Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Wee Bit Chillyyyyyy Out There...
My buddy who works down at PBS got some great shots from down there that he shared with me:

Posters in Mike office:
[Image: fd34277e5c2645a71bf989b8559ce5e7.jpg]

[Image: c967be1efbe505075a096e40b7236c61.jpg]

[Image: vintage-ads-that-would-be-banned-today-4.jpg]

Some of the new exercise equipment Mike ordered:

[Image: bbb7bf92d53f437a4ad8bd1c77c1e91c.jpg]

[Image: article-2350131-1A8ABFFA000005DC-660_634x505.jpg]

[Image: vintage-exercise-equipment-the-origins-o...space9.jpg]

State of the art stereo system for music, pumping crowd noise, etc:

[Image: VictorVPhonograph.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My buddy who works down at PBS got some great shots from down there that he shared with me:

Posters in Mike office:
[Image: fd34277e5c2645a71bf989b8559ce5e7.jpg]

[Image: c967be1efbe505075a096e40b7236c61.jpg]

[Image: vintage-ads-that-would-be-banned-today-4.jpg]

Some of the new exercise equipment Mike ordered:

[Image: bbb7bf92d53f437a4ad8bd1c77c1e91c.jpg]

State of the art stereo system for music, pumping crowd noise, etc:

[Image: VictorVPhonograph.jpg]

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

[Image: 19cnqi9c92kjkjpg.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:42 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Why would we have needed UC's facility yesterday?  It was sunny and 30 degrees!  Good grief, that's not even worth the bus ride to Clifton.  30 degrees is not uncomfortable when you're moving around.

The only times they travel to an indoor facility (in Mason or wherever) is when it's extremely cold or we have bad weather conditions, like snow, sleet, etc.

Have you looked into some of these facilities around the league? Just look at the Cards and Seahawks to get a glimpse into the 21st century.

These are used for much, much more than just practicing. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

[Image: 19cnqi9c92kjkjpg.jpg]

Wait, so women, err I mean broads, were spraying Lysol on their cooters? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 04:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Wait, so women, err I mean broads, were spraying Lysol on their cooters? Hilarious

[Image: Lysol28.jpg]

........apparently so! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 04:10 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Have you looked into some of these facilities around the league? Just look at the Cards and Seahawks to get a glimpse into the 21st century.

These are used for much, much more than just practicing. 

Not saying we don't need a practice facility, only that we don't need one due to the weather argument this week.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 04:23 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Not saying we don't need a practice facility, only that we don't need one due to the weather argument this week.

Yeah I'm all for practicing in what you play in (to an extent of course). I guess it's just the thought that matters...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its gonna be cold saturday night and the rest of january they might as well get used to it.

I dont feel bad for anyone making 100s of thousands to 10s of millions for playing football and ahving to do it in the cold.

Do you not understand that it's not "get used to it"?  It is how to keep your multi million dollar investments in the best physical shape.  If you have a Ferrari, you could let it set outside all winter, but would you?  These guys are literally investments for Mike Brown.  It's not even about their comfort, it is about keeping them performing at the highest possible level.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:41 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Do you not understand that it's not "get used to it"?  It is how to keep your multi million dollar investments in the best physical shape.  If you have a Ferrari, you could let it set outside all winter, but would you?  These guys are literally investments for Mike Brown.  It's not even about their comfort, it is about keeping them performing at the highest possible level.

Some people are convinced that a practice bubble is the worst thing for this team. It's all about practicing in the elements because we play outside...that's the only argument I ever see. Apparently places like Green Bay and New England are cowards for practicing indoors.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:41 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Do you not understand that it's not "get used to it"?  It is how to keep your multi million dollar investments in the best physical shape.  If you have a Ferrari, you could let it set outside all winter, but would you?  These guys are literally investments for Mike Brown.  It's not even about their comfort, it is about keeping them performing at the highest possible level.

Yup.  Aside from getting the most out of their workouts / run throughs and keeping them healthy (sans flu); there is the issue of other teams access to watching the run throughs.  Couldn't our competition just rent out an office / apt with a view of the field to get a good idea of our first drive scripted plays?

I know that drives me nuts with the practice field, not sure if they usually practice within PBS at this time of year and if there are any vantage points that could be taken advantage of for these purposes.
Reply/Quote
These practice bubble threads are kinda one-sided without guys like OSUfan.

I think most people realize there's no good reason not to have one. It certainly wouldn't hurt, and it'd likely help our cause.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 07:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: These practice bubble threads are kinda one-sided without guys like OSUfan.

I think most people realize there's no good reason not to have one. It certainly wouldn't hurt, and it'd likely help our cause.

Where is good ol OSU?  Haven't seen him around since Moby Dick was a minnow....

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This idea that they just run over to Clifton whenever they want simply isn't true. 

Link?

Please list all of the times we have wanted toi use the facility and been denied.
Reply/Quote
I honestly thought that I remembered reading about a 50 yard indoor practice facility that was owned by the team. Yikes, I'm out of the loop if that's not a thing Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:36 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I honestly thought that I remembered reading about a 50 yard indoor practice facility that was owned by the team.  Yikes, I'm out of the loop if that's not a thing Mellow

Oh, that was remolding the the weight room and locker room that got blown way out of proportion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:36 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I honestly thought that I remembered reading about a 50 yard indoor practice facility that was owned by the team.  Yikes, I'm out of the loop if that's not a thing Mellow

Hobson said it was more like 35 yards. Not nearly big enough to have team practice. It's more for rehab and individual work.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hobson said it was more like 35 yards. Not nearly big enough to have team practice. It's more for rehab and individual work.

The ceiling is too low for any kicking.

It is like a little inside gym that can be converted to a party room when needed.
Reply/Quote
Just saw on NFL total access that the Minnesota Vikings practiced *gasp* OUTSIDE all week. Why? So they can have an edge by being more acclimated to the weather conditions they will be playing in(they said this themselves). And it's not just cold, it was pouring snow during their practice today.

But hey, the Bengals should have been in a bubble this week right?

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 09:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Just saw on NFL total access that the Minnesota Vikings practiced *gasp* OUTSIDE all week. Why? So they can have an edge by being more acclimated to the weather conditions they will be playing in(they said this themselves). And it's not just cold, it was pouring snow during their practice today.

But hey, the Bengals should have been in a bubble this week right?

The thing is...they have that option. If the forecast on gameday didn't call for snow, it'd make no sense to practice in it.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hobson said it was more like 35 yards. Not nearly big enough to have team practice. It's more for rehab and individual work.

I keep thinking of this scene when people talk about the size of that thing:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote