Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's NOT over....(with a tip of the hat to John Belushi)
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no! And it isn't over now....

Every team in the AFC North lost yesterday. The Ravens looked pathetic, and the Jags (unlike a certain golf-clapping coach who shall remain nameless) kept their foot on the gas destroyed them. That showed what I always say about the Ratbirds: paper thin talent-wise, "the wizard" is the most overrated exec in the NFL.

The Bengals are two games behind the target (shittsburgh), and will beat them twice.

Here's why: We saw it yesterday. We saw what Dalton can do when protected. We saw what Mixon can do with a gap and he was finally getting in to a grove (right before he slipped). Sure, the offensive line wasn't good, but it was good enough. And although after missing two games many have decided he is the biggest bust in franchise history, Ross is going to get in the game plan and he is going to help. What I am most encouraged by, though, is Mixon. With him pounding teams, it will open up a lot of options.

Here is the biggest reason why: Burfict. He's back. I don't give two shyts about how the league is just waiting to suspend him again. He is the leader this team needs. I wish we had someone like him on offense. Regardless, with the newfound pass rushers, WJIII and Dennard looking good, and Burfict returning, this team will not give up more than 20 points again this season.

The are going to pound the Browns and Bills, and be 2-3 going in to the bye. Then, they are going to beat pissburgh off the bye, knocking them to 4-3 (they will beat the rats and jags, but not KC in KC) and the Bengals will be 3-3 with ten games to go and just one half game back.

It is going to happen. This is STILL our year.

You can keep the "I will have some of what he's smoking" jokes...I am not trying to be humerous. I'm dead serious. The real Bengals are coming. And the MFing league won't know what hit them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope you're right.

On the optimistic side - We definately showed signs of life on offense.

On the pessimistic side - We had a new OC that usually gets you a bounce in production for a couple weeks. Also, their best DT and best LB Pass Rusher was out. Their #2 WR was out.

Also from 0-3...we'd likely have to finish the season 9-4 to make the playoffs. For the Steelers to get to 9 wins, they have to finish 7-6.

I don't really see a 9-4 finish in us.
Reply/Quote
I do think we will be better as the year goes on, and I'm happy that we got a bye week in 3 weeks. We need the early bye to help with the OC change. Lazor looked a lot better than Zamp, and when Burfict is back our defense will be a decent amount better. Honestly, if we played like we did against GB in the first 2 games we probably would be 2-1 right now. I don't think we will catch Pittsburgh, or go to the playoffs. We pretty much would have to win 10 out of the last 13 games. We still have to play the Steelers twice, Broncos, Titans, Vikings, and Lions; all of which I believe could go either way.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I do think we will be better as the year goes on, and I'm happy that we got a bye week in 3 weeks. We need the early bye to help with the OC change. Lazor looked a lot better than Zamp, and when Burfict is back our defense will be a decent amount better. Honestly, if we played like we did against GB in the first 2 games we probably would be 2-1 right now. I don't think we will catch Pittsburgh, or go to the playoffs. We pretty much would have to win 10 out of the last 13 games. We still have to play the Steelers twice, Broncos, Titans, Vikings, and Lions; all of which I believe could go either way.

This is a tough year. We're not going to win the Super Bowl or a playoff game...so we likely need to focus on developing guys. A Top 5 pick would sorely help us too.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!  And it isn't over now....

Every team in the AFC North lost yesterday.  The Ravens looked pathetic, and the Jags (unlike a certain golf-clapping coach who shall remain nameless) kept their foot on the gas destroyed them.  That showed what I always say about the Ratbirds:  paper thin talent-wise, "the wizard" is the most overrated exec in the NFL.

The Bengals are two games behind the target (shittsburgh), and will beat them twice.

Here's why:  We saw it yesterday.  We saw what Dalton can do when protected.  We saw what Mixon can do with a gap and he was finally getting in to a grove (right before he slipped).  Sure, the offensive line wasn't good, but it was good enough.  And although after missing two games many have decided he is the biggest bust in franchise history, Ross is going to get in the game plan and he is going to help.  What I am most encouraged by, though, is Mixon.  With him pounding teams, it will open up a lot of options.  

Here is the biggest reason why:  Burfict.  He's back.  I don't give two shyts about how the league is just waiting to suspend him again.  He is the leader this team needs.  I wish we had someone like him on offense.  Regardless, with the newfound pass rushers, WJIII and Dennard looking good, and Burfict returning, this team will not give up more than 20 points again this season.  

