Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Wee Bit Chillyyyyyy Out There...
So I saw some clips from today's practice and was reminded (after seeing a lot of breath) that, man, it's ***** cold out there. Yup, brrrrrrrrr!!!!

Even when I went from my car to Kroger's tonight I was thinking, "Jesus H. Christ, I need to get inside. This winter shit can suck my balls!" Had a buddy of mine stop by a little later. First words out of his mouth were, "Dude, screw this. I want the 70 degrees back we saw a few weeks ago." You'd think I'd be used to it, but nope.

But yeah, I'm sure most of our players love it. Especially the ones from down South and the West Coast. Given the choice, I'm betting those SEC, Pac 10 and Somoan guys actually prefer the cold though.

But as I'm reminded, we do the have UC facility. I know that came in real handy today. And I mean, regardless of who paid for it, whoever even uses it, it's practically ours. Didn't invest a dime, use it about three times a year= Shared facility according to many.

Anyways, I just thought I mention that I felt bad seeing those guys out there. I know they have to hate it. Shit, the one's from Texas probably had better facilities in high school. As always, nothing but the best here in Cincy. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
[Image: bengalsbubble.jpg]

Mooning :drool: MooningMooningMooning :drool::drool::drool::drool:
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:44 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: [Image: bengalsbubble.jpg]

Mooning :drool: MooningMooningMooning :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Is that from yesterday?  If so, my apologies for questioning why they were outside.

If not, I'm not sure I understand your point.  This would only reinforce my reasoning for questioning the those who support the idea that UC's facility solves a problem.  If we have access it to it whenever we need it why weren't we there yesterday when it was 20 degrees?
Reply/Quote
Not many people know about this, but Mike Brown, Marvin, and Donald Trump met with officials at UC yesterday.  Reports are that a bubble will be built around Paul Brown Stadium before Saturday....  UC will pay for it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:08 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So I saw some clips from today's practice and was reminded (after seeing a lot of breath) that, man, it's ***** cold out there.  Yup, brrrrrrrrr!!!!

Even when I went from my car to Kroger's tonight I was thinking, "Jesus H. Christ, I need to get inside.  This winter shit can suck my balls!"  Had a buddy of mine stop by a little later.  First words out of his mouth were, "Dude, screw this.  I want the 70 degrees back we saw a few weeks ago."  You'd think I'd be used to it, but nope.

But yeah, I'm sure most of our players love it.  Especially the ones from down South and the West Coast.  Given the choice, I'm betting those SEC, Pac 10 and Somoan guys actually prefer the cold though.

But as I'm reminded, we do the have UC facility.  I know that came in real handy today.  And I mean, regardless of who paid for it, whoever even uses it, it's practically ours.  Didn't invest a dime, use it about three times a year= Shared facility according to many.

Anyways, I just thought I mention that I felt bad seeing those guys out there.  I know they have to hate it.  Shit, the one's from Texas probably had better facilities in high school.  As always, nothing but the best here in Cincy. Rolleyes

Who the F cares about this right now? And don't tell me the players because none of these guys have been lining up to leave after their contracts are up. Hell, Michael Johnson even came back from Tampa. This thread is complaining just to complain. 

Reply/Quote
No news here. The use of a bubble (or lack thereof) is overrated. For crying out loud high's were in the 30 degree range yesterday, it's not the arctic circle.

The Vikings and Seahawks will be play in sub-zero temperatures this weekend. Now that's cold. 30 degrees, not really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals need to be tougher anyways... Matter of Fact if I was Marvin I would have the entire team swimming in the River right now to tough'n them up!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Who the F cares about this right now? And don't tell me the players because none of these guys have been lining up to leave after their contracts are up. Hell, Michael Johnson even came back from Tampa. This thread is complaining just to complain. 

Calm down.  Some of us are able to carry on multiple conversations, about my multiple topics, without blowing a gasket.  If you find yourself unable or unwilling to try to have discussions outside of this week's game then I would suggest staying out of other threads.

