Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Just A Game
Good thread, but I think I got it bad, I been hurt lately, and I can't shake it for nothing. In my free time I read up on what everyone is saying I have my own solutions. But the coach has all the power. We don't have much power all we can do is watch and accept the fate. So what can I do, to not be depressed, mad, sad about my team. I don't have any confidence marvin will get this turned around, it's just sad to Me ,and I see them having good players to get it done. I'm also in a good mood when we win but still I can't wait for the next game. I'm consumed with the Bengals. And it looks like we aren't going to have a good year. I can hear marvin saying we are close and we can fix it in my head, next Monday already.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I should pick up a 2nd team. Maybe the vikings,I can learn all the players and moves, I'll just follow zimmer, cause I've seen plenty of Bengal fans that followed the Bengals because of a player. Some say go root for another team if you don't like so and so. Hey I might get to see my team go to the superbowl if I jump on board their ship lol
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I went to the playoff game against the Chargers in 2013. It kind of dampened my emotional drive for the game a little bit. Still enjoy the Bengals, try to watch all the games, comment on the forum and all that, but I just don't get as worked up about them anymore.

I went to that game as well. Got so drunk off yeg, went in the womens bathroom and peed. Got kicked out and snuck back in. I actually got really emotional after that game, im sure the liquor played a big part. 

Its not about "its just a game." Its extremely frustrating when you have power houses as franchises (gb, pitt, NE) be good YEAR AFTER YEAR, and we cant get one lucky f-ing year. The Bengals have existed for almost 50 years and the guys upstairs have yet to figure it out. 

I saw Denver win a SB last year with NO qb. NONE.
The Patriots, no matter who is on the field, win year after year. Go deep in the playoffs pretty much every year.
The Steelers "rebuilding" years, they go 8-8! Our rebuilding years, we go 4-12.

We always have the personnel. We have always have talent/potential. I can't remember the last Bengals team that didnt have a talented roster. And we still have not got it done.

It is just a game, yes. But when you've invested alot of time and money into it, its extremely frustrating when you cant win the game. I am to the point to where I have invested so much time and money into this game, i am in too deep. So yeah i am going to get frustrated. And until they beat the game (win a sb) I wont be happy or satisfied 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:24 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I used to be one of those guys (not even that long ago, in fact since our last playoff loss) that would be in a TERRIBLE mood when the Bengals would lose.  I couldn't sleep, acted moody for a few days, stressed about how we played, etc. 

I've always been a huge fan.  I've bought the shirts, hats, jerseys, license plates, etc.  I've spent money on Sunday Ticket, and have been to a couple games.  I, along with I'm sure a lot of you, have invested a lot of time and money in this franchise. 

But recently, maybe it's me just getting older, I've stopped giving a shit.  Really, it makes my perspective on things so much better.  I have my own life to worry about.  Why be stressed about something that we as fans have no control over?  Don't get me wrong, I still root for our guys, but the loss' don't hurt as much.  I encourage all of you to do the same.  Don't worry about this silly game that has no effect on our lives.  Enjoy your own life.  And if we win, great.  If not, move on.  I can't stand a homer that has blinders on.  To me, there's a difference.  I'm just asking that before you go jumping off a cliff, take a little perspective and remind yourself:  its just a game.

WHO DEY
That's why we call you Captain Happy Pants!
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Zimmer, watching him and his Vikings win a SB would pale in comparison to the joy I'd get from seeing the Bengals do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As much as I like Zimmer, watching him and his Vikings win a SB would pale in comparison to the joy I'd get from seeing the Bengals do it.

I know,just trying to find a cure. Nothing compares to the Bengals for me. 
Reply/Quote
Man....I remember the Yuccaneers and the Aints.  To see them both win a SB before us is pretty pathetic.  That is very frustrating to me.

That said.....I too have put them on the back burner.  I come here and vent after a loss....and clown around with you guys...but aside from that it's business as usual.  Sometimes I even just stream the radio feed to my phone and go out with my two little girls....leaving it on as background noise in my pocket.  They're the most important thing to me.

