Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all on the defense...
...or at least it makes me feel more confident to think about it that way. If our defense can limit Antonio Brown like they have all season (averaging 67 yards on 10.3 ypc) while forcing Pig Ben to turn it over (4 INTs combined), I really think we'll win this one.

DeAngelo Williams has been an x-factor for the Steelers all season. While the passing game got all the credit, he really softened the blow of losing Leveon Bell. There was almost no drop off.

Leveon Bell in 5 complete starts- averaged 127 all purpose yards with 3 TDs. 4.9 yards per carry.
D. Williams in 9 complete starts- averaged 122 all purpose yards with 11 TDs. 4.5 yards per carry.

Williams replaced Bell's production completely, and was a better red zone threat than Bell, tbh. Williams averaged over 100 yards from scrimmage with 2 TDs against us this year. With him out, word is that the Steelers will lean on Fitzgerald Toussaint, who has 27 career touches and a 2.3 ypc average.

The Steelers are acting like this is no big deal, but it clearly is. Especially with the forecast calling for rain. Williams was a big-time producer through the run, on dump-offs and in the red zone. It will put more pressure on Ben to produce, and we've seen what happens when Ben is pressured this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to throw the ST in also, 2 out of 3 phases. We need punts from Huber/coverage, and run backs by Adam. I hate to put the game on Nugent's leg, but he's probably going to have to show up as part of ST also. Huber's punts (what have you done for me lately) haven't been up to his par.

Also, maybe the Steelers running game is good regardless of who plays, because of their passing game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'd like to throw the ST in also, 2 out of 3 phases. We need punts from Huber/coverage, and run backs by Adam. I hate to put the game on Nugent's leg, but he's probably going to have to show up as part of ST also. Huber's punts (what have you done for me lately) haven't been up to his par.

Also, maybe the Steelers running game is good regardless of who plays, because of their passing game.

We'll see, but I just think Bell is a fantastic RB, and DeAngelo Williams was poorly utilized in Carolina over the last few seasons. He's always been a good RB though. I guess if Fitzgerald Toussaint goes for 100+ and a TD you can claim it's all their passing game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I agree Reuben ST is gonna play a huge role tomorrow night. Huber & Nugent need to play better than what they showed lately. Tate needs to do something positive for once.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will all eat Croissaint instead of crow if Toussaint goes for 100.

/thread
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'd like to throw the ST in also, 2 out of 3 phases. We need punts from Huber/coverage, and run backs by Adam. I hate to put the game on Nugent's leg, but he's probably going to have to show up as part of ST also. Huber's punts (what have you done for me lately) haven't been up to his par.

Tate hasn't had his one annual punt return for a TD yet this year. It would be nice for him to get it tomorrow. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Touissant has some speed and is more of a "vision" runner (good at seeing the hole and hitting it) so the key will be the front 4 winning their battles. He is also a good pass protecting back.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Touissant has some speed and is more of a "vision" runner (good at seeing the hole and hitting it) so the key will be the front 4 winning their battles. He is also a good pass protecting back.

So you don't see some drop off there? This guy averaged 3.5 ypc as a senior at Michigan. He went undrafted. He's averaged 2.3 ypc in the pros.

Not exactly a sparkling resume.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you don't see some drop off there? This guy averaged 3.5 ypc as a senior at Michigan. He went undrafted. He's averaged 2.3 ypc in the pros.

Not exactly a sparkling resume.
Oh I know that but we have had issues with that kind of back before. If we play disciplined and don't leave big holes we should get him.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tate hasn't had his one annual punt return for a TD yet this year. It would be nice for him to get it tomorrow. 

Just keep catching the ball... wet field, wet ball tomorrow night, he has been great in zero turnovers this year.. keep it going
Reply/Quote
At the risk of sounding like golf-clap giggles, I would imagine the winning team will be the one that wins the turnover battle.

