Top 10 and will get a TOP 10 impact player. They refuse to trade up or down and will not take a lower pick player at Pick 9.   Bengals intend to walk away with an elite Top 10 Player.  They will not reach down for a Mixon who many do not have in first round.

The Bengals Head of Player Personnel said on Bengals.Com, " I want Fournette at 9.  I want pick 9 to be a game changing elite player like him "........If Fournette and Foster go before 9, it means one of the top D Linemen has just fell to us making losing Peko and Hunt very easy to take. ..No matter what, Bengals get a Top 10 because they refuse to draft down or reach down for a player not around Top 10.

With Burkhead gone and Gio still gimpy you need more than one RB in Hill ....and with Maualuga and Dansby gone, even with Minter we need a linebacker.....but with Peko and other D linemen gone, a D Lineman slipping to us in Top 10 ......So these top ranked players other than DB and TE are a good fit,  Founette, Foster or a D Lineman that slides down to us.  It's really just that simple.

The only reason Mixon is "reaching down" is due to his "incident", not his ability. MJD says he the best back in this draft....
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals take OJ Howard because he's the most complete TE in a loaded TE class, can have a big impact on offense since he can both block and catch, he has low 4.5's speed at 251 lbs (faster than Mike Williams), and let's be honest...the Bengals likely won't re-sign Eifert unless it's under $7 mill a year. Given players like Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, and Charles Clay are making over $7 million, I think Eifert will go elsewhere for more money.

My thoughts exactly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I agree!! Fournette or Foster,Either one would have me excited.i think i would prefer beastmode2.0 if i had to choose between them though.
Reply/Quote