Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time for a trade
I know this is wishful thinking, but the Bengals should REALLY explore a trade for another quality offensive lineman.

What they have now just isn't working and its really the only way to get a quality guy two games into the season. Maybe it's thinking a little too far outside the box for Tobin and the crew, but I don't see the harm in dumping a 2nd or 3rd round pick to upgrade the weakest part of our team.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know this is wishful thinking, but the Bengals should REALLY explore a trade for another quality offensive lineman.

What they have now just isn't working and its really the only way to get a quality guy two games into the season. Maybe it's thinking a little too far outside the box for Tobin and the crew, but I don't see the harm in dumping a 2nd or 3rd round pick to upgrade the weakest part of our team.

What team has one     that also has a need maybe on DL were we have a surplus.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know this is wishful thinking, but the Bengals should REALLY explore a trade for another quality offensive lineman.

The Bengals haven never been known to give up a draft pick during the season, nor make in season trades.  

They will live or die with what they currently have on the roster and make improvements next off season. 

So our best hope is they improve as we go along through the season. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:45 AM)TJ528 Wrote: The Bengals haven never been known to give up a draft pick during the season, nor make in season trades.  

They will live or die with what they currently have on the roster and make improvements next off season. 

So our best hope is they improve as we go along through the season. 

Was Cordy Glenn before the season or during?

That's a shame then, especially with your franchise QBs life on the line. 

They are willing to change their entire offensive game plan to try and protect him, why not go out and actually obtain a player that can do that for you. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Was Cordy Glenn before the season or during?

That's a shame then, especially with your franchise QBs life on the line. 

They are willing to change their entire offensive game plan to try and protect him, why not go out and actually obtain a player that can do that for you. 

glenn was during the draft we went back like 8-9 picks and picked him and his contract up.  then drafted.. Price?? i believe.

They had all offseason to make some moves... and they only brought in 1 bandaid... Most of us were complaining to that effect all offseason
Reply/Quote
I don't believe in a struggling on the hot seat HC mortgaging the future. I don't want to see Burrow injured again as that may be it for his career, even though it's looking likely. But it's not fair to the next HC to not have those picks to build the team. If Zac's job was secure, then yes, but coaches giving up the next coaches draft picks to me seems counter productive. We need to prepare for the rebuild next year, and with the rebuild, we'll need picks.

I feel like we saw that in Houston and some other places I can't think of right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Get Carman, Smith, or Hill in there before you go trading away picks or players.

Right now C is the biggest problem. If Hopkins doesn’t get back to form soon they’ll need to try something.

Reply/Quote
What team is trading away a good quality starting lineman 2 games into the season? Every team is still in contention right now and thinks they have a chance at the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Get Carman, Smith, or Hill in there before you go trading away picks or players.

Right now C is the biggest problem. If Hopkins doesn’t get back to form soon they’ll need to try something.

exactly....ZT once again screwed the pooch in offseason to not fully address this continual nightmare. Does Burrow survive  Pitt ? At this rate hes toast by week 6. Was watching the Chargers/ Dallas game yesterday and Damn that Cowboys line was looking good and back to its old form.
 One can only dream in Cincy for something close to that.  and BTW, Herbert still is very very impressive...
He rocketed a ball something like 65 yds across the field...the guy has amazing arm strength and accuracy. We missed te boat on that people.  
Reply/Quote
Is Reiter still available? I haven't checked so I don't know. Now may be the time to bring him again for a workout and try to sign him. Hopkins is absolutely the weakest part of the OLine right now. I also have no problem letting Hill take some snaps. We have to do something.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:11 AM)kalibengal Wrote: exactly....ZT once again screwed the pooch in offseason to not fully address this continual nightmare. Does Burrow survive  Pitt ? At this rate hes toast by week 6. Was watching the Chargers/ Dallas game yesterday and Damn that Cowboys line was looking good and back to its old form.
 One can only dream in Cincy for something close to that.  and BTW, Herbert still is very very impressive...
He rocketed a ball something like 65 yds across the field...the guy has amazing arm strength and accuracy. We missed te boat on that people.  

Herbert has more INT’s than he does TD’s right now. Let’s not put him in Canton just yet.

