Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Game Day- What Are You Doing Until The Game?!
It's game day.

Today's the biggest day in most of our football lives. I was alive in 88-89 but not old enough to understand the magnitude of it or appreciate it.

I have Eden, who was a model in my calendar, asleep in my bed right now, but I woke up at 6:30 to go roll sprints in the street to go the juices flowing.

We ordered Dunkin Donuts last night and they're being delivered from Über Eats this morning.

Normally, I would have gone with McDonald's breakfast, but I had Dunkin yesterday morning and it was incredible, so I went Dunkin.

I'm second-guessing myself now and wondering if I should cancel to get some McDonald's or White Castle to get some meat in me.

After we eat those, we'll probably shower, dress warm in Bengals gear (there's snow here and it's 19 degrees out right now), and then just watch NFL shows until this afternoon.

This afternoon, I think we decided on going to Garzelli's to watch the game with friends but the friend that is picking us up is reffing basketball games until around kickoff, so we'll probably watch the start of it here until he picks us up (I debated on getting an Über there but then I wouldn't have my power wheelchair) and then get to Garzelli's after the first possession or two (Garzelli's is two minutes away).

What are your plans for the day?
Reply/Quote
Work on my sister-in-law's computer and then tune into CBS at 2pm. Gonna watch the crew pick the Chiefs to win and be wrong. Snacks and drinks for the game at my brother's house.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Running around crazy trying to get all I need to do done in time for kickoff.

Who Dey !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Working til noon, then have to speed home. I should get home with 20ish minutes to spare. kickoff is at 1pm here.
Reply/Quote
Watching Nadal win the australian open, working in the basement some, playing CS: GO, then game time. I'm going to watch by myself because that's what's been working for us lately lol, if I drive a couple hours to watch with my parents it's bad luck.
Reply/Quote
It's 25 to 2 here in England and I've been up for 7 hours which leaves another 6 and a half until kick off. Just about to have my dinner then have a bath, probably watch some football ( soccer ) and get ready for whatever comes next. Anything is possible, truly anything. Mahomes could get injured on the first play and everything goes out of the window, but it could also happen to Joe ( please God no !!! ). Someone will come out a hero and someone else an unwilling villain. The tipping of a ball or a misjudged tackle and it all changes. That's what makes sport so wonderful, the uncertainty of it all and that's why we love it. Have a great day folks, eat, drink and embrace everything that happens. Good luck Bengals, give it your all !!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Shop stuff..I'm building drawers for a cabinet to go under my table saw. Just because I can I'm thinking fancy schmancy joinery, deluxe box joints.. And just because I know everyone is dying to know what a box joint it it's something like this..
 [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUkgcJU5e-GHjGOFJvBC1...A&usqp=CAU]
..except my drawers will be about like 18"x26" or something like that.. 
I dunno..Maybe I'll use a simple lock joint..Fewer things that can go wrong and still damned strong..  Cool
I know! Almost like the game today will be as exciting as making drawers, right?  Shocked Did I mention full extension drawer slides? Kind of makes your rectum pucker up just thinking about them, huh?  Wink  They'll probably just go ahead and cancel the game and the networks will come over and cover drawer making live at the messy shop! Staring some mangy old f8ck about to keel over from a heart attack! <--me  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Exercise, clean around the house, and kill time reading posts at The Bengals Board.
Reply/Quote
My son and I are in KC at my brother’s house. We’re leaving in about 15 minutes to the tailgate. I have a pint of bourbon and a six pack of beer and I better pace myself. Section 300 so 50 yard line, pretty far up.

If my phone doesn’t die, I’ll try to post some pics. Whodey!!
Reply/Quote
Padding and soundproofing the walls. Removing all sharp objects and glass/breakable items. Setting up a secondary and tertiary source of watching, just in case.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
1. Walk the dog a couple of miles to tire him out before the game.

