Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's been talked about, but I am still just amazed...
What the front office has done this year is first class.

Bengals will be a much improved team over last year. That doesn’t guarantee we make it back to Super Bowl but I like our chances.

No one would have come close to Bengals in playoffs last year if we had had these three new guys blocking for the two Joes

Really well done by management.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:28 PM)bengals67 Wrote: What the front office has done this year is first class.

Bengals will be a much improved team over last year. That doesn’t guarantee we make it back to Super Bowl but I like our chances.

No one would have come close to Bengals in playoffs last year if we had had these three new guys blocking for the two Joes

Really well done by management.

Yeah, anything can happen but we will be improved. I truly believe we will win more regular season games than last year.

Around 12 or 13 regular season games but anything can happen in the Playoffs as our team shown.

Our Defense just showed up in the Playoffs and the Superbowl and was arguably the best Defense in the Playoffs.

As KillerGoose said our Defense was ELITE in the Playoffs and gave us another shot in the big game to boot.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I watched him at Texas and he’s a beast

He looked like a beast on highlights but that does not always translate to the NFL. 

But it sure looked like it did sacking Tom Brady twice in preseason in limited action. 

Excited to see him in Stripes. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:28 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He looked like a beast on highlights but that does not always translate to the NFL. 

But it sure looked like it did sacking Tom Brady twice in preseason in limited action. 

Excited to see him in Stripes. 

Tackles for Loss like that doesn't lie. Ossai just takes great angles and is relentless in his pass rush.

I hope the latter doesn't fall off cause of the injury. His angle talent should be fine. His motor needs to stick.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: At what Lou Anarumo and his gang did to the Chiefs in the 2nd half of the game..... twice!!! I really can't wait to see what the addition of Ossai and hopefully one of the best DB or DT in the draft gives him. And I hope we can pick LarryO back up on the cheap with the knowledge he'll start the season on IR to let him fully heal. Get him in there with fresh legs for the second half of the season and playoffs.

It was a thing of beauty shutting down the KC offense and I definitely didn’t think we could do it again. And then it happened, almost the exact result as far as the numbers go. That got my respect. Rarely see something like that in the NFL and if you did it was usually against us. Nice to see the tables turn. Both games will always be two of my favorite Bengal games of all time.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I watched him at Texas and he’s a beast

He picked Burrow off in the LSU vs Texas game.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: At what Lou Anarumo and his gang did to the Chiefs in the 2nd half of the game..... twice!!! I really can't wait to see what the addition of Ossai and hopefully one of the best DB or DT in the draft gives him. And I hope we can pick LarryO back up on the cheap with the knowledge he'll start the season on IR to let him fully heal. Get him in there with fresh legs for the second half of the season and playoffs.

Lou, and his defense were the unsung heroes of the post season run.  The offense was exposed facing the best defensive fronts and the line just couldn't hold up (Note:  KC is not one of those lines, but Tennessee and Vegas are...ditto the Rams).

The fact that he did it without an Aaron Donald or Myles Garrett-type shows their overall aptitude in terms of their scheme and having no real holes on the defense.

It was a thing of beauty to observe, no doubt. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even more in the AFC Championship, that was wild how Lou's D went from getting torched by Mahomes to adjusting in 
the second half and Mahomes not knowing what the hell was going on. 3 man rush and cover your guys and our rush still
got home, it was pretty amazing, that is the correct word for it.

I was one of the guys calling for Lou's head after the 2020 season. I was wrong, he knows what he is doing.

I don't hate the guy like I do "The Pig", but I loved seeing Mahomes with this WTF??? look on his face after the game.  He couldn't believe what had just happened....

I am sure he will see a LOT of that next year....
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't hate the guy like I do "The Pig", but I loved seeing Mahomes with this WTF??? look on his face after the game.  He couldn't believe what had just happened....

Especially after he had that smirk on his face in the first game when they went up by two tds, that looked like he thought the Bengals didn't belong on the same field as him. 
I loved to confidence during the AFCN Championship game, when KC won the toss and took the ball. Allen is on the bench telling Chase, if we stop them, we only need a field goal to win...... and we're gonna stop them."  This team is so different than teams in the past.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't hate the guy like I do "The Pig", but I loved seeing Mahomes with this WTF??? look on his face after the game.  He couldn't believe what had just happened....

