Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It all comes down to the Supreme Court
Just my opinion, but if you want the court to lean left, you vote for Hillary, if you want it to go right it's Donald Trump. I really have a hard time voting for either but that's what I'm basing my vote on, I think. I don't trust either and this election sucks balls! Just don't get how we got here in the greatest country in the world. God bless us all and good luck!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-06-2016, 11:57 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Just my opinion, but if you want the court to lean left, you vote for Hillary, if you want it to go right it's Donald Trump.   I really have a hard time voting for either but that's what I'm basing my vote on, I think. I don't trust either and this election sucks balls!  Just don't get how we got here in the greatest country in the world.  God bless us all and good luck!

That's one way of looking at it, but eight years ago Trump was saying stuff that would have won him the Democratic nomination this go around vs. Hillary.
If Republicans control the senate and congress we might not have any supreme court justices if they start dying off.
Just for debate, the leanings of the court might surprise some.

Some of the biggest abortion cases — long the rallying cry of conservatives — have been decided by Republican appointed justices who fell on the side of pro-choice, including Roe V Wade.
(11-07-2016, 12:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Republicans control the senate and congress we might not have any supreme court justices if they start dying off.

And how scary is a world where all three branches of government is controlled by a party that says it won't do anything until it can control all three branches of government?

WTF are they intent on doing that they need to make sure there's no checks and balances for?
(11-07-2016, 04:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Just for debate, the leanings of the court might surprise some.

Some of the biggest abortion cases — long the rallying cry of conservatives — have been decided by Republican appointed justices who fell on the side of pro-choice, including Roe V Wade.

Yes. it does appear that the Republican Justices are able to rule in a non-partisan manner. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-07-2016, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. it does appear that the Republican Justices are able to rule in a non-partisan manner. 
which begs the question: What's the point?

the theme of this post primary election has been: If you're pro life or any kind of a decent person, you have to vote for a giant turd because the alternative is that abortion will continue. Except, abortion is - if previous decisions conservative appointments stay consistent - going to continue.
I was staying at my nephew's house a couple of years ago when I noticed that his neighbor was flying his flag at half mast. No one had died. Instead the Supreme Court had just announced that it was not overturning Obamacare.
(11-08-2016, 02:16 AM)Benton Wrote: which begs the question: What's the point?

the theme of this post primary election has been: If you're pro life or any kind of a decent person, you have to vote for a giant turd because the alternative is that abortion will continue. Except, abortion is - if previous decisions conservative appointments stay consistent - going to continue.

Exactly!

I had this discussion multiple times this season:  Not one Republican president has ever done anything to try and end abortion.  They say they will and the "good christians" vote for them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.