Just because players stay here doesn't mean they don't care, or they're not bothered by practicing in the cold.  I would guess that the most important things in a player determining where they'd like to play are 1.) Money 2.) System/chance of success/fit 3.) family considerations.  Just because "indoor practice facility" isn't a determining factor doesn't mean anything.

It's cold.  Some guys don't like cold.  I've been told numerous times by people on here that we don't a facility because we share UC's.  Yet when it gets brought up that we weren't in there on days like yesterday it's forgotten.  So, please, if the topic comes in the Spring, or any particular time where you find it convenient to discuss it, don't say that we can just use UC's.  Because we clearly we don't.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:27 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: No news here.  The use of a bubble (or lack thereof) is overrated.  For crying out loud high's were in the 30 degree range yesterday, it's not the arctic circle.

The Vikings and Seahawks will be play in sub-zero temperatures this weekend.  Now that's cold.  30 degrees, not really.

It news to us who were told that we can use UC facility whenever we want.  I've been told over and over that we already have a facility and that it's ridiculous to build one when we already have an agreement in place with UC.  So I guess I'm just wondering what happened to that?

Why weren't we in there yesterday?  Even better, exactly how many times have we've been in there at all since it's been built?  Less than 10?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Calm down.  Some of us are able to carry on multiple conversations, about my multiple topics, without blowing a gasket.  If you find yourself unable or unwilling to try to have discussions outside of this week's game then I would suggest staying out of other threads.

Just because players stay here doesn't mean they don't care, or they're not bothered by practicing in the cold.  I would guess that the most important things in a player determining where they'd like to play are 1.) Money 2.) System/chance of success/fit 3.) family considerations.  Just because "indoor practice facility" isn't a determining factor doesn't mean anything.

It's cold.  Some guys don't like cold.  I've been told numerous times by people on here that we don't a facility because we share UC's.  Yet when it gets brought up that we weren't in there on days like yesterday it's forgotten.  So, please, if the topic comes in the Spring, or any particular time where you find it convenient to discuss it, don't say that we can just use UC's.  Because we clearly we don't.

They live in the north now. They play in the north. They take pride in being ready for "bengals weather". These coaches and this team take pride in being more tough and prepared than other teams when it comes to inclement weather. Practicing outdoors only adds to their confidence about this. 

Football is meant to be played outdoors and these guys embrace the situation at hand. I would suggest you nut up a little when walking into the store. Maybe a heavier sweater and an extra pair of mittens might help.  

Would you look at that, multiple conversations in one post. One paragraph outlining how you can argue this team  is made more tough because of this,  and the other outlining you being a panty waist walking into Walmart. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: They live in the north now. They play in the north. They take pride in being ready for "bengals weather". These coaches and this team take pride in being more tough and prepared than other teams when it comes to inclement weather. Practicing outdoors only adds to their confidence about this. 

Football is meant to be played outdoors and these guys embrace the situation at hand. I would suggest you nut up a little when walking into the store. Maybe a heavier sweater and an extra pair of mittens might help.  

And it's clearly such a huge advantage and has helped out so much in the past.  Rolleyes

What a ***** crock of shit.  Do really believe the absolute nonsense you're writing?  I find it almost impossible to believe that some of fans are actually stupid enough to buy into such obvious outdated, antiquated bs.  I think it's just regurgitated bologna that people have become so accustomed to spouting out as a defense that they say it without even thinking about it.

How the **** do the Steelers do so well when they practice indoors?  Better yet, explain the Patriots.  Both those organizations, the two most successful in the league by far, use indoor facilities.  Explain that.  If any of what you just said was true teams like San Fran and Oakland would have never gotten out of places like New York and Minnesota in the 70's.  Except they did.

Football is meant to play both indoor and outdoors.  And all that other crap about taking pride in "Bengals weather ready" and gaining confidence is all the more laughable when you reference a team who hasn't won a playoff game since Home Alone was in theaters.  We practiced outside and then proceeded to lose to a team from ***** San Diego in PBS by 17 ***** points.

