Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ?
The offensive line of course. IF (and a big if if I might add) they play lights out I'll feel better. If they stink up the place then well....you know. 
Either way it's really not going to change my life significantly. I'll either be pleased or disappointed but I won't go bankrupt or end up homeless over it nor will I become an overnight multi-millionaire .
Pass protection is going to be real important Friday because if they can't do that all of the so called weapons won't amount to a hill of Hills ..if they can't pass protect we could have a 2000 yard rusher and lose a buttload of games.. What would be the best of both worlds is great pass protection and a 2000 yard rusher.. I might even consider peeing myself then.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 06:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: The offensive line of course. IF (and a big if if I might add) they play lights out I'll feel better. If they stink up the place then well....you know. 
Either way it's really not going to change my life significantly. I'll either be pleased or disappointed but I won't go bankrupt or end up homeless over it nor will I become an overnight multi-millionaire .
Pass protection is going to be real important Friday because if they can't do that all of the so called weapons won't amount to a hill of Hills ..if they can't pass protect we could have a 2000 yard rusher and lose a buttload of games.. What would be the best of both worlds is great pass protection and a 2000 yard rusher.. I might even consider peeing myself then.  

If they can't pass protect then they won't be able to run block either, plus Defenses will go into the box to stuff the run. Teams that can't block don't have 2,000 yards rushers either. NFL Defenses are too good....Some fans over the years have the idea that IF you draft a good running back, it makes your offensive line look better and opens up your passing. ....Such was the case in Bengals not drafting a Top Offensive Lineman when their Offense Line was just AWFUL, and they took Ki-Jana Carter with first pick in the entire draft.  He got blown up and destroyed very early in preseason due to no blocking and 3 Lions clobbered him as he was still taking the hand-off. He never ever played healthy in a regular season game for Bengals thanks to that play.  .....He is a perfect example that if your Offensive Line stinks, drafting a runner still leaves you with an Offensive Line that stinks. ......Dalton, McCarron, Hill, Bernard, Mixon will all get BLOWN UP and DESTROYED if this team can NOT BLOCK, because the NFL Defenses are too big and quick and too good and if you have no Blocking, not only do you lose, but players get injured bad. .....As for WR and TE, they might as well not be on the team with no blocking time to get the ball to them. 

I watched as Defenses beat Bengals into the ground on the snap of the ball in most of the 1990's and early 2000's and even 2007 and 2008 and a little bit in 2015. I saw Klingler getting clobbered as soon as the ball was snapped, yet fans complaining about Klingler. I saw Jeff Blake and Akili Smith get destroyed as soon as the ball was snapped. In 2008, I saw Carson Palmer get destroyed with no blocking and if not for modern medical surgery would never have played again. That same year I saw Fitzgerald forced to run for his life on every snap as Defenses just poured across the line on the snap of the ball. In these awful blocking years, the runners and pass catchers did not have a chance to do much either. .....So please people, If we have NO BLOCKING this year, do not spend the season putting the blame on Dalton, Green, Hill, Bernard, Mixon or the rest, because with no blocking these guys don't have a chance against NFL Defenses. How well I know from all the many, many bad Bengals Offensive Lines I have seen, the worst being in 1990's to early 2000's, but the 2007 and 2008 Offensive Line was awful also. If our 2017 Offensive Line looks anything like them, defenses will just destroy our Bengals. It also forces the Defense to be on the field most of the game, and the best Defense EVER will suffer from fatigue if on the field all game, every game. ...Again, if the Offensive Line can not block, do not blame the defense for getting tired and breaking down if on the field all game. Another mistake I heard fans make in 1990's and 2008.

I expect the Bengals to look rough in blocking in this game. I do not expect miracles over night. I'm just hoping the Offensive Line can come together and improve a little each week this season. That they progress, not regress. There are around 17 Offensive Linemen in camp. I suggest the Bengals take a good hard look at every one of them in Preseason Game One in HOPES that out of 17 they can find 5 that can BLOCK.....I'm not expecting the great blocking of the 1980's Bengals....I am hoping for a 2012 year when due to injuries the Bengals Offensive Line was doomed in Preseason,and a 4 win Season looked very possible. BUT THE TEAM NEVER QUIT. They picked up and added players. 3rd Stringers stepped up. Yes, They started 3-5...but the Blocking came together and they finished 7-1 to make Play-Offs. .....That IS WHAT I EXPECT in 2017, NO QUIT. ...Keep At It, and The Blocking Improve A Little Each Week. ...They are considered the worst offensive line in the NFL as of today in August...That does NOT mean they can not improve...When you are at the bottom, the only road is up. ...Be like 2007, and improve the blocking a little each week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 12:33 PM)kevin Wrote: If they can't pass protect then they won't be able to run block either, plus Defenses will go into the box to stuff the run. Teams that can't block don't have 2,000 yards rushers either. NFL Defenses are too good....Some fans over the years have the idea that IF you draft a good running back, it makes your offensive line look better and opens up your passing. ....Such was the case in Bengals not drafting a Top Offensive Lineman when their Offense Line was just AWFUL, and they took Ki-Jana Carter with first pick in the entire draft.  He got blown up and destroyed very early in preseason due to no blocking and 3 Lions clobbered him as he was still taking the hand-off. He never ever played healthy in a regular season game for Bengals thanks to that play.  .....He is a perfect example that if your Offensive Line stinks, drafting a runner still leaves you with an Offensive Line that stinks. ......Dalton, McCarron, Hill, Bernard, Mixon will all get BLOWN UP and DESTROYED if this team can NOT BLOCK, because the NFL Defenses are too big and quick and too good and if you have no Blocking, not only do you lose, but players get injured bad. .....As for WR and TE, they might as well not be on the team with no blocking time to get the ball to them. 

I watched as Defenses beat Bengals into the ground on the snap of the ball in most of the 1990's and early 2000's and even 2007 and 2008 and a little bit in 2015.  I saw Klingler getting clobbered as soon as the ball was snapped, yet fans complaining about Klingler.  I saw Jeff Blake and Akili Smith get destroyed as soon as the ball was snapped. In 2008, I saw Carson Palmer get destroyed with no blocking and if not for modern medical surgery would never have played again. That same year I saw  Fitzgerald forced to run for his life on every snap as Defenses just poured across the line on the snap of the ball.  In these awful blocking years, the runners and pass catchers did not have a chance to do much either. .....So please people, If we have NO BLOCKING this year, do not spend the season putting the blame on Dalton, Green, Hill, Bernard, Mixon or the rest, because with no blocking these guys don't have a chance against NFL Defenses.  How well I know from all the many, many bad Bengals Offensive Lines I have seen, the worst being in 1990's to early 2000's, but the 2007 and 2008 Offensive Line was awful also.  If our 2017 Offensive Line looks anything like them, defenses will just destroy our Bengals.  It also forces the Defense to be on the field most of the game, and the best Defense EVER will suffer from fatigue if on the field all game, every game. ...Again, if the Offensive Line can not block, do not blame the defense for getting tired and breaking down if on the field all game. Another mistake I heard fans make in 1990's and 2008.

I expect the Bengals to look rough in blocking in this game.  I do not expect miracles over night.  I'm just hoping the Offensive Line can come together and improve a little each week this season. That they progress, not regress.  There are around 17 Offensive Linemen in camp.  I suggest the Bengals take a good hard look at every one of them in Preseason Game One in HOPES that out of 17 they can find 5 that can BLOCK.....I'm not expecting the great blocking of the 1980's Bengals....I am hoping for a 2012 year when due to injuries the Bengals Offensive Line was doomed in Preseason,and a 4 win Season looked very possible.   BUT THE TEAM NEVER QUIT.  They picked up and added players. 3rd Stringers stepped up.  Yes, They started 3-5...but the Blocking came together and they finished 7-1 to make Play-Offs. .....That IS WHAT I EXPECT in 2017, NO QUIT. ...Keep At It, and The Blocking Improve A Little Each Week. ...They are considered the worst offensive line in the NFL as of today in August...That does NOT mean they can not improve...When you are at the bottom, the only road is up. ...Be like 2007, and improve the blocking a little each week.

I'm not the thread police, but if i could just ask one thing...

Could you proof read your posts and when you see yourself repeating the same thing several times in the same post...it would be easier to--and make me more willing to--read. I don't like to gloss over anyone's posts. I like to see what everyone contributes but you have this habit of writing novels where about 50% is stuff you're repeating. I don't want to be an asshole and type tl;dr, so i'd personally appreciate it if you would try and condense some of your posts. It just makes it easier to have a dialogue. 

Or you could just ignore me and keep doing what you do. It's your username, holmes. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
No injuries of course

But after that I'm really anxious to see how this patchwork O-line is doing, above all else ! I'm not really to concerned with everything else.
Reply/Quote
I want to see Cedric Ogbuehi get a 15 yarder for knocking snot bubbles from some DE's nostrils.....Jake Fischer pancaking someone....and Bodine looking like a poor man's Richie Braham.  If we see that, we are in for a promising year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: I want to see Cedric Ogbuehi get a 15 yarder for knocking snot bubbles from some DE's nostrils.....Jake Fischer pancaking someone....and Bodine looking like a poor man's Richie Braham.  If we see that, we are in for a promising year.

That's my biggest problem/concern with Ogbuehi ! It's not size, length, speed, footwork, strength, technique, etc. !!

On way to many plays last season he flat out quit 1 second and a 1/2 into the play. He might as well have threw his hands up and screamed %$ck it.

He doesn't seem to show any passion for the game, and there is no mean streak - period. Let's see some heart and desire.
Reply/Quote
1st String OL playing the entire first half.... especially Cedric and Fisher and Andre. (and not give up any pressures)

DL destroying TB OL

Mixon running

WJIII defending
Reply/Quote
Preseason Game 1:  NO MAJOR INJURIES!!

Preseason Game 2:  NO MAJOR INJURIES!!

Preseason Game 3:  NO MAJOR INJURIES!!

Preseason Game 4:  NO MAJOR INJURIES!!
Reply/Quote
To me Carl Lawson is the guy I want to see. How do we use him, but also is he really as good as advertised.

Mixon vs the 1's would be nice to see, so I hope we give Gio the night off so we get to see the guy in action against starters.

Nick Vigil is someone I'd also like to see what we got in him. Lot's of good praise coming out, but want to see if he can do it on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 03:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Monkeys riding dogs.

[Image: monkey-cammmmmmmm.gif?w=1000]

LOL!!!  Nice made my day! lol!!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 09:06 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I want to see o line play that makes me more optimistic.

I want to see what our backup tight ends have.

I want to see our kickers make the decision tough on the coaches.

I want to see pass rush and athleticism from the young guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! And, I want to see a reason to be hopeful. Nervous
Reply/Quote
Since everything is pretty vanilla, I just want to see basic things:

1. Fisher and CEd being able to block DEs one on one.
2. Mixon hitting the hole hard and catching balls easily out of the backfield.
3. Lawson converting practice sacks to game sacks.
4. No injuries.
5. The rest of the team playing at their normal level.
Reply/Quote
Mikey Boy packing for Shady Acres...oh and no injuries outside of a possible sideline mauling of Pauly Alexander.
Reply/Quote
I want to see them consistently move the ball on offense and covert more TDs than FGs in the redzone. On defense getting off the field on third down, tough redzone defense, and turnovers.

Same thing I want to see every game all year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I wanna see the offense sprint down the field and score and then go have a seat. I wanna see Winston on his ass a few times and then the defense goes and sits down and we spend three quarters looking at young guys.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I want to see Ogbuehi and Fisher play for the first half, not come out when the rest of the first team does. They need as much time acclimating as possible.
I also want to see Ogbuehi and Fisher keep the QB clean.

Last, I want to see perfect kicking under 50 yards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: I want to see Cedric Ogbuehi get a 15 yarder for knocking snot bubbles from some DE's nostrils.....Jake Fischer pancaking someone....and Bodine looking like a poor man's Richie Braham.  If we see that, we are in for a promising year.

This about sums it up.

But will also be paying heavy attention to the rookies plus WJIII and Billings. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No one has said naked cheerleaders yet? (Gramps, your slipping man!)
That's what I wanna see....TnA baby!

And no injuries.

Otherwise, football is back!!!!!  Hallelujah! Hallelujah!  Lets light these effers up!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 03:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No one has said naked cheerleaders yet? (Gramps, your slipping man!)  
That's what I wanna see....TnA baby!

And no injuries.

Otherwise, football is back!!!!!  Hallelujah! Hallelujah!  Lets light these effers up!

You want to see OUR cheerleaders naked?  Did we get a new crop or something?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I want to see Pain!!
Reply/Quote