Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's time to accept....
Most of us are never seeing a super bowl win... That was just as hard a loss as the superbowl.. It's wa a fun ride while it lasted see you at draft time boys..
Reply/Quote
This in no way was as bad as losing in the SB
-Housh
Reply/Quote
window is still wide open...no need to give up yet
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll be back.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:54 AM)Tony Wrote: Most of us are never seeing a super bowl win... That was just as hard a loss as the superbowl.. It's wa a fun ride while it lasted see you at draft time boys..

Bye
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Window is wide open. Need to stay healthy next year, get more depth in the draft, etc. Regroup and we're in the mix next January for sure.
Reply/Quote
Tonight actually made me more confident moving forward. I felt like we sleepwalked our way through the AFCCG tonight, and still should've won it.

We are very elite, and we are very much an AFC front runner again next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:54 AM)Tony Wrote: Most of us are never seeing a super bowl win... That was just as hard a loss as the superbowl.. It's wa a fun ride while it lasted see you at draft time boys..

Seriously? We just came damn close to getting to back to back super bowls with a swiss cheese O-line. If we get to the playoffs next year with the line relatively intact, then I wouldn't want to be the team facing us. 
Reply/Quote
The window is Joe’s whole career. He wasn’t wrong. That said, we need to go ALL in this offseason for next year. Don’t worry about eating extensions on this years cap. Keep star players on rookie cap hits this year and load up on talent. Not just starters but depth guys too on one year deals. Injuries happen, we have a chance to put a better team out there next year than this year. Don’t get so worried about the future we sacrifice anything next year. That will be our best shot at ever winning a SB. All in.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:01 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Tonight actually made me more confident moving forward. I felt like we sleepwalked our way through the AFCCG tonight, and still should've won it.

We are very elite, and we are very much an AFC front runner again next year.

Losing makes you confident?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Tony Wrote: Losing makes you confident?

Well, the Bills lost last year and they were crowned champs and favorites all off-season and season...so maybe.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:56 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: window is still wide open...no need to give up yet

2 maybe 3 year window unless we have good drafts 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, the Bills lost last year and they were crowned champs and favorites all off-season and season...so maybe.

I mean,  you got a point.. I just put this whole game on Adeniji , Sharping and Volson. It is what it is... The Oline is always the downfall. I doubt they will have the Bengals as a favorite..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Tony Wrote: Losing makes you confident?

We lost a nailbiter, right at the end, due to an incredibly dumb penalty. 

We didn't play all that great imo, and lost a heartbreaker last second FG, to the apparent next dynasty. At their house.

If we'd played towards our best, we win that game. If the Bengals offence had an extra 5% or so in them in these last two years, we'd be the defending SB champions going back to the SB, right now.

Knowing that makes me very confident yes.
Reply/Quote
Will be a very different team next year. They’re going to lose a lot of key players. And a lot of those B list FA signings won’t magically transform into studs. Bengals need all the stars to align to win. The franchise’s history shows you that.

And then they have to pay Burrow gazillions, hopefully pay Chase & Higgins, and there won’t be any money left. Teams like this have to win in the rookie contract window. Our time is just about up.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I think more top players might want to come here and play now, which helps
Reply/Quote
People can scream Dan Marino if they want, but I’d rather bring up John Elway. He lost his first 3 Super Bowls, and then ended up winning the next 2. I have no doubt in my mind Burrow will win one as a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:15 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 2 maybe 3 year window unless we have good drafts 

and that's the same for any team. Don't draft good, then product goes down.
I think we will be ok there.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:22 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Will be a very different team next year. They’re going to lose a lot of key players. And a lot of those B list FA signings won’t magically transform into studs. Bengals need all the stars to align to win. The franchise’s history shows you that.

And then they have to pay Burrow gazillions, hopefully pay Chase & Higgins, and there won’t be any money left. Teams like this have to win in the rookie contract window. Our time is just about up.

Ya , I really think they got 1 more shot at it but this was a devastating loss... EHH what can you do? Still better than the 90s, just hurts different. At least when they suck there is no expectations..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:22 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Will be a very different team next year. They’re going to lose a lot of key players. And a lot of those B list FA signings won’t magically transform into studs. Bengals need all the stars to align to win. The franchise’s history shows you that.

Who are all the key players they are going to lose next year? 

Bates, Pratt and ?

Does Burrows cap hit impact us next season?

Reply/Quote