Yes, he’s good, but so is Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:13 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Is Reiter still available? I haven't checked so I don't know. Now may be the time to bring him again for a workout and try to sign him. Hopkins is absolutely the weakest part of the OLine right now. I also have no problem letting Hill take some snaps. We have to do something.

Teams must not have liked his medicals. He had a bunch of visits, but never signed anywhere.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Teams must not have liked his medicals. He had a bunch of visits, but never signed anywhere.

I think or thought I read he was on a practice squad. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think or thought I read he was on a practice squad. 

Looks like the Saints signed him. I hasn’t seen that.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Get Carman, Smith, or Hill in there before you go trading away picks or players.

Well I mean everyone thought when Pollack came back he was going to work miracles.  

Pollack starts guys who he thinks are better than their back ups unlike Jim Turner. 

So it'd be my assumption that Pollack thinks Hopkins is still a better option than Hill.  

Just like I'm sure he think's both IOL are better options than their back ups as of now.  

So if we brought in a guy everyone on here in the off season said they trusted and he was the best hire of the off season maybe trust it can be MUCH worse if we were playing guys you want to play.  

Trust me, i think this OL is absolute garbage but give it til game 8 and see if you see improvement.  By then you'll know whether Pollacks worth the money the Bengals are paying him.
Reply/Quote
Yes. Thank you all. So many saying the blame was on the 'scheme.' OL is terrible and we need to make moves now if Burrow is going to survive the Steelers...Chargers...and other upcoming.

Don't know the deets about Boyd's contract but we are fat at WR right now. Bet we could get a good OL for him. (PS I am a huge Boyd fan...but we need to improve the OL stat.)

To those that say Brown doesn't do that during the season - well...it's a New Dey, right?

Make the moves now!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:58 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Well I mean everyone thought when Pollack came back he was going to work miracles.  

Pollack starts guys who he thinks are better than their back ups unlike Jim Turner. 

So it'd be my assumption that Pollack thinks Hopkins is still a better option than Hill.  

Just like I'm sure he think's both IOL are better options than their back ups as of now.  

So if we brought in a guy everyone on here in the off season said they trusted and he was the best hire of the off season maybe trust it can be MUCH worse if we were playing guys you want to play.  

Trust me, i think this OL is absolute garbage but give it til game 8 and see if you see improvement.  By then you'll know whether Pollacks worth the money the Bengals are paying him.

Well, I don’t think anyone truly expected “miracles” out of Pollack, just that he’d be much better than Turner. And I think he will be. But he got saddled with a center that doesn’t look ready after returning from a serious injury, and at least some of the hits Burrow is taking are on the RB’s. They’ve been terrible in pass protection.

But yes, the OL has to be much, much better.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:06 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Yes. Thank you all. So many saying the blame was on the 'scheme.' OL is terrible and we need to make moves now if Burrow is going to survive the Steelers...Chargers...and other upcoming.

Don't know the deets about Boyd's contract but we are fat at WR right now. Bet we could get a good OL for him. (PS I am a huge Boyd fan...but we need to improve the OL stat.)

To those that say Brown doesn't do that during the season - well...it's a New Dey, right?

Make the moves now!

Tell that to Elizabeth its a New Dey and in season trades are a real thing....maybe she'll relay that to Grandpa!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:06 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Yes. Thank you all. So many saying the blame was on the 'scheme.' OL is terrible and we need to make moves now if Burrow is going to survive the Steelers...Chargers...and other upcoming.

Make the moves now!

Watch the game - the scheme WAS to blame for a lot of it. Empty backfields are terrible when you are dealing with a strong defensive front. Taylor's theory was it spreads the defense out - but what if the defense has 8 guys up within 10 yards like the bears did all day? They sat on the short routes and Taylor was refusing to go deep until it was too late. Even with his receivers and Burrow telling him they needed to do so. 

If Taylor had ACTUALLY wanted to protect Burrow he should have done Max Protect and sent his receivers a LOT deeper. Challenge the secondary and with the TE and back (or 2 TE) helping the line Burrow will be able to get the ball out there. Also, on a LOT of plays Burrow had time and a pocket but the play design gave him nowhere to throw. 
Reply/Quote
Nobody in yet with a, "Who would trade for Zac?" quip?
Reply/Quote