Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time for a trade
(09-20-2021, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopkins playing poorly (especially in pass protection) is really head scratching to me.
I did watch the game, but I didn't get good enough looks at the bar to see if he was being hampered by his injury from last year.

I haven't watched it back again, but he was better yesterday. I feel like he was late to get over to help once that resulted in a pressure off the top of my head.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They had all offseason to make some moves... and they only brought in 1 bandaid...    Most of us were complaining to that effect all offseason

Now wait just a minute there.  Didn't you hear that Reiff was the 10th highest paid RT, Spain/XSF (the castoffs) have however many combined starts between them and if that's not enough, we used TWO draft picks for fix the OL?!?  Rolleyes

Joe Burrow gets his knee completely mangled and the above is the Bengals solution.  The FO gets an "F" again this year for the OL.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 05:31 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Now wait just a minute there.  Didn't you hear that Reiff was the 10th highest paid RT, Spain/XSF (the castoffs) have however many combined starts between them and if that's not enough, we used TWO draft picks for fix the OL?!?  Rolleyes

Joe Burrow gets his knee completely mangled and the above is the Bengals solution.  The FO gets an "F" again this year for the OL.

The biggest concern was the IOL.
Thuney hasn't been great for KC yet, but he's been better than XSF, that's for sure.
Corey Linsley has not been good for the Chargers thus far.
Trai Turner also hasn't been great for Steelers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we should look into trade options, but I also think we need to give Mixon the ball more to keep the defense near the line so receivers can get open more and quicker. 20 carries was far too few.

We also need to keep Mixon in the backfield to block more because the line is getting destroyed.

Look at teams with quality backups that we can get without breaking the bank. Teams need depth but might be willing to part ways with a player, especially one in a contract year.

I also think that we need to give our young guys a chance because it can't get much worse.
Reply/Quote
Quote:I also think that we need to give our young guys a chance because it can't get much worse.

Uhh,,yeah. It CAN get a whole lot worse if they don't pan out, but I have a nagging feeling Carmen is a bust waiting to happen. I could be dead wrong on this and hope I am, but he certainly wouldn't be the first Olineman bust in recent memory.
Smith will probably turn out just fine, but the only real play we've seen of him has been preseason stuff. I doubt he'll be a bust, but he's going to take his own lumps before getting inducted to Canton. I have a feeling we'll see Smith before Carmen just because I have a feeling that Hopkins knee ain't gonna hold up.
We can argue all day about whether Chase was worth the Olineman in Detroit, but he's appears to be the real deal with the ability to take the top off defenses, a true #1 receiver we haven't had for a while now. That pick was for better or worse a damned if you do, damned if you don't pick.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 08:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: Uhh,,yeah. It CAN get a whole lot worse if they don't pan out, but I have a nagging feeling Carmen is a bust waiting to happen. I could be dead wrong on this and hope I am, but he certainly wouldn't be the first Olineman bust in recent memory.
Smith will probably turn out just fine, but the only real play we've seen of him has been preseason stuff. I doubt he'll be a bust, but he's going to take his own lumps before getting inducted to Canton. I have a feeling we'll see Smith before Carmen just because I have a feeling that Hopkins knee ain't gonna hold up.
We can argue all day about whether Chase was worth the Olineman in Detroit, but he's appears to be the real deal with the ability to take the top off defenses, a true #1 receiver we haven't had for a while now. That pick was for better or worse a damned if you do, damned if you don't pick.
the fact hes (Carman) only getting promoted cause of injury and not cause of how bad the OL has been should have us worried.
Reply/Quote