Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
It's True: Geno Is The Best Defensive Player In The League
Munoz would have been great in any era. His quickness was beyond compare at the position.

BTW, has anybody ever seen his hands? Noticed them on a preseason game one time. Don't remember which hand it was but it had three fingers pointing in directions fingers aren't supposed to point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: Munoz would have been great in any era.  His quickness was beyond compare at the position.

BTW, has anybody ever seen his hands?   Noticed them on a preseason game one time.   Don't remember which hand it was but it had three fingers pointing in directions fingers aren't supposed to point.

I think it's his right? Yeah, gnarly stuff. Said he never got it fixed because he wouldn't be able to make a fist anymore. As it is, he can make a fist and grip things while having no pain.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 06:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think it's his right? Yeah, gnarly stuff. Said he never got it fixed because he wouldn't be able to make a fist anymore. As it is, he can make a fist and grip things while having no pain.

Even jamming fingers hurts like hell.  I have two fingers that point wrong at the top knuckle and that was some intense pain.  His point out from the middle knuckle.  I can't even imagine the pain of having half your finger practically ripped off.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 06:15 PM)McC Wrote: Even jamming fingers hurts like hell.  I have two fingers that point wrong at the top knuckle and that was some intense pain.  His point out from the middle knuckle.  I can't even imagine the pain of having half your finger practically ripped off.

Yeah, absolutely gnarly. I have never had dislocations like that but they just sound horrible. I broke my ring finger in half a couple of years back, I'm not sure which is actually more painful but I'd say from the looks of it, those dislocations are no joke.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A very valid point...

But then you look at Walter Jones, who wasn't much bigger at first (I think he started around 290-295, can't find the article, Munoz was 280) and he is the most legendary recent player, for giving up sacks (well, Whitworth's been better actually lol) and you wonder if he would've been even more dominant, in the 80s.

Its hard to say; its the whole Babe Ruth/Ted Williams argument too.

You can only really stack up competition at that time, as projections and hypothesis for future or past, just can't be done, really.

True.. I’m not knocking Munoz, just saying that it’s not a slam dunk fact. He was awesome against who he played against then though and that’s all one could ask of him.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 08:47 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: True.. I’m not knocking Munoz, just saying that it’s not a slam dunk fact. He was awesome against who he played against then though and that’s all one could ask of him.
Some on the players he'd have to play against in his era are also considered to be some of the best if not the best of their positions. Reggie white, LT, Bruce smith, Leroy selmon are the ones I can think of just off of the top of my head. I'm sure theres more. LT and white are probably the best ever at their positions too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's definitely deserving of it.

Dude has been playing lights out and is making plays. He has 1.5 less sacks than Carlos Dunlap, who is the Bengals career leading sack leader.
There's not many DTs that have more sacks in their career than Geno Atkins, both HoF and in general
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 09:07 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Some on the players he'd have to play against in his era are also considered to be some of the best if not the best of their positions. Reggie white, LT, Bruce smith, Leroy selmon are the ones I can think of just off of the top of my head. I'm sure theres more. LT and white are probably the best ever at their positions too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

True that!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 06:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, absolutely gnarly. I have never had dislocations like that but they just sound horrible. I broke my ring finger in half a couple of years back, I'm not sure which is actually more painful but I'd say from the looks of it, those dislocations are no joke.

I dislocated my index finger in 3 different places when I was kid. That shit was traumatizing.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I dislocated my index finger in 3 different places when I was kid. That shit was traumatizing.

Every knuckle dislocated?  Sweet fancy Moses.  I shuddered just reading that.  Yikes.  How the hell does one go about accomplishing such a seemingly impossible thing?

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 10:14 PM)McC Wrote: Every knuckle dislocated?  Sweet fancy Moses.  I shuddered just reading that.  Yikes.  How the hell does one go about accomplishing such a seemingly impossible thing?

It got stepped on when I was diving for a loose ball playing basketball.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It got stepped on when I was diving for a loose ball playing basketball.

How is the finger now?

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 10:20 PM)McC Wrote: How is the finger now?

I have like 70% capability as far as bending it and what not. And I have a pretty crazy scar from the surgery to fix it. All in all though I’m lucky the doctors fixed it as well as they did.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have like 70% capability as far as bending it and what not. And I have a pretty crazy scar from the surgery to fix it. All in all though I’m lucky the doctors fixed it as well as they did.

Pins?

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 10:51 PM)McC Wrote: Pins?

Nope.

Reply/Quote
Hey Anthony, which way is PBS?

[Image: Anthony-Munoz-finger.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I dislocated my index finger in 3 different places when I was kid. 

I bet you never went back to those places.
Reply/Quote
Donald is better, but Geno is playing like the best defensive player in the league RIGHT NOW. His ability to create explosive plays at DT is unmatched. Atkins is a surefire hall of famer
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:06 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Thanks for those stats, I don’t see a way that he won’t end up in the HOF.

Because, Bengals.  If he doesn't make it......you KNOW there's a bias.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: BTW, has anybody ever seen his hands? Noticed them on a preseason game one time. Don't remember which hand it was but it had three fingers pointing in directions fingers aren't supposed to point.

I call them Baldies. Have you seen Brian Baldingers pinky finger?
Reply/Quote