Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a very offensive league now more than ever.
I'd invest money in the offense and then get pass rushers on the defensive line to generate turnovers. The rule changes have made above average QBs great. Get a great line and more speed at wr.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Yep. Giving Burrow protection and weapons should be priority #1. We will go as far as he can take us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Giving Burrow protection and weapons should be priority #1. We will go as far as he can take us.

I feel like the Mixon extension was a bad idea. It wont crush us, but would have rather had a guard.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mayfield don't play when you could hit the qb.

But I do agree with the op. Pick up protection and pressure.
Reply/Quote
We have a lot of work to do to get out of the basement of this division. And it needs to start with admitting ZT won’t be the guy to do it.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have a lot of work to do to get out of the basement of this division. And it needs to start with admitting ZT won’t be the guy to do it.

Fact
Reply/Quote
Invest everything into the offense, and edge rusher. Everything else can work itself out. You have to be able put up a bunch of points to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have a lot of work to do to get out of the basement of this division. And it needs to start with admitting ZT won’t be the guy to do it.

Which is another point...Burrow had a decent rookie year but not great by any stretch. With the right staff, he could be amazing.

In a year when offense was up all over, our scoring was mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:44 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Invest everything into the offense, and edge rusher. Everything else can work itself out. You have to be able put up a bunch of points to win.

Yeach. I'm kind of leaning towards letting Jackson go and getting a DE.
Reply/Quote
I would say you better invest in CBs, Pass rushers, and coverage LBs if you want to slow down a team like the Chiefs. Also being able to run the Ball would help out a lot as well. Acting like you are going to beat the Chiefs in a shootout is a major mistake.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The game is really about getting that right guy at QB and finding
That right guy on defense to create havoc on the QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like the Mixon extension was a bad idea. It wont crush us, but would have rather had a guard.

Yeah, I guess we will see how things are going forward, but it's just a bummer two years in a row having one of our marquee players in "is he or isn't he?" injury limbo before we finally just say "This season is a waste, just shut him down."  I guess this is just a generic complaint, but man if Burrow misses a handful of games next year because of his knee and we have a 7th string starting QB in there with ZT at the helm we could be onto a 3rd year of "shut it all down, let's lose, hoorah for losing."

It's one thing to have a losing season, but multiple "tank for the future" years in a row is getting depressing.  Ok, I'm going overboard with the pessimistic speculation here, though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeach. I'm kind of leaning towards letting Jackson go and getting a DE.

We need a true ballhawk.at CB.Jackson.is not a ballhawk.
He hasnt made a impactful interception since when????
Has he ever sealed a game with a pick?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:52 AM)impactplaya Wrote: We need a true ballhawk.at CB.Jackson.is not a ballhawk.
He hasnt made a impactful interception since when????
Has he ever sealed a game with a pick?

We need pass rushers more than a ball hawk at CB. Having a serious pass rush leads to more interceptions and is the key to slowing down elite QBs.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 01:03 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: We need pass rushers more than a ball hawk at CB. Having a serious pass rush leads to more interceptions and is the key to slowing down elite QBs.

Yep. In a lot of ways, we're not built to compete in the modern NFL. You need good lines and a good qb and good coaching.

We have 1 of those things.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:47 AM)J24 Wrote: I would say you better invest in CBs, Pass rushers, and coverage LBs if you want to slow down a team like the Chiefs. Also being able to run the Ball would help out a lot as well. Acting like you are going to beat the Chiefs in a shootout is a major mistake.

We should probably start with beating the teams in our own division first. And we just saw a Browns/Ravens shootout a week ago.

Reply/Quote
We have an impact player on Defense. his name is Bates. D is close with what we have. Logan Wilson is developing into an impact LB as well. We could use another pass rusher though
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 01:22 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have an impact player on Defense. his name is Bates. D is close with what we have. Logan Wilson is developing into an impact LB as well. We could use another pass rusher though

That’s a bit of a stretch. I think he’ll end up being a solid player, but I doubt he’s the next Luke Kuechly.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 01:22 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have an impact player on Defense. his name is Bates. D is close with what we have. Logan Wilson is developing into an impact LB as well. We could use another pass rusher though

This.needs 3 legit.pass rusher. It.has.1 now
Reply/Quote