Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It gets worse
From the Home Page---

_It looks like the Bengals are going to have play the last two games with new starting tackles with left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi (shoulder) and Andre Smith (MCL sprain) out and they’re one shy.  Veteran Eric Winston came off the bench to play the left side in the second quarter of Sunday’s 34-7 loss in Minnesota, but he’s more of a right tackle. One option at left tackle is left guard Clint Boling and putting Alex Redmond at left guard or leaving Winston on the left side and going with right guard Trey Hopkins kicking out to tackle with Redmond at right guard.

Andy, is your life insurance paid up?

And we still haven't seem bottom, as hard as that is to believe. Is Richmond Webb available?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: From the Home Page---

_It looks like the Bengals are going to have play the last two games with new starting tackles with left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi (shoulder) and Andre Smith (MCL sprain) out and they’re one shy.  Veteran Eric Winston came off the bench to play the left side in the second quarter of Sunday’s 34-7 loss in Minnesota, but he’s more of a right tackle. One option at left tackle is left guard Clint Boling and putting Alex Redmond at left guard or leaving Winston on the left side and going with right guard Trey Hopkins kicking out to tackle with Redmond at right guard.

And we still haven't seem bottom, as hard as that is to believe.  Is Richmond Webb available?

I'm really irritated that Christian Westerman isn't even in the conversation.
Why not keep Winston at RT, let Hopkins keep developing at RG, see how Boling does kicking out to LT, and put Westerman at his ideal fit at LG?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How in the world did our brilliant management let Whit and Z walk and not draft o line replacements or sign a couple of free agents.

This is why guys like Dungy think the bengals are a joke.
Reply/Quote
Hell, this could be the best news all season. Not that I want either Smith or Og injured, but just that we're going to get some other guys some playing time.

Whoever we go with next season, we've got to have some depth. Will be good to get some of the other guys playing time and help them develop. Hopefully, Winston will just be rotational and not a lock for the last two games.
Reply/Quote
I have actually questioned that all year. Why not move Boling out to LT if Ced is struggling at LT?
Reply/Quote
At this point just throw in all the young guys and a 3rd string QB. No point in getting Dalton or AJ hurt.

Or sign Paul Alexander to a QB deal and see how he likes it.
Reply/Quote
Wait a minute. My bad, I forgot that we have the Linemen Whisperer to get them ready. We'll be fine, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: At this point just throw in all the young guys and a 3rd string QB. No point in getting Dalton or AJ hurt.

Or sign Paul Alexander to a QB deal and see how he likes it.

Don't they have to make a decision on Driskell soon, if they already haven't?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Don't they have to make a decision on Driskell soon, if they already haven't?

Can you imagine if Driskell comes in and lights it up? The debates going into the offseason will be EPIC. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
1st round pick should be Connor Williams from Texas. 2nd round pick should best G or C avail. And grab a decent OL via free agency.

Then use Ogbuehi and Fisher as backups/depth moving forward.

Stock this OL!

The sh*t show that is our OL is embarrassing and pathetic. I too can not get over the fact they let not 1, but 2, pro bowl OL leave via free agency.
Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no reason to play Dalton on Sunday.

So naturally he'll start three and a half quarters.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
ochocincos Wrote:I'm really irritated that Christian Westerman isn't even in the conversation.
Why not keep Winston at RT, let Hopkins keep developing at RG, see how Boling does kicking out to LT, and put Westerman at his ideal fit at LG?

This makes a lot of sense, which pretty much guarantees the Bengals won't do it. Did Westerman whiz in Piano Man's wheaties?
Reply/Quote
Is it against the rules to go with a 3-man O-line for the entire game?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:12 PM)bengals67 Wrote: How in the world did our brilliant management let Whit and Z walk and not draft o line replacements or sign a couple of free agents.

Who cares what Skeletor thinks?

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:12 PM)bengals67 Wrote: How in the world did our brilliant management let Whit and Z walk and not draft o line replacements or sign a couple of free agents.

The Front Office and Owner will always be a joke and God help the next HC.

The 90's are calling and they want the Bengals back!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:48 PM)ZWP Wrote: 1st round pick should be Connor Williams from Texas. 2nd round pick should best G or C avail. And grab a decent OL via free agency.

Then use Ogbuehi and Fisher as backups/depth moving forward.

Stock this OL!

The sh*t show that is our OL is embarrassing and pathetic. I too can not get over the fact they let not 1, but 2, pro bowl OL leave via free agency.

That may fix the offense, but the Bengals could use a DT, LB, and safety. I'm confident there will probably be a good safety and LB in rounds 3-4, but I'm not sure about DT based on how many underclassmen declare. And this draft has some really good DTs expected to be available in the top 50 picks.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 02:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Front Office and Owner will always be a joke and God help the next HC.

The 90's are calling and they want the Bengals back!!!

No one is forcing us to be Bengals fans. We chose this.
And if you feel obligated to be a Bengals fan because of hometown ties, maybe look to move to another city and adopt the nearby team?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: From the Home Page---

And we still haven't seem bottom, as hard as that is to believe.  Is Richmond Webb available?

Save Andy  play Driskel
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:52 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Is it against the rules to go with a 3-man O-line for the entire game?

Since Mikey Boy refuses to pay interior linemen...that's basically what we've been rolling with
for the better part of the last three decades.

There's dumb and then there's Mikey Boy - a sports legend in the art of futility.

[Image: whodeu_hash.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lap said he could go in a pinch!! Wink
Reply/Quote