Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Game Day- What Are You Doing Until The Game?!
(01-30-2022, 12:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: MONTANA! Where men are men and women are sheep! LOL  I lived in Darby years back. That was the motto back then.. It's hard to imagine Montana without snow this time of year.. 

Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. We have snow, just not as much as we should. Darby...a booming metropolis!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Waiting for my wife to get out of bed, then grocery shopping, home to put the food away and wash the dishes, then I'm just chilling before the game.

I'm doing what I've done the past 2 weeks and watching each of our wins (the highlights) on YT. On Jax now.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Exercise, clean around the house, and kill time reading posts at The Bengals Board.

Same here, except I keep ignoring the treadmill this morning to do other chores.  It's downright amazing how much else you can get done when you're avoiding doing something.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I work 8am-12pm today, home by 12:30, Turn on Bengals pre-game, hit the showers, make a late decision on what to eat and hopefully by then its close to kickoff. We're not hosting today so its just the wife and I which is fine. I don't need anyone seeing my tears if we win.
Reply/Quote
Just had a PB&J sandwich... likely going to kill time on the Bengals and UK Message board for a while. Go over to my Dads house 2 hours before the game and start the drinking.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 12:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same here, except I keep ignoring the treadmill this morning to do other chores.  It's downright amazing how much else you can get done when you're avoiding doing something.  

I feel you. I loathe exercising and gain no enjoyment from it, but I stick to the daily grind of getting it in.
Reply/Quote
Guys...I can't breathe.
[Image: 9JYz.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Today is like any other regular season game; that’s how I’m treating it anyway.

I went to Mass where among other things I prayed for no injuries. I’m home answering some work emails I didn’t get to address during the week.

However, I can’t lie. I literally had trouble sleeping last night from all the anticipation. I was alive during both previous AFC Championship appearances and this one feels different. In 1982 and 1989 the Bengals were favored to win but in 2022 that’s not the case…

…and I like it. There is no pressure at all on the Cincinnati Bengals. Favored by over a touchdown (-7.5) at home, all the pressure is on the Chiefs. The Bengals can play loose and happy, keeping it fun, and will probably win.

It’s all up to Lou Anarumo and the defense. Just bat down some passes by Patrick Mahomes and that might be the difference the Bengals need.
Reply/Quote
4:30 Wide awake.  Did not think I could get back to sleep, but amazingly I did.

7:00  Coffee and first nervous crap of the day.  Won't be the last.

7:15  Bible reading and prayer.  Need to keep the big Guy on our side.

9:00  On-line church service.  See above.

10:15  Changed from Bengals pj's to game day clothes:  Bengal socks, black underwear, lucky jeans, Bengal T-shirt and sweat shirt.  Will not put on my color rush Burrow jersey yet, because white jerseys and BBQ sauce don't mix.

10:30  Went on line to order wings from BBQ joint up the street.  Same order as last 2 weeks:  12 wings, hot BBQ, wet.  Wait, what?  They are apparently slammed and I can't pick up order till 3:45 at the earliest.  Shit shit shit.  Are we doomed?

10:45  Investigated other wing sources and placed the usual order, but from a bar close by.  Hope they are decent and that wings from a different source won't wrecked the mojo.

11:00  Posted the locker room scene from Hoosiers on facebook.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gKbrj2nZis

Between now and kickoff, I will probably crap a few more times.  Make sure my celebratory beer and Fireball are ready.  Actually, I've got a bottle of Costco prosecco chilled.  I have a very good feeling about today.  I might run out a grab a cigar.

Who Dey, everyone!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 01:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Guys...I can't breathe.
[Image: 9JYz.gif]

Reign it in, we got a game to win today.

[Image: 200.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gal pal told me she needed me to run her to Walmart and the Dollar Tree sometime after 3 today. Facepalm I told her(HALF way joking, of course) she might very well die today. Smack
Reply/Quote
What am I doing game day ? At 67, I'm resting. It is now Noon.

I can also say what I will NOT be doing after the game. I will not be getting a DUI, or waking up hung over Monday. No fun in that.

I may do something I never do. I may turn on the 2 PM Pre Game on CBS. I normally stay away from The Talking Heads before the game because their opinions are no better than ours. However it is the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP so I will watch Pre Game since Bengals are in AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. When Bengals Win, I will watch the many hours of Super Bowl pre game because Bengals will be in it. Otherwise I would not watch Pre Game. Only when Bengals in a Big Game like this, and I don't have to hear about a million other games as in a normal week.

So at 67, I'm resting and waiting. I will have to call my brother before the game. I will not answer his calls during the game. He calls at the worst times during Bengals games. He is also a long time Chiefs fan, so I don't need that garbage. So a call to my brother way before the game, and no more calls during game. That phone goes Off The Hook during game.

Oh Yes, some people on here today telling Fans to not drink the Kool Aid and to buy into their Negative Realism. Same Old Shut as they say there is TOO MUCH Who Dey on these Boards. Really, AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. Too much Who Dey ???? To them I have been saying before the game :

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just left the gym, going to smoke some baby back ribs until game time.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 01:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Reign it in, we got a game to win today.

[Image: 200.gif]

Sorry bro.  Thanks for bringing me back.  

Oh no, Tecmo, it's happening again man!
[Image: im-blind-cheech-marin.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Just left the carry-out, going to smoke a big green one before the game.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 0860d3f017deea3a796f4464677376ba.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 02:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Just left the gym, going to smoke some baby back ribs until game time.

Now you're talking!!!  Baby back ribs and a Bengals' AFC championship game... that's about as good as it gets on this planet!!!
Reply/Quote
Finish making the Cincinnati Chili, go to church, and then get geared up
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 01:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Today is like any other regular season game; that’s how I’m treating it anyway.

I went to Mass where among other things I prayed for no injuries.  I’m home answering some work emails I didn’t get to address during the week.

However, I can’t lie.  I literally had trouble sleeping last night from all the anticipation.  I was alive during both previous AFC Championship appearances and this one feels different. In 1982 and 1989 the Bengals were favored to win but in 2022 that’s not the case…

…and I like it. There is no pressure at all on the Cincinnati Bengals.  Favored by over a touchdown (-7.5) at home, all the pressure is on the Chiefs.  The Bengals can play loose and happy, keeping it fun, and will probably win.

It’s all up to Lou Anarumo and the defense.  Just bat down some passes by Patrick Mahomes and that might be the difference the Bengals need.

That looseness is why I think they have a real shot to win today and again in two weeks.  Next year, they're going to have the pressure out of the gate to win big.  This year, they're just having fun and proving people wrong.  It's a lot stressful as a fan, too.  If they don't win, oh well, they'll be back and better next year.  But I'm definitely antsy to just get the game started.  
Reply/Quote