The are going to pound the Browns and Bills, and be 2-3 going in to the bye.  Then, they are going to beat pissburgh off the bye, knocking them to 4-3 (they will beat the rats and jags, but not KC in KC) and the Bengals will be 3-3 with ten games to go and just one half game back.  

It is going to happen.  This is STILL our year.  

You can keep the "I will have some of what he's smoking" jokes...I am not trying to be humerous.  I'm dead serious.  The real Bengals are coming.  And the MFing league won't know what hit them.

My optimism left with Whitworth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!  And it isn't over now....

Every team in the AFC North lost yesterday.  The Ravens looked pathetic, and the Jags (unlike a certain golf-clapping coach who shall remain nameless) kept their foot on the gas destroyed them.  That showed what I always say about the Ratbirds:  paper thin talent-wise, "the wizard" is the most overrated exec in the NFL.

Here's why:  We saw it yesterday.  We saw what Dalton can do when protected.  We saw what Mixon can do with a gap and he was finally getting in to a grove (right before he slipped).  Sure, the offensive line wasn't good, but it was good enough.  And although after missing two games many have decided he is the biggest bust in franchise history, Ross is going to get in the game plan and he is going to help.  What I am most encouraged by, though, is Mixon.  With him pounding teams, it will open up a lot of options.  

Here is the biggest reason why:  Burfict.  He's back.  I don't give two shyts about how the league is just waiting to suspend him again.  He is the leader this team needs.  I wish we had someone like him on offense.  Regardless, with the newfound pass rushers, WJIII and Dennard looking good, and Burfict returning, this team will not give up more than 20 points again this season.  

The are going to pound the Browns and Bills, and be 2-3 going in to the bye.  Then, they are going to beat pissburgh off the bye, knocking them to 4-3 (they will beat the rats and jags, but not KC in KC) and the Bengals will be 3-3 with ten games to go and just one half game back.  

You can keep the "I will have some of what he's smoking" jokes...I am not trying to be humerous.  I'm dead serious.  The real Bengals are coming.  And the MFing league won't know what hit them.

We secretly replaced his coffee with Folgers instant coffee and slipped in some of my secret conspiracy theory juice when he wasn't looking.. See above post for the results! lol 

Admit it SHR, That was a GREAT cup of coffee, wasn't it?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This team will live or die with Daltons decision making
He still has yet to put together 4 q. Of solid football together
If can spread the ball around and get the safeties to loosen
I can see this offense being able to put up 21 24 a game
Their isnt one juggernaunt team I see the Bengals playing other than the Titans who are scary on offense
But defense has stop having meltdowns in the secondary
Anything is possible maybe a win over the Browns will Jumpstart things
Reply/Quote
We're entering a rebuild. It's time that we recognize that.
Reply/Quote
Lets just beat the Browns, eh?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:59 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Lets just beat the Browns, eh?

A win against the Browns will spiral the homers into delusions of an 11-5 season!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:59 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Lets just beat the Browns, eh?

Good point.  Now to see how we fare against rookie QBs.....
Reply/Quote

Will absolutely not beat Shitsburgh.  And Jax looks like a loss.  They pounded the team who shut out the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My optimism left with Whitworth.

My optimism is gone until Lewis is.
Reply/Quote

Would like to see it ! Jackson has looked really good to me and Lawson too. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The scary thing is we've yet to actually play a healthy team.
Reply/Quote
8-8 may well get a team in the playoffs this year. The season isn't over. Get one this coming Sunday, and go from there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I appreciate your optimism, because I can't do it anymore. Good luck remaining optimistic while this team continues to underperform.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I do think we will be better as the year goes on, and I'm happy that we got a bye week in 3 weeks. We need the early bye to help with the OC change. Lazor looked a lot better than Zamp, and when Burfict is back our defense will be a decent amount better. Honestly, if we played like we did against GB in the first 2 games we probably would be 2-1 right now. I don't think we will catch Pittsburgh, or go to the playoffs. We pretty much would have to win 10 out of the last 13 games. We still have to play the Steelers twice, Broncos, Titans, Vikings, and Lions; all of which I believe could go either way.

The way I see it you just have not been beaten down enough yet,you probably are not even a season ticket holder,please I beg you start taking your meds again,i care about you,however I always welcome a positive position on things.i use to be that way.what I see is a lack of professional coaching from the top down,with the talent on this teamoutside of the offensive line,we should be 3 and 0.coaching is a main problem and andy Dalton is the other.if I can sit in my big chair in front of the wide screen and call the next play,i mean come one people,until folks quit going down to pbs and stay home,NOTHING will ever change, no accountability.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Completely agree with that ..rep
Reply/Quote