Yeah, he got a little cocky and then we wiped that look off his face. Smirk  It was fun, I love this Defense.

Should only improve while we add more talent that fits Lou's scheme.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he got a little cocky and then we wiped that look off his face. Smirk  It was fun, I love this Defense.

Bates telling Tyreek Hill "It's 4th down Reek, we're gonna see" and then Bates tipping the interception to Bell was classic.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bates telling Tyreek Hill "It's 4th down Reek, we're gonna see" and then Bates tipping the interception to Bell was classic.

Yes, awesome moment in Jessie's career. Hope he has many more with us and we extend him soon and he is happy.

He better be happy is all I can say. If he just wants to chase money we should Draft a Safety like Brisker and think about 
trading him. Love Bates but have heard some grumblings about him not being happy unless it is elite Safety money which 
he hasn't earned yet IMO. He is a top 10 Safety and that is what he should take contract wise.
Reply/Quote
I had given up in the 1st half. I wasn't gonna quit watching and I wasn't upset because we had made it that far. I was a little defeated thinking about what we would need to add on defense to stop them in the future. When we started making our comeback in the 2nd half it felt off and I honestly thought Mahommes was throwing the game. But seeing breakdowns after the game and then rewatching the game I really think we just made an amazing adjustment that just about every player on defense thrived under. The secondary passed off assignments seamlessly. The 3 man rush dropping players in coverage confused Mahommes. Hubbard had some really good snaps as the lineman dropping into coverage.
Reply/Quote
Honey Badger was setting the defense, and Burrow had him completely baffled...
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 07:30 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I had given up in the 1st half. I wasn't gonna quit watching and I wasn't upset because we had made it that far. I was a little defeated thinking about what we would need to add on defense to stop them in the future. When we started making our comeback in the 2nd half it felt off and I honestly thought Mahommes was throwing the game. But seeing breakdowns after the game and then rewatching the game I really think we just made an amazing adjustment that just about every player on defense thrived under. The secondary passed off assignments seamlessly. The 3 man rush dropping players in coverage confused Mahommes. Hubbard had some really good snaps as the lineman dropping into coverage.

Hubbard had the game of his life that night. Hope he has more but that is a tough one to out do.

(03-23-2022, 09:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Honey Badger was setting the defense, and Burrow had him completely baffled...

Like he said, he is really smart, that wasn't a play call, he planned that or something alike is what Matthieu said...

That was Burrow magic, at least that is what I call it.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he got a little cocky and then we wiped that look off his face. Smirk  It was fun, I love this Defense.

Wow, and in the last 24 hours, the Chiefs lost Tyreek Hill to the....dolphins?  Holy Shit.  

Chiefs already had a suspect defense... I think Raiders might surprise and at +510 to win their division, a fun bet.  

I didn't know Derek Carr and Davonte Adams are best friends and played together at Fresno State.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow, and in the last 24 hours, the Chiefs lost Tyreek Hill to the....dolphins?  Holy Shit.  

Chiefs already had a suspect defense... I think Raiders might surprise and at +510 to win their division, a fun bet.  

I didn't know Derek Carr and Davonte Adams are best friends and played together at Fresno State.  

Adams redshirted the only year they were together at Fresno State. They are definitely friends but nowhere close to best friends.
Reply/Quote
We have a heck of a schedule next year on paper, the continuity of players and coaches will be a big bonus.
Reply/Quote
One of the most important elements of a team elevating to the upper tier of NFL teams is confidence. The Bengals under Taylor’s leadership were like a college student testing out of some hours. It was a quick jump. The confidence level of this team as well as the continuity should pay big dividends
Reply/Quote
A lot of people wanted Lou fired. I had mixed feelings about him but I was calling for his head a few times early in his career with the Bengals. Now I think he's a mastermind. I just hope the Bengals grab a couple corners in the draft
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote