Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to go get Rick Wagner
Reiff is already dinged up, Fred Johnson also has an injury.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/04/bengals-training-camp-injuries-riley-reiff-offensive-line/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1sFMxtCLlauJzBhpu9QGaJjQXR5N1uevi_7EhmlD8Lu9X07fkdKooGGms

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals were never going to fully avoid the injury bug in training camp.

And after the first day in pads, it’s already popped up at a key area — the offensive line.

New starting right tackle Riley Reiff missed Tuesday’s padded practice after suffering an injury during an interception return that occurred on Monday. It’s a minor thing, but he’s now missing key snaps with the first-team offense right as everyone dons pads.

Backup tackle Fred Johnson also has a quad injury that will keep him out at least a week.

This might not sound like the biggest ordeal and indeed, these are minor issues. But missing two tackles meant fourth-round rookie D’Ante Smith got thrown to the wolves in practice. Viewed as a project with major upside in a few years, Smith got brutalized by first-team defenders and it didn’t help an offense already struggling against a game defense.

With any luck, Johnson and Reiff will be back soon to help stabilize things and this isn’t a sign of things to come. But it speaks to a depth issue when a rookie is the next guy up, so it’s something that might encourage the team to make another move on a free agent.

The Bengals hope Reiff is a big upgrade at right tackle and he’s never missed more than three games in a season, so they’re clearly hoping this goes away quick and is an anomaly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Geez. Someone send Troy to Wal Mart with the checkbook. Side note, wasn't Rick Wagner a guitarist in Grand Funk Railroad, or something?
Reply/Quote
This would be a great move. I wouldnt stop there right now either. There are a couple 2 or 3 guys out there who could help us with depth and competition.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't Ricky have to start? All for it, just might need to move some guys around. Doesn't matter need to add a proven vet
right now no question to protect Burrow on the edge. Have to ask how healthy Wagner is of course. Doesn't matter if he is hurt.

Also have to ask if Wagner has played Guard much, I DO think Jonah could be a damn fine Guard.

Reiff should be back soon but we still need depth and pushing a guy like Carman, Spain or XSF to depth might not be a bad
thing depending on who isn't ready come opening day.
Reply/Quote
Sounds good to me.. why not better your worst positon on the team
Reply/Quote
Isnt Rick Wagner retiring?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez.  Someone send Troy to Wal Mart with the checkbook.  Side note, wasn't Rick Wagner a guitarist in Grand Funk Railroad, or something?

I always crack up at his snarky Tackles at Walmart comment. Like, WTF was he thinking saying that?!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I always crack up at his snarky Tackles at Walmart comment. Like, WTF was he thinking saying that?!

[Image: 0ZVelB.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez.  Someone send Troy to Wal Mart with the checkbook.  Side note, wasn't Rick Wagner a guitarist in Grand Funk Railroad, or something?

No Mark Farner was the guitarist for Grand Funk, your thinking of Dick Wagner who was a hired gun guitarist/singer songwriter for alot of bands like Kiss, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: No Mark Farner was the guitarist for Grand Funk, your thinking of Dick Wagner who was a hired gun guitarist/singer songwriter for alot of bands like Kiss, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith.

My beloved KISS would never stoop so low as to secretly use ghost players on albums!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Isnt Rick Wagner retiring?

He's only 31, if a team came calling, I'm sure the game playing spirit would come back.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's only 31, if a team came calling, I'm sure the game playing spirit would come back.

What makes you sure? Cause you hope for it? 

Now Mitchell Schwartz; that dude is trying to come back. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What makes you sure? Cause you hope foe it? 

Now Mitchell Schwartz; that dude is trying to come back. 

BRING MITCH IN!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's only 31, if a team came calling, I'm sure the game playing spirit would come back.

Theres articles saying his wanting to retire was the reason he was cut by the Packers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Judging by the news about how the O-Line has been struggling against the defense, the Bengals may need to bring in someone anyway regardless of injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:17 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Judging by the news about how the O-Line has been struggling against the defense, the Bengals may need to bring in someone anyway regardless of injury.

For sure. I would like Schwartz the most depending on injury and if we cannot coerce Wagner out of the retirement thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My beloved KISS would never stoop so low as to secretly use ghost players on albums!  Ninja

Never!!! Kiss? Loyal to a fault those masked men are!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 11:43 PM)GodFather Wrote: Never!!! Kiss? Loyal to a fault those masked men are!

So repetitive... Sick
Reply/Quote
Smile 
No way. He’ll get Rick Rolled by the defensive line.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My beloved KISS would never stoop so low as to secretly use ghost players on albums!  Ninja

There's no replacing the space man.

As to the Oline I'm not sure how they can avoid bringing in some depth ?
Reply/Quote