Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Steeler's week....yipee
The following are from the Dalton era but this is just crazy. How can an owner sit back and watch this team get owned by the Steelers over and over. I would say a division rival but its not. At least not in the eyes of Pitt fans. You have to put up a fight and win as much as lose to have a rivalry. We are nothing more than an inconvenience to them. Although the 44-1-2 record is absolutely amazing, this team has to be built to win this division. This off season is the perfect chance to start building a team to dominate our division. Not sure I would even go QB this year, just work on building the trenches to establish a run game to ease the pressure when we do select a QB.

The magic number: 25

Can the Bengals score at least 25 points vs the Steelers on Sunday?

Since 2011, the rookie season of Dalton and Green:

Bengals are 44-1-2 record (.957) when scoring 25 or more points.

Bengals are 25-45-0 (.357) when failing to score 25 points.

Blackjack

The Bengals have averaged 17.0 points in 14 meetings vs Steelers with Andy Dalton at QB.

The Bengals have not scored more than 21 points in those 14 meetings.

Points vs Steelers: 17, 7, 17, 13, 20, 20, 21, 17, 16, 20, 16, 20, 14,

In fact, overall, the Bengals have failed to top 21 points vs the Steelers over their last 18 meetings dating back to September 27, 2009 (23-20 win) and have topped 21 points twice in the last 25 meetings dating back to September 24, 2006 (28-20 win).

Dalton wins vs Steelers:

13-10, December 23, 2012 at Heinz

20-10, September 26, 2013 at PBS

16-10, November 1, 2015 at Heinz

Dalton vs Steelers

3-11 record, 58.2 completion, 209.4 yards, 17 TD, 13 INT, 77.2 rating, 26 sacks

AJ Green vs Steelers:

13 games, 81 catches (6.2 per game), 1093 yards (84.1 per game), 8 TD
Reply/Quote
Mods I must have hit the exclamation point by accident. Sorry.
Reply/Quote
The Stoolers dominate us at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. They harass our offense and run it down our throats all day.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:48 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The Stoolers dominate us at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. They harass our offense and run it down our throats all day.

Very True. We have to finally fix the lines and punch them in the mouth for a change.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing it will be worse than the first thrashing they gave us. Anyone got the over/under on the sack total this time around?

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:52 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Very True. We have to finally fix the lines and punch them in the mouth for a change.

Absolutely. We could compete with them when our defense was as good as theirs....but recently, they've gouged us with the likes of Trousant (sp?) and a washed up De'Angelo Williams. Hard to win when their offense stays on the field running the ball.

Reply/Quote
25 pts? Bengals can't score 9 pts. PB wil win. CLE will crush us.
Reply/Quote
Please sweet baby jesus, grant me this one wish. If the Bengals are only to win 2 games this entire season, please let it be this one, and one of the Cleveland games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
at this point is it even worth winning
Reply/Quote
The only thing this team is going to beat are themselves and their battered wife syndrome fans.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 11:32 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bengals will probably lose again. The Steelers always find a way to win. And the Bengals always find a way to lose. That's the truth.

The level of domination the Steelers had over the Bengals in the Marvin Lewis era defies logic. The Steelers were a better team than the Bengals most of the time, but not by that much. 

(winning teams = teams that finished with winning record)

First of all most people don't realize that during the Marvin Era only 5 teams (Phi, Ind, Den, Pitt, NE) had more wins against winning teams than the Bengals 42, but look at the breakdown of the Bengals and Steelers wins.

Bengals had 38 wins against winning teams other than Steelers.
Steelers had 38 wins against winning teams other than Bengals.

Bengals had 4 wins against Steelers when they finished with a winning record.
Steelers had 19 wins against Bengals when they finished with a winning record. 

ONE THIRD of all of the Steelers wins against winning teams came against just one team, the Bengals.  They were not that much better than us, but they absolutely owned us.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The level of domination the Steelers had over the Bengals in the Marvin Lewis era defies logic. The Steelers were a better team than the Bengals most of the time, but not by that much. 

(winning teams = teams that finished with winning record)

First of all most people don't realize that during the Marvin Era only 5 teams (Phi, Ind, Den, Pitt, NE) had more wins against winning teams than the Bengals 42, but look at the breakdown of the Bengals and Steelers wins.

Bengals had 38 wins against winning teams other than Steelers.
Steelers had 38 wins against winning teams other than Bengals.

Bengals had 4 wins against Steelers when they finished with a winning record.
Steelers had 19 wins against Bengals when they finished with a winning record. 

ONE THIRD of all of the Steelers wins against winning teams came against just one team, the Bengals.  They were not that much better than us, but they absolutely owned us.

TY Fred, great factual post. I knew they were owned by them, had no idea it was so 1 sided against our winning teams, but makes sense now that you point it out.

If we can't beat them, maybe we can have Finley try and rip off the helmet of Heyward or Dupree causing them to go full throttle rage and retaliate. I saw that once, I think a QB got bashed over the head with his own helmet.  Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I will let you know if the Bengals are going to win on Sunday morning. By then, I will have made my decision to go "all-in" with my betting account money on the Steelers to win. If I do that, the Bengals will win.
Reply/Quote
Thirty-some posts into this thread and no one has suggested the Steelers will be looking past us to the Browns? "Trap game" and "Any given Sunday" are usually reasons one and two as to why people think we'll win. This has really become a pessimistic (realistic?) bunch.

Can't wait for that Browns/Steelers rematch. Mayfield will be eating his meals through a straw after that one. Hopefully.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Thirty-some posts into this thread and no one has suggested the Steelers will be looking past us to the Browns?  "Trap game" and "Any given Sunday" are usually reasons one and two as to why people think we'll win.  This has really become a pessimistic (realistic?) bunch.  

Can't wait for that Browns/Steelers rematch.  Mayfield will be eating his meals through a straw after that one.  Hopefully.

The old trap game, yep a trap game as I think Browns and Steelers Round 2 is following week.

Steelers look to have no Smith Schuster, no Johnson, no Connor, no Pouncey at a minimum. They just scored 7 points last game, they are ripe to lose is Rudolph plays as he did against the Browns with 4 picks and a fumble.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Their offense could be decimated for this game. No JuJu, No Connor, No Johnson, No Pouncey. If there was ever a game to win, this has got to be it. I'd try to win an ugly 10-9 game, put 8 in the box and make Mason Rudolph beat you throwing to backup level receivers.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm guessing it will be worse than the first thrashing they gave us. Anyone got the over/under on the sack total this time around?

A bunch, unless

Only chance we have to win this game is to be able to run the ball with regular success. And get an early lead

(11-18-2019, 05:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Please sweet baby jesus, grant me this one wish.  If the Bengals are only to win 2 games this entire season, please let it be this one, and one of the Cleveland games.

Yes please
Reply/Quote
I'm sure this guy is VERY HAPPY living on his roof away from his wife and his work. Wouldn't you?

[Image: VHYQQNGTMBHXDHIG632ZMI5E74.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 10:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Zac beats the Steeler's and he becomes an instant hero with many fans. Steelers are banged up too, only scored 7 points against the Browns so maybe this is Zac's and Ryan's 1st win.

Since the MB era, the Steelers have owned the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/teamvsteam?opp=7

Bottom line is:

Paul Brown Era (1970-1990)

Bengals - 21 wins
Steelers - 20 wins

Mike Brown Era (1991-Present)

Bengals - 15 wins
Steelers - 44 wins

OVERALL - Steelers - 65 wins - Bengals - 35 wins
Reply/Quote