Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's NOT over....(with a tip of the hat to John Belushi)
(09-27-2017, 07:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I will be as optimistic as possible, but on a game by game basis. I was excited about the results last week. We showed up to play and that was refreshing compared to the first 2.

True and with Burfict coming back the Defense should be much better. The more snaps Billings gets the more he should
improve. Same with Minter in this new system. WJ3 and Dennard the same. This Defense could be great as the year goes
on, cannot state this enough. Especially if the Offense can give our Defense a lead with Lawson, Dunlap, Geno and Willis.

The Offense will improve under Lazor, i saw this the last game. I expected us to be better but was really impressed with
Lazor in his first week. I predicted the Pack to win in their place. Rodgers wanted it too much, the only team he never
beat, never won in overtime etc.

Marv just needs to let his Coordinators do their thing, specifically the new guy. Get out of his ear the 2nd half.

He is not an Offensive coach, leave that to the Offensive coach for heck sake.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True and with Burfict coming back the Defense should be much better. The more snaps Billings gets the more he should
improve. Same with Minter in this new system. WJ3 and Dennard the same. This Defense could be great as the year goes
on, cannot state this enough. Especially if the Offense can give our Defense a lead with Lawson, Dunlap, Geno and Willis.

The Offense will improve under Lazor, i saw this the last game. I expected us to be better but was really impressed with
Lazor in his first week. I predicted the Pack to win in their place. Rodgers wanted it too much, the only team he never
beat, never won in overtime etc.

Marv just needs to let his Coordinators do their thing, specifically the new guy. Get out of his ear the 2nd half.

He is not an Offensive coach, leave that to the Offensive coach for heck sake.

Exactly.  The most simple phrase I can think to offer is that when you play not to lose, you lose.  Throw some f'n punches.  Take shots.  Attack.  Don't play scared, play with an attitude that you are going to shove it up your opponent's ass (be sure to wash after doing that to the steelers) and this team will soar.  The defense can win a Championship.  If the offense ever finds its stride (which would likely call for the benching of Ced and Bodine) they can still make a run at it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 06:25 PM)sonofstat Wrote: ahh, ok..not seen that so missed the reference

You should.  It's an conic American film.  Many movies were made in the late '70s and throughout the '80s that tried unsuccessfully to emulate it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I don't know...we're finding new and creative ways to lose. My confidence level at making the playoffs is at about a 2. Need some kind of spark, maybe Burfict coming back can provide it? I thought maybe a win at Lambeau could've done it but down 0-3 is real nut breaker. I'm sure the mood in the building isn't peachy keen and thinking about the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 09:55 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I don't know...we're finding new and creative ways to lose.  My confidence level at making the playoffs is at about a 2.  Need some kind of spark, maybe Burfict coming back can provide it?  I thought maybe a win at Lambeau could've done it but down 0-3 is real nut breaker.  I'm sure the mood in the building isn't peachy keen and thinking about the playoffs.

Perhaps not...and you are correct that Burfict will provide a spark, but I can't help but wonder without Eifert, where the spark will come on offense?   It sure as hell won't be Lafell.  Maybe Core, who we heard so much of in the spring, gets more snaps?  Maybe Uzomah picks up where he left off before getting injured a year ago.  Hewitt?  Seems to catch everything thrown to him...no matter how infrequently.

I will bet Mixon is due to go off soon.  Hopefully against pitt, and the offense rallies around a tougher rushing attack.  I think we are missing the boat not having Gio with him in the backfield.  He could chip an end, and then slide out as an outlet or line up in the slot.  See the Lions and how they use Theo Riddick out of the backfield.  

Either way, the offense will be the one challenged to score 24 each game (or more) but I don't think the defense (if it stays healthy) will give up more than 20 again.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  The most simple phrase I can think to offer is that when you play not to lose, you lose.  Throw some f'n punches.  Take shots.  Attack.  Don't play scared, play with an attitude that you are going to shove it up your opponent's ass (be sure to wash after doing that to the steelers) and this team will soar.  The defense can win a Championship.  If the offense ever finds its stride (which would likely call for the benching of Ced and Bodine) they can still make a run at it.  

That is the problem with Marv, he doesn't push aggressivenes at all in the 2nd half.

This needs to change and like you said, might need to bench those two guys on the OL.

If Marv just stays out of Lazor's ear we might make a run yah never know.

(09-28-2017, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Perhaps not...and you are correct that Burfict will provide a spark, but I can't help but wonder without Eifert, where the spark will come on offense?   It sure as hell won't be Lafell.  Maybe Core, who we heard so much of in the spring, gets more snaps?  Maybe Uzomah picks up where he left off before getting injured a year ago.  Hewitt?  Seems to catch everything thrown to him...no matter how infrequently.

I will bet Mixon is due to go off soon.  Hopefully against pitt, and the offense rallies around a tougher rushing attack.  I think we are missing the boat not having Gio with him in the backfield.  He could chip an end, and then slide out as an outlet or line up in the slot.  See the Lions and how they use Theo Riddick out of the backfield.  

Either way, the offense will be the one challenged to score 24 each game (or more) but I don't think the defense (if it stays healthy) will give up more than 20 again.  

I really like the thought of having both Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time if Eifert is not playing.

Mixon can play WR and is tough to bring down after the catch, both him and Gio have that go all the way at anytime talent.

Both can pick up the blitz and we are less predictable with these guys playing.

I truly think this is the way to go if Eifert cannot play or is not the same again.

I like Kroft and Hewitt but someone has to sit if we do this though.
Reply/Quote
I had to bounce this thread back in to action:

The Saints, my NFC representative for the Super Bowl in my preseason predictions (against the Bengals) have suddenly found a bit of a defense and are starting to look like they might be on the mend after an 0-2 start.

Can the Bengals follow suit and get their offense to match their awesome defense?

Here's to hoping the climb back to contention starts today!
Reply/Quote