Jesus Christ, wake the **** up.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:55 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And it's clearly such a huge advantage and has helped out so much in the past.  Rolleyes

What a ***** crock of shit.  Do really believe the absolute nonsense you're writing?  I find it almost impossible to believe that some of fans are actually stupid enough to buy into such obvious outdated, antiquated bs.  I think it's just regurgitated bologna that people have become so accustomed to spouting out as a defense that they say it without even thinking about it.

How the **** do the Steelers do so well when they practice indoors?  Better yet, explain the Patriots.  Both those organizations, the two most successful in the league by far, use indoor facilities.  Explain that.  If any of what you just said was true teams like San Fran and Oakland would have never gotten out of places like New York and Minnesota in the 70's.  Except they did.

Football is meant to play both indoor and outdoors.  And all that other crap about taking pride in "Bengals weather ready" and gaining confidence is all the more laughable when you reference a team who hasn't won a playoff game since Home Alone was in theaters.  We practiced outside and then proceeded to lose to a team from ***** San Diego in PBS by 17 ***** points.

Jesus Christ, wake the **** up.
So you're telling me our postseason woes would be fixed if we had an indoor facility? My guess is this team would have been the same no matter what.  

I was at that game against San Diego and it was like 50 degrees at game time.  It didn't get blistering cold until the morning after. I was at the Palmer knee playoff game too. Again it was pretty warm for January. The 09 jets playoff game I was at, was chilly but not necessarily inclement.  They lost every single one of those games and I don't think it has one thing to do with where they practiced, the weather they practiced in, or even the weather they played in. 

Unless it's a monsoon or a blizzard I really don't think it is necessary. On the really bad days they have a place to go and that's what matters,  Would it be nice to have their own? Sure. Do they need it to win (or lose)? Nope. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So you're telling me our postseason woes would be fixed if we had an indoor facility? My guess is this team would have been the same no matter what.  

Where the hell did I say that?  I asked why, if you think it instills so much confidence and better prepares us, teams like New England, Pittsburgh, etc, win without preparing the same way.

Clearly, not practicing in the cold hasn't affected these teams one bit.  And there isn't a single thing to suggest it's helps us one but either.  Without an ounce of post season success it's hard to argue that we've benefited from it.

Lastly, what's with the ever changing font size?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Where the hell did I say that?  I asked why, if you think it instills so much confidence and better prepares us, teams like New England, Pittsburgh, etc, win without preparing the same way.

Clearly, not practicing in the cold hasn't affected these teams one bit.  And there isn't a single thing to suggest it's helps us one but either.  Without an ounce of post season success it's hard to argue that we've benefited from it.

My phone does the same shit on this site for some odd reason....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:42 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I think the Bengals need to be tougher anyways... Matter of Fact if I was Marvin I would have the entire team swimming in the River right now to tough'n them up!!!!

hypothermia is a great way to prepare for the Steelers!  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: My phone does the same shit on this site for some odd reason....

Yeah I don't know, I used to fix it every time but I've given up on that. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Where the hell did I say that?  I asked why, if you think it instills so much confidence and better prepares us, teams like New England, Pittsburgh, etc, win without preparing the same way.

Did you not ask how it has helped us in the past and then reference the San Diego debacle of a playoff game as an example? I mean I could make the argument that the reason we beat the Patriots in the driving rainstorm is because we were more used to and prepared for those situations and they weren't right? 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:22 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah I don't know, I used to fix it every time but I've given up on that. 

That, and commas.  You can tell when I'm on my phone on here, I don't use 'em. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:21 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: hypothermia is a great way to prepare for the Steelers!  Mellow

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:23 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why weren't we in there yesterday?  Even better, exactly how many times have we've been in there at all since it's been built?  Less than 10?

Since you are the expert why don't you tell us.  Where is your proof that the Bengals wanted to use the facility but were denied access. 

Or are you are just making up shit to whine about without having a clue as to what was going on.

My answer is that highs were in the 30's so it was not so cold that they had to practice inside.  Or maybe they wanted to get used to playing some in the cold conditions.  I don't know, but neaither do you.  You are just doing this because you love to hear yourself bith and moan.
Reply/Quote