2010 had me waning interest....2013 about put me over the edge....2015 was just the ambulance ride from the fall.  It just ain't worth it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: When I was dating the woman whom I ultimately married, I was very moody and irritable for days after a Bengals loss. She would joke that "Looks like I'm going to be living with bitter BengalFanInNJ this week" after a loss or "Looks like I'll be living with a happy BengalFanInNJ this week" after a win. She took the brunt of my anger for years. After a loss, she seemed to have more bruises than usual.

But now that I have gotten older and now have kids, it's a totally different outlook. As a father you appreciate more and become thankful for having them in your life. Now after a Bengals loss, it's the kids who have the bruises now.

I'll bet you get more BJs too. Since her jaw isn't as sore now.

Amirite?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It's 100% natural to want your team to win, and equally normal to be "down" if they don't. It's also normal to feel embarrassed when your team gets trounced like the Bengals did yesterday against Dallas. We're all "sore losers" at heart when it comes right down to it. You care about this team or else you wouldn't be on this fan-generated forum posting messages. I admit, I have had intense emotions about the Bengals in past years, probably beginning in 2005. I've nearly shed a tear after some heart-breaking losses. I've nearly shed happy tears when I've witnessed a comeback win at PBS. I guess after watching 5 straight empty playoff trips, I've become numb. I don't expect as much. I've come to a place where I expect the worst and hope for the best.

I watch a lot of other NFL teams and I know you guys do as well. Let's be honest; we can all see a difference in our team versus other teams. Can we not? The speed of the running backs. The way the OLine blocks or DLine rushes the passer. The excellent coverage of the secondary on our receivers, versus our horrible coverage on the opposing team's receivers. The lack of a return game, both receiving and kicking. The blank faces on the sidelines. Questionable play calls. I could go on and on. We lack enough talent and we lack enough good coaching. It's a "whole team" problem.

Let me put this into perspective. Have you ever worked in a place where you have a few great workers that try to keep everything running by shouldering a ton of responsibility.... most workers constantly complain and under-produce every day.... the morale is poor.... you're always behind on your production... What's the general cause of all this? Management. Either on a corporate level, or the local GM. To turn it around, you have to change the scenery. Bottom line, until the Bengals make some coaching changes and realize that it takes more than a decent QB, an all star WR, and a couple stud defensive players to get over the hump.... we are going to see the same end result year in and year out.

There's a very real reason the other NFL teams look better than the Bengals and it's not some mysterious anomaly.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:24 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I used to be one of those guys (not even that long ago, in fact since our last playoff loss) that would be in a TERRIBLE mood when the Bengals would lose.  I couldn't sleep, acted moody for a few days, stressed about how we played, etc. 

I've always been a huge fan.  I've bought the shirts, hats, jerseys, license plates, etc.  I've spent money on Sunday Ticket, and have been to a couple games.  I, along with I'm sure a lot of you, have invested a lot of time and money in this franchise. 

But recently, maybe it's me just getting older, I've stopped giving a shit.  Really, it makes my perspective on things so much better.  I have my own life to worry about.  Why be stressed about something that we as fans have no control over?  Don't get me wrong, I still root for our guys, but the loss' don't hurt as much.  I encourage all of you to do the same.  Don't worry about this silly game that has no effect on our lives.  Enjoy your own life.  And if we win, great.  If not, move on.  I can't stand a homer that has blinders on.  To me, there's a difference.  I'm just asking that before you go jumping off a cliff, take a little perspective and remind yourself:  its just a game.

WHO DEY
Apathy could save me a lot of money on booze
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 06:30 PM)Beaker Wrote: Its amazing how little relevance NFL football has in the grand scheme of life. Its also amazing how much relevance some people give it.

Or sports in general. Sports are intended to provide entertainment, that's it. If it's not entertaining to someone, that person doesn't have to watch it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yeah, it's just a game. Losses never phase me one bit...

[Image: supernatural-dean-crying-gif-16539.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, it's just a game. Losses never phase me one bit...

[Image: supernatural-dean-crying-gif-16539.gif]

Yeah......games don't bother me at all.

*I'm so glad my college team is successful*
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:21 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yeah......games don't bother me at all.

*I'm so glad my college team is successful*

LOL.....me too.  A "down year" is a couple or 3 losses and no BCS Bowl....but a major non BCS game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote