Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's been 10 weeks since the Bengals beat a decent team
11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent.

Since 11.1, played 4 games vs winning teams (Teams with winning records at seasons end), of course they lost every one.

Texans, Steelers, Cardinals and Broncos. L L L L

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss. Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off.

Maybe next year!!!
Reply/Quote
You're trying too hard.

The Bengals are one of two teams to have 0 losses to teams with losing records (Panthers are the 2nd team). The Bengals lost their starting quarterback against the Steelers. Didn't have him for the Broncos.

So, outside of that, the Bengals are 4-2 against teams that finished .500 or better.

So overall, WITHOUT their starting quarterback for 4 games, they're still 4-4 against teams that are .500 or better. That's pretty good.

Steelers are 4-4 against teams that are .500 or better. Also got swept by the Ravens. Also in a game where they controlled their playoff destiny and knew that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Gawd why do some of you wake up in the morning?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:29 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: 11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent.

Since 11.1, played 4 games vs winning teams (Teams with winning records at seasons end), of course they lost every one.

Texans, Steelers, Cardinals and Broncos.  L L L L

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off.

Maybe next year!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We lost in the last minute to 2 of the best teams in the NFL on the road, one with a backup QB so excuse me if I don't go all jump off the cliff mode.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:29 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: 11.1.15 - Last win vs a quality opponent.

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss.   Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off.

Maybe next year!!!

Lol
I bet this guy sleeps in a bed with plastic sheets, a steelers comforter and a terrible towel pillow. His bedroom is topped off with a sticky poster of Big Ben on his ceiling that he pleasures himself to. 

He will be nowhere to be found after we beat his steelers with a backup QB.  Who Dey

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:07 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Lol
I bet this guy sleeps in a bed with plastic sheets, a steelers comforter and a terrible towel pillow. His bedroom is topped off with a sticky poster of Big Ben on his ceiling that he pleasures himself to. 

He will be nowhere to be found after we beat his steelers with a backup QB.  Who Dey

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Maybe next year!!!

Somewhere out there. There's a very steep and dangerous cliff.

Go find this cliff, walk up to the edge, and just simply step off of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Somewhere out there. There's a very steep and dangerous cliff.

Go find this cliff, walk up to the edge, and just simply step off of it.

We're in the midwest.  More busses and tractors to jump in front of.
Reply/Quote

Maybe next year!!!

Since you've already decided the outcome of the game, at least you'll have your Saturday night free to do something other than watch the Bengals game
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1324316240_cat_jumps_off_balcony_ledge.gif]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Yes, the Bengals have had four losses in the second half of the season, but ALL were to playoff teams.
The only one that was by more than four points was the second Steelers game...McCarron's first game...in which the Bengals were within a TD prior to the pick 6....

Even though the Bengals lost all these games, they showed me something I haven't seen from a Bengals team in recent years...they can compete with the best of the playoff teams.

The Steelers, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, and Texans have all lost to teams with losing records at least once this season. Shouldn't they be getting chalked up with a loss too since they can't beat the teams they "should" beat?

Bottom line: the Bengals can compete and beat any team in the playoffs this year. Whether that happens or not, who knows. But at least they've shown they have a shot to do it, unlike some of the previous years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Maybe next year!!!

If we go by your logic this is a automatic win, since the last team we beat with a winning record is Pittsburgh...  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Maybe next year!!!
Aren't you supposed to be in Cleveland? 
Reply/Quote

Texans, Steelers, Cardinals and Broncos. L L L L

Yeah...this game is an automatic loss. Sooner we all accept it, the easier it will be to just laugh it off.

Maybe next year!!!

damnit why cant i neg rep you for wasting my time with this...
Reply/Quote
Primetime against Winning teams & Pukesburgh @ PBS.. Recipe for a blowout?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:07 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Primetime against Winning teams & Pukesburgh @ PBS.. Recipe for a blowout?

Well I will counter with three important games over the last four years that the Bengals defeated Steelers

1. 2012-  Last game of year , Bengals defeat Steelers in what really was  playoff type  game, Bengals got into playoffs, Steeler went home

2.  2013  Prime time game, both teams come in 0-1, Bengals defeat Steelers send them to 0-2 and they did not make the playoffs that year
3. 2015  First matchup,, Bengals win and we pretty much ended any hope with a victory of Steelers having a chance at AFC North.

We can and have beaten the Steelers in pivotal games the last few years, no reason we can;t this weekend unless losing Dalton is just too much to overcome.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I will counter with three important games over the last four years that the Bengals defeated Steelers

1. 2012-  Last game of year , Bengals defeat Steelers in what really was  playoff type  game, Bengals got into playoffs, Steeler went home

2.  2013  Prime time game, both teams come in 0-1, Bengals defeat Steelers send them to 0-2 and they did not make the playoffs that year
3. 2015  First matchup,, Bengals win and we pretty much ended any hope with a victory of Steelers having a chance at AFC North.

We can and have beaten the Steelers in pivotal games the last few years, no reason we can;t this weekend unless losing Dalton is just too much to overcome.

I just put the question out there.. It sounds like a recipe for a blow out to me given the history in the Playoffs. 

Honestly I'm glad we're going against Pitt - They haven't been that great in the Playoffs in recent years - Then again they haven't played against MarvinBall

Proof is in the pudding for me. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:51 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I just put the question out there.. It sounds like a recipe for a blow out to me given the history in the Playoffs. 

Honestly I'm glad we're going against Pitt - They haven't been that great in the Playoffs in recent years - Then again they haven't played against MarvinBall

Proof is in the pudding for me. 

I thought I would put a free ingredients that show that recipe has not been working as well in very critical games with the Steelers in very recent history
Reply/Quote
This is absurd. They can only play the teams that are put in front of them. Bengals tied for the best record in the AFC this year, and had a backup quarterback for basically the last four weeks of the season. By your logic, New England might as well not even suit up for the playoffs this year... they lost four of the last six, the last two to the Jets and Dolphins...
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I thought I would put a free ingredients that show that recipe has not been working as well in very critical games with the Steelers in very recent history

I will be rooting for the Bengals like I have been for many many years now come hell or high water.  Brag on them when they win and criticize them when they lose.

The bottom line is - We all can debate until we're blue in the face about how A +B & C= Win / Loss  before hand - But only after Saturday night we will know the truth.
Reply/Quote