Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Supposed To Rain- Who Benefits?
It's been raining for a few hours here and is supposed to be off-and-on all day tomorrow with a 30% chance at game time and pretty much throughout the weather, but, here in Greater Cincinnati, you might as well call it 100% with a chance of hurricane.

If it does rain hard and storm like it's supposed to, who does it benefit?

I think a big part comes down to our tight end and running back offense and defense because throws to the tight ends are a lot easier in the rain and the teams will obviously want to keep it on the ground.

Luckily, while neither team is great at rushing the ball (we're 27th and they're 25th), we are a bit better defending the run (we're 18th and they're 31st), and Hill looks like he's returning to form.

We've also given up 119 less yards to tight ends, but 2 more touchdowns, so do we have the benefit there?

It should be between 55 and 60 degrees, but, with how it's felt around here the past few days, I expect it to be a lot colder or at least feel a lot colder.

Being that Miami has amazing weather, I think we're at an advantage here.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Bengals already have one rain game in the books, (at Pitt) so I would think that they should be able to handle the weather in stride.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No benefit either way, its a short week and we are at home, no reason to lose this game!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Well we have the fifth highest number of rush attempts against our defense and are 19th in average rush yards per game allowed. The Dolphins have the 2nd highest number of rush attempts against them and are 31st in average rush yards allowed per game. Considering we are also getting back Burfict, I'd say rain is significantly more advantageous for us.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/defensive-stats
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 06:40 PM)treee Wrote: Well we have the fifth highest number of rush attempts against our defense and are 19th in average rush yards per game allowed. The Dolphins have the 2nd highest number of rush attempts against them and are 31st in average rush yards allowed per game. Considering we are also getting back Burfict, I'd say rain is significantly more advantageous for us.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/defensive-stats

I see Burfict returning more as an emotional lift to the rest of the defense, rather than the Bengals are getting an atomic bomb back in action.  The guy had surgery, hasn't played even a preseason down, and will most definitely take several weeks to shake the rust off.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Outside of cold weather teams vs warm weather teams, I see how rain gives either team an advantage or disadvantage over the other one.
Reply/Quote
Just look at the RB's both teams have. Advantage Bengals
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see Burfict returning more as an emotional lift to the rest of the defense, rather than the Bengals are getting an atomic bomb back in action.  The guy had surgery, hasn't played even a preseason down, and will most definitely take several weeks to shake the rust off.

I dunno man.....he didn't have much rust to shake last season after surgery and not playing for about a year.....that dude's just a beast ! Flies all over the football field with a nose for the ball.  I certainly agree about the emotional lift.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The guy selling ponchos?

Primetime game, rain pouring, flashbacks to the Steeler game back in January. Ugh. Just hope Hill can squeeze the life out of that pig.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I don't think it will rain during the game tomorrow. Maybe in the afternoon. Dalton and Green have a good night.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
As long as it's a Patriots type game at PBS...  remember when...

[Image: USP-NFL_-New-England-Patriots-at-Cincinn...al_001.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: As long as it's a Patriots type game at PBS...  remember when...

Oh yes, the dear lord baby Jesus came down from the heavens and blessed the Bengals for 1 day and it was glorious praise baby Jesus.

Reply/Quote
Not even a question that the Dolphins benefit.

The Bengals can't catch even when it's dry. Last time they played in the rain, the Bengals had 8 drops.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tigers smell when they get wet. Dolphins like the water and become slippery. Advantage goes to the Dolphins. They win in a close battle. Dolphins 14, Bengals 10. LOL!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:56 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Tigers smell when they get wet.  Dolphins like the water and become slippery.  Advantage goes to the Dolphins.  They win in a close battle.  Dolphins 14, Bengals 10.  LOL!

[Image: 55537598.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: As long as it's a Patriots type game at PBS...  remember when...

That was the only time I've ever been to PBS (I live in PA).  I recall watching that with my now ex gf who was wearing a Patriots hoodie and was soaked and miserable.  Ha, shame she didn't get pneumonia.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:56 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Tigers smell when they get wet.  Dolphins like the water and become slippery.  Advantage goes to the Dolphins.  They win in a close battle.  Dolphins 14, Bengals 10.  LOL!

Lol. Tigers eat their prey. Wait - Spent 3 minutes trying to say something lame about Dolphins but couldn't. They are smart, laugh a lot and help people. Let's just throw this game. Dolphins are so nice.  I grew up watching flipper. 1-3 ain't that bad?  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lol. Tigers eat their prey. Wait - Spent 3 minutes trying to say something lame about Dolphins but couldn't. They are smart, laugh a lot and help people. Let's just throw this game. Dolphins are so nice.  I grew up watching flipper. 1-3 ain't that bad?  Smirk

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

"Crikey, you just gotta cram a thumb in the ol' blowhole mate! "

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mfc9ecaf63c773b6af70f3c721767e...=239&h=162]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 09:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Crikey, you just gotta cram a thumb in the ol' blowhole mate! "

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mfc9ecaf63c773b6af70f3c721767e...=239&h=162]

Hmm. That might work.  Dolphins have to breathe, so If the Bengals stick their middle finger in their blow hole then they'll be out of breath.  I wonder which Bengal on the O-Line will use their finger on Suh?  Changing my mind on the Game.  Bengals 24  Dolphins 10.  
Reply/Quote