Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It appears….
...as if we blew our free agency wads.

Theres still a few guys who can help the huge question mark we have at wide receiver. I hope they aren't content with a draft pick or dare I say Brandon Tate filling the void that Jones and Sanu left.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Current roster and draft pick will find us two more complimentary pieces easily.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate isn't a replacement. He is a return man plain and simple. he may not be good, but he's knows the system and he's cheap.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just move Burkhead into the slot (he's too good a player to be used as sparingly as he is) and draft a speed guy opposite Green.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just move Burkhead into the slot (he's too good a player to be used as sparingly as he is) and draft a speed guy opposite Green.

That just might not be such a bad (temporary) solution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That just might not be such a bad (temporary) solution.

I agree too, man. I didnt think of that.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: Current roster and draft pick will find us two more complimentary pieces easily.

Burkhead is the only one i would consider for the slot. Alford is an unknown, Tate is well Tate, and Wright is coming off micro fracture surgery. Kumerow and Bennett are camp PS players at best. 

A first round pick would be the only solution. If we aren't signing anyone from outside.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hope we'll look at some of the cheaper WR's who have been cut, but we probably won't.

Rookie WRs are often slow to develop, so this is shaping up to be a rough year at the #2 spot, similar to 2012.

It really is a shame that the Bengals appear close to SB contention, yet they have such a lethargic and passive approach to filling such a gaping hole.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
we've got Alford. We know burkhead can at least handle a few routes and get a couple yards after the catch. We will draft two guys and one will get some time by midseason if burkhead or Alford can't step up.

really, it's looking to replace our 3-4 options. It's not like we're replacing green.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 08:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Burkhead is the only one i would consider for the slot. Alford is an unknown, Tate is well Tate, and Wright is coming off micro fracture surgery. Kumerow and Bennett are camp PS players at best. 

A first round pick would be the only solution. If we aren't signing anyone from outside.

Burkhead regularly manning the slot isn't realistic.

Outside of AJ Green, Eifert, Gio and maybe Kroft - we really don't have any solid options capable of picking up the slack.

We are seriously hurting at receiver and I agree...we're not going outside for help, so I'm now hoping we burn a first round pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:23 PM)Benton Wrote: we've got Alford. We know burkhead can at least handle a few routes and get a couple yards after the catch. We will draft two guys and one will get some time by midseason if burkhead or Alford can't step up.

really, it's looking to replace our 3-4 options. It's not like we're replacing green.

Our "3-4 Options" counted for over 150 targets and over 1,000+ yards....
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 10:51 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Our "3-4 Options" counted for over 150 targets and over 1,000+ yards....

Between two guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:23 PM)Benton Wrote: we've got Alford. We know burkhead can at least handle a few routes and get a couple yards after the catch. We will draft two guys and one will get some time by midseason if burkhead or Alford can't step up.

Gio will also factor more in the passing game this year most likely as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 10:51 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Our "3-4 Options" counted for over 150 targets and over 1,000+ yards....

Which is roughly how much Tate/Kumerow/Wright/Burkhead have had combined in 13 total seasons.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gio will also factor more in the passing game this year most likely as well.

Another good point.

I get it sucks we lost two receivers, but we've got talent. We can work around it. Even with the losses, receiver still isn't our weakest area.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 11:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Which is roughly how much Tate/Kumerow/Wright/Burkhead have had combined in 13 total seasons.

Untested players normally stay untested under Marvin. Unless you're talking outstanding talent, he plays guys when he has to. Because those guys haven't had that chance in an average of three seasons each (if you're going to add them up, you've got to divide them back out), doesn't speak to their talent as much as it does the the fact they are still young.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: Another good point.

I get it sucks we lost two receivers, but we've got talent. We can work around it. Even with the losses, receiver still isn't our weakest area.

I think a 1st round and either a 3rd or 4th WR will easily make up the difference with gio's extra load.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 12:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think a 1st round and either a 3rd or 4th WR will easily make up the difference with gio's extra load.

nit picky, but I hope you're right about the production, but off by a round or two. I'm still hoping we take a dt in the first. Guys that would've been a top 16 dt in most years will most likely still be available. This may be the best year to really solidify the line. There will be good wr talent outside the first.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gio will also factor more in the passing game this year most likely as well.

Hopefully not directly in the path where Tuitt stands.
Reply/Quote
No way we spend a first round pick on a #2 WR.

Plus, i think we will still sign a cheap veteran. We signed Denarious Moore last year when we were much deeper at WR.
Reply/Quote