That doesn't mean I want the Bengals to go in to a shell, but they need to secure the ball and they need to strip it from the assbuckets.
Reply/Quote
We need an early big play in this game. An interception or a kick return or a fumble recovery.  Something that will get the crowd going and the guys fired up like sharks smelling blood.  I think this will be a key in the game.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We'll see, but I just think Bell is a fantastic RB, and DeAngelo Williams was poorly utilized in Carolina over the last few seasons. He's always been a good RB though. I guess if Fitzgerald Toussaint goes for 100+ and a TD you can claim it's all their passing game.

Bell is probably the best all around back in the NFL.  Not having a big dropoff when Williams played was huge, but I don't see them having the same success with Tousant.  We have a healthy secondary, and can get pressure with the front four.  I am predicting a good game!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: Oh I know that but we have had issues with that kind of back before. If we play disciplined and don't leave big holes we should get him.

Right. Dan Herron hit us for 141 yards and a TD last year. 

I'm saying if our D can perform at their regular season level though. I can't think of any practice squad type RBs that have burned us in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:01 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I agree Reuben ST is gonna play a huge role tomorrow night. Huber & Nugent need to play better than what they showed lately. Tate needs to do something positive for once.
Like cheering on his teammates from the sideline while Pacman handles all  returns tomorrow?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...or at least it makes me feel more confident to think about it that way. If our defense can limit Antonio Brown like they have all season (averaging 67 yards on 10.3 ypc) while forcing Pig Ben to turn it over (4 INTs combined), I really think we'll win this one.

DeAngelo Williams has been an x-factor for the Steelers all season. While the passing game got all the credit, he really softened the blow of losing Leveon Bell. There was almost no drop off.

Leveon Bell in 5 complete starts- averaged 127 all purpose yards with 3 TDs. 4.9 yards per carry.
D. Williams in 9 complete starts- averaged 122 all purpose yards with 11 TDs. 4.5 yards per carry.

Williams replaced Bell's production completely, and was a better red zone threat than Bell, tbh. Williams averaged over 100 yards from scrimmage with 2 TDs against us this year. With him out, word is that the Steelers will lean on Fitzgerald Toussaint, who has 27 career touches and a 2.3 ypc average.

The Steelers are acting like this is no big deal, but it clearly is. Especially with the forecast calling for rain. Williams was a big-time producer through the run, on dump-offs and in the red zone. It will put more pressure on Ben to produce, and we've seen what happens when Ben is pressured this year.

I have to agree especially with the weather prediction. Our defense has to shut down their run game and create turnovers, let hope we can force these new backs to fumble.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Defense is the only reason the Bengals have a chance in this game. Geno and Carlos are the key they must chase down and trap Big Jen like he did sorority chicks in a Miami U dorm room!! Burfict healthy at the end of this season is huge, he is an enforcer. I personally believe, the Bengals secondary is not very good at all they benefit from a very very good defensive line that most often keeps constant pressure on opposing QB's. When the line does not get good pressure, QB's pick that secondary apart.

So its all on Geno, Carlos, and Burfict to change a game, and change a history. Everything is against them, including a head coach that has no idea what the hell he is doing in the playoffs, a young QB making his 4th start, and a history of failure at home against the pieces of toilet bowl Stoolers they are playing, but they alone have the talent to supersede these hindrances and write their own destiny!! Good Luck!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. Dan Herron hit us for 141 yards and a TD last year. 

I'm saying if our D can perform at their regular season level though. I can't think of any practice squad type RBs that have burned us in the regular season.

Last game throw out the window.. depleted team.. and to me again history is history... 2015 players are not 2014 or 2013 players.... 

The team is healthy on defense that is most important.. I actually will be shocked if Steelers run it 10 times in the 1st half 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tate hasn't had his one annual punt return for a TD yet this year. It would be nice for him to get it tomorrow. 

I would bet my house if he did the refs would throw a flag for block in the back or hold whether it happened or not
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We need an early big play in this game. An interception or a kick return or a fumble recovery.  Something that will get the crowd going and the guys fired up like sharks smelling blood.  I think this will be a key in the game.

This. 100%. Last time out they drove down the field right off the bat. We need to be the one that punches first. Get the crowd going nuts and make Pittsburgh feel all the pressure
Reply/Quote