Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to make the move official
(12-14-2018, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't get on board with shifting Glenn to the Right side of the OL, at all.  If he's ineffective at run blocking as a LT, those deficiencies will only get magnified by putting him on the Right side.  And, as for putting him at RG?  Do you really want him going one on one with all of the awesome 3 technique DTs in the league?  I know that I don't want to see that happen.

Cordy Glenn did what the Bengals needed him to, be a high-priced emergency LT.  It's sad that he never regained form from his injuries, etc., but there is no use in continuing to dish out the 6th highest OT money to a guy that barely rates as a starter compared to his contemporaries.

It just boggles my mind that a guy that big cannot run block.

You might be correct and we should move on cause Andre CAN run block and play decent at RT atleast.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It just boggles my mind that a guy that big cannot run block.

You might be correct and we should move on cause Andre CAN run block and play decent at RT atleast.

Glenn has one problem--he's too ***** fat.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: Glenn has one problem--he's too ***** fat.

I agree, that limits a player some lol
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, that limits a player some lol

And the older he gets, the more injured he gets.  It don't take Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It just boggles my mind that a guy that big cannot run block.

One idea that I have for a plan at OT, is to go ahead and let Clint Boling take the LT job, sign Andre Smith to another one year deal, cut Cordy Glenn and reinvest that money in the best free agent RT and or G that comes on the market, and then draft the LT prospect for the future.  Then you have Boling at LT, Westerman at LG, Price at C, Hopkins/Redmond/FA/Rookie at RG, and FA at RT.  Andre Smith can be the swing tackle/1st backup to either Tackle spot, while the rookie gets to comfortably develop at his own pace.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One idea that I have for a plan at OT, is to go ahead and let Clint Boling take the LT job, sign Andre Smith to another one year deal, cut Cordy Glenn and reinvest that money in the best free agent RT and or G that comes on the market, and then draft the LT prospect for the future.  Then you have Boling at LT, Westerman at LG, Price at C, Hopkins/Redmond/FA/Rookie at RG, and FA at RT.  Andre Smith can be the swing tackle/1st backup to either Tackle spot, while the rookie gets to comfortably develop at his own pace.

I am on board with that plan Sunset. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am on board with that plan Sunset. Cool

I mean, that's one idea.  An alternate plan might be if they decide on defense in the 1st round, then they just draft the best RT and/or G prospect that falls to them at the top of the 2nd round.  Then, they just might want to pick up a couple of journeymen in free agency, or start exploring the possibility of trading for a strong up and comer that is still on a rookie deal.  (yeah, those type of trades don't happen very often..)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 05:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What part of paying Glenn $9 million a year do you like? That's the 6th highest paid Tackle in the NFL.

IF we could waive him with no cap hit...we could likely go out and sign a player that actually plays like a Top 10 Tackle.

You act like $9 million a year is a value. ONLY 5 guys are paid higher.

Corey Glenn’s 2019 salary cap value is 19th highest for LTs, not 6th.
https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/2019/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yeah as there are a lot of changes that need to be made. As a team not just on positions. But that starts as me thinks Lewis will be on the way out. Starting with him!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One idea that I have for a plan at OT, is to go ahead and let Clint Boling take the LT job, sign Andre Smith to another one year deal, cut Cordy Glenn and reinvest that money in the best free agent RT and or G that comes on the market, and then draft the LT prospect for the future.  Then you have Boling at LT, Westerman at LG, Price at C, Hopkins/Redmond/FA/Rookie at RG, and FA at RT.  Andre Smith can be the swing tackle/1st backup to either Tackle spot, while the rookie gets to comfortably develop at his own pace.

I like the overall concept, except that I would rather give Cordy Glenn a legitimate shot at RT. I think at this point in his career, he may very well be better suited there, assuming he is healthy of course. If another option at center could be acquired somehow, I would also like to see what Price looks like at RG. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 07:09 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I like the overall concept, except that I would rather give Cordy Glenn a legitimate shot at RT. I think at this point in his career, he may very well be better suited there, assuming he is healthy of course. If another option at center could be acquired somehow, I would also like to see what Price looks like at RG. 