2. Take care of aquarium, tortoise and lizards.

3. Small grocery run (second day out of covid quarantine for me).

4. Clean, vacuum living room before the game, vacuum wife's car.

5. Leg workout in the garage, shower.

6. Put on the same stuff I wore last Saturday, hope I've burned off some anxiety.

7. Sit and stew until I see how things play out in KC.
Reply/Quote
I've got church service this morning. I'll be cutting wood between then and kickoff. Then I'll watch the game mostly alone but my 12 and 10 year old boys have started getting into the Bengals this year so they'll watch some with me. I'm looking forward to a great day.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:06 AM)BucketE Wrote: My son and I are in KC at my brother’s house. We’re leaving in about 15 minutes to the tailgate. I have a pint of bourbon and a six pack of beer and I better pace myself. Section 300 so 50 yard line, pretty far up.

If my phone doesn’t die, I’ll try to post some pics. Whodey!!

Nose bleed section in uber loud not so friendly conditions with bourbon and beer.. Sounds like the perfect recipe for either falling down and breaking one's neck or getting the snot beat out of you when we win..and when you scream for help you won't make a sound..kind of like the tree in the forest when nobody is there..  Nervous

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Pacing mostly.....
Reply/Quote
I have such a joyous morning planned. I'll be stacking firewood. We may get some snow tomorrow. (It's been lacking this winter in Montana). The routine is to load a wheelbarrow, push it around the side of the house, down the sidewalk, and lift it over two stairs. Now what would make that job more enjoyable, is to sit down after finishing and witness the Bengals beat the Chefs. Great Googly Moogly!!!
Reply/Quote
Chillin right here in my recliner. Doing one and all of several things at once; watching what the wife has on the TV, posting here on the Bengals MB while listening to Game Day Morning on my headset. 

Just ordered some beer and snacks from the grocery to be delived later. The kitchen is a mess so i'll probably straighten that up a bit later before getting a shower and then settling down around 1 waiting for the game to start. Completely relaxed and looking forward to a good game. 

Last night the wife said "we need to do something FUN during the game", so that will probably entail shots every time the Bengals score, or who knows, maybe shots every time anyone scores. Hope i'm still coherent by game's end. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:37 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I have such a joyous morning planned. I'll be stacking firewood. We may get some snow tomorrow. (It's been lacking this winter in Montana). The routine is to load a wheelbarrow, push it around the side of the house, down the sidewalk, and lift it over two stairs. Now what would make that job more enjoyable, is to sit down after finishing and witness the Bengals beat the Chefs. Great Googly Moogly!!!

MONTANA! Where men are men and women are sheep! LOL  I lived in Darby years back. That was the motto back then.. It's hard to imagine Montana without snow this time of year.. 

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:12 AM)samhain Wrote: 1. Walk the dog a couple of miles to tire him out before the game.

2. Take care of aquarium, tortoise and lizards.

3. Small grocery run (second day out of covid quarantine for me).

4. Clean, vacuum living room before the game, vacuum wife's car.

5. Leg workout in the garage, shower.

6. Put on the same stuff I wore last Saturday, hope I've burned off some anxiety.

7. Sit and stew until I see how things play out in KC.

can you help me build a plant aquarium that has no fish that i can kill accidentally?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Last night the wife said "we need to do something FUN during the game", so that will probably entail shots every time the Bengals score, or who knows, maybe shots every time anyone scores. Hope i'm still coherent by game's end. Big Grin

Last time I watched a game with a girlfriend we were making out all through the first half.  She asked me if I could show her how I could "go deep" at halftime.  So I took her out in the back yard and had her run a few post patterns. For some reason she did not hang around for the second half.

I'll be watching the game by myself today.  Doing the usual pre-game ritual of a pedicure and anal bleaching treatment.
Reply/Quote
Watching the Rolex 24 (my little brother works for one of the teams so I've been watching on and off since yesterday). Then I'll have a couple of hours before kickoff to finish the house chores and prep my wings for cooking. Trying to take a moment to be appreciative of where the team is and the buzz surrounding it.
Reply/Quote