Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
76 sacks projected
(09-20-2021, 01:42 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Not exactly the kind of record you want to be in contention for. Ninja

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/9/19/22682933/joe-burrow-nfl-record-sacks-david-carr-texans-news

Tiger WhoDey2

But we did so much to improve the line this year Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 07:05 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: C'mon man....please forgive me for having a life outside of these boards, working a full time job,

Let me stop you right there and point out that I was being facetious.  I rarely say c'mon when I'm trying to legitimately rake someone over the coals.  THough I will reiterate that it is a bit funny you'd think we could go 24 seconds much less 24 hours without going ape-poo over the lousy line.

My jokingly hard time response was more taking a shot at how instantly pessimistic this board becomes when the same bad stuff goes wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 07:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me stop you right there and point out that I was being facetious.  I rarely say c'mon when I'm trying to legitimately rake someone over the coals.  THough I will reiterate that it is a bit funny you'd think we could go 24 seconds much less 24 hours without going ape-poo over the lousy line.

My jokingly hard time response was more taking a shot at how instantly pessimistic this board becomes when the same bad stuff goes wrong.

You're a monster.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 07:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You're a monster.

[Image: 756956e545fcd982026ef219cd5ddee2.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 07:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You're a monster.

(09-20-2021, 07:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: 756956e545fcd982026ef219cd5ddee2.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Thought Pollack would fix things...serious blame across board line, rbs and Burrow holding ball.. other problem is Burrow is not moving we to get out of pocket
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Thought Pollack would fix things...serious blame across board line, rbs and Burrow holding ball.. other problem is Burrow is not moving we to get out of pocket

Too early to say Pollack hasn't fixed things. He has had one heck of a job in one Offseason trying to re-correct what Turner had 
going. That was a damn good DL we played and I am just glad it happened early in the year and we are at .500 right now. If it 
starts getting really out of hand against Pitt I will start to lay blame on the OL. Hopkins is a problem right now and XSF is hurt.

Good time to put in our new rookies that kept improving during the preseason in Trey Hill and Jackson Carman.

Might also need to give Evans more snaps in pass protection on blitz pickup if Perine and Mixon continue to struggle.

Changes can be made to turn these things around and it is early.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How bizarre is it that a nearly 30 year old RB departing has had such a debilitating effect upon our blocking?  Pollack's scheme falls apart without the right RB?  Wacky. 

Gio will get his Super Bowl ring. Every Bengal hanging out with Brady gets that privilege.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Thought Pollack would fix things...serious blame across board line, rbs and Burrow holding ball.. other problem is Burrow is not moving we to get out of pocket

Burrow was moving better week 1 before he injured his ankle.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow was moving better week 1 before he injured his ankle.

So is that the excuse from week 2 as to why he stood in the pocket like he's old as dirt?  

Dude showed 0 want to run last week.  He just collapsed once the pocket got to him.  

To me he looks like he's a little bit gun shy and doesn't trust his OL (but why would he?). 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But Gio was overpaid, right?

Right, we never gave up any sacks when Gio was playing last year.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:07 PM)TJ528 Wrote: So is that the excuse from week 2 as to why he stood in the pocket like he's old as dirt?  

Dude showed 0 want to run last week.  He just collapsed once the pocket got to him.  

To me he looks like he's a little bit gun shy and doesn't trust his OL (but why would he?). 

He's definitely injured, well hurt (again). I think that was pretty clear last week. Week 1 he pivoted, spun, moved, rolled out from under center. Looked fairly mobile.

This week he wasn't even healthy enough to drop back from under center much, and could barely move around. I think they are downplaying it, but the eye test shows he is not right physically. And we saw the injury take place. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So far 9 sacks given up. Of them in Wk 1 3 were on backs and TEs missing their assignments. In Week 2 it seems 2 were on the backs and also one of Burrow's INTs. Burrow isn't blameless here either as he is holding the ball too long and not moving at all back there. And what to me is the biggest culprit - the braindead offensive play designs and calls that seem designed to help the defense tee off and hang out line out to dry.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's definitely injured, well hurt (again). I think that was pretty clear last week. Week 1 he pivoted, spun, moved, rolled out from under center. Looked fairly mobile.

This week he wasn't even healthy enough to drop back from under center much, and could barely move around. I think they are downplaying it, but the eye test shows he is not right physically. And we saw the injury take place. 

If he can't move in the pocket, then he's a liability to his team on the field.  

Put in Allen, at least he can move around.  Let Burrow get semi healthy again.  

He's no good to you on the field if he's playing at 75%. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, we never gave up any sacks when Gio was playing last year.

Rolleyes

He had pff's 7th best pass blocking grade for a RB last year

So yes we gave up sacks but it seems gio was blocking his assignment
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: So far 9 sacks given up. Of them in Wk 1 3 were on backs and TEs missing their assignments. In Week 2 it seems 2 were on the backs and also one of Burrow's INTs. Burrow isn't blameless here either as he is holding the ball too long and not moving at all back there. And what to me is the biggest culprit - the braindead offensive play designs and calls that seem designed to help the defense tee off and hang out line out to dry.

All true, this is what needs to be fixed and we won't be on record pace no more...
Reply/Quote