Hmm, what exactly about Cordy Glenn's game speaks "possibly good at RT" to you?  RT is typically for the man who has great run blocking ability, and is maybe half a step slower in pass pro that typical LTs.  In my opinion, not only is Cordy Glenn slow versus speed rushers on the Left side, but for such a huge man, his run blocking looks rather forced, as in he really would rather not have to do it.

In all fairness to the man, part of it could be from the injuries that he's never fully recovered from.  Either way, he's no where near worth the value of the contract that the Bengals absorbed.  He's the 6th highest paid LT in the entire NFL, and his PFF ratings have him near the bottom of all starting offensive Tackles.  

Unless he's willing to renegotiate his contract for significantly less money, which I highly doubt, the Bengals would be best served to cut him and use that money in the free agent market.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 07:09 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I like the overall concept, except that I would rather give Cordy Glenn a legitimate shot at RT. I think at this point in his career, he may very well be better suited there, assuming he is healthy of course. If another option at center could be acquired somehow, I would also like to see what Price looks like at RG. 

The issue with Glenn is he's had a lot of injuries over the past 3 years. He's a big guy...both tall and weight size. I wonder if his body just can't handle the rigors of the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, what exactly about Cordy Glenn's game speaks "possibly good at RT" to you?  RT is typically for the man who has great run blocking ability, and is maybe half a step slower in pass pro that typical LTs.  In my opinion, not only is Cordy Glenn slow versus speed rushers on the Left side, but for such a huge man, his run blocking looks rather forced, as in he really would rather not have to do it.

In all fairness to the man, part of it could be from the injuries that he's never fully recovered from.  Either way, he's no where near worth the value of the contract that the Bengals absorbed.  He's the 6th highest paid LT in the entire NFL, and his PFF ratings have him near the bottom of all starting offensive Tackles.  

Unless he's willing to renegotiate his contract for significantly less money, which I highly doubt, the Bengals would be best served to cut him and use that money in the free agent market.

I agree. He seems more like a finesse blocker to me than a power guy.

Interestingly, he might have fit in better with PA's scheme.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 07:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree. He seems more like a finesse blocker to me than a power guy.

Interestingly, he might have fit in better with PA's scheme.  Hilarious

Great!  We can ship Glenn down to the Cowboys, wait...   Nevermind.   Hilarious

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great!  We can ship Glenn down to the Cowboys, wait...   Nevermind.   Hilarious

I think our draft will come down to Tackle or QB where we pick.

It will either be Risner, Lock, or Haskins.

You know that the Bengals LOVE OSU guys...so I'm sure Haskins will be tempting.
Reply/Quote
Rearranging the current Cincinnati offensive linemen is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. That ship is going down.
Reply/Quote
How is this any different then last year? Draft a high Rookie at RG and RT I am all for but I don't see us getting an upgrade from FA.

P.S. I don't see Boling as an answer at LT just a bandaid at best.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:38 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: How is this any different then last year? Draft a high Rookie at RG and RT I am all for but I don't see us getting an upgrade from FA.

P.S. I don't see Boling as an answer at LT just a bandaid at best.

Here's the list of all OTs that are scheduled to be free agents in 2019.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tackle/

Just from a quick glance, Seantrell Henderson looks like a great player to target.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the list of all OTs that are scheduled to be free agents in 2019.

Just from a quick glance, Seantrell Henderson looks like a great player to target.
All the good ones should be gone by the draft lets re-visit this right before the draft because I do not see us getting a good one in FA.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the list of all OTs that are scheduled to be free agents in 2019.

Most of the other guys are 30 or older that guy might be the top RT in FA I know you don't expect us to land the top guy the way we do FA. 
Reply/Quote