Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's time we moved on from Price
Dude was horrible today. Put Trey Hopkins at center, move Price to Guard, and Boling to tackle.

You don't have assey snaps like that at this level. You just don't. This guy gives me a ton of Russell Bodine vibes. Maybe a position like guard will be better suited from him. He's clearly a mauler type.
Reply/Quote
Jeeez..of all the problems this team has and you wanna pick on a rookie who's already missed a good chunk of the  season to injury.. 
On the other hand there might be some good minnow recipes out there instead of bigger fish to fry..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I disagree that it’s time to move on. This is reactionary and way too soon.

With that being said, he was absolutely MISERABLE today and has yet to play a good game all season.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:40 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Dude was horrible today. Put Trey Hopkins at center, move Price to Guard, and Boling to tackle.

You don't have assey snaps like that at this level. You just don't. This guy gives me a ton of Russell Bodine vibes. Maybe a position like guard will be better suited from him. He's clearly a mauler type.

I don't think you can move on from your rookie rd1 pick at this point.

That said I have not understood in other threads where people have the love for Price...i'm not sure he has been that much of an upgrade on Bodine.

I was arguing that Trey Hopkins did a pretty good job as starter and i think giving Price the starting job back was presumptuous and perhaps not sending the right message out.

I remember at the end of last year saying i barely cared out about who played where on the OL...lets just play the best 5 and see if its better.

I would go Glenn - Boling - Hopkins - Westerman - Hart for the rest of the way
Reply/Quote
Price did play good in the opener and before being hurt in the second game. Then he lost a LOT of time and snaps and regressed and is in effect raw again. He is going to need snaps and games to get to a good level and with the season lost this is as good a time as any to get him the experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Price did play good in the opener and before being hurt in the second game. Then he lost a LOT of time and snaps and regressed and is in effect raw again. He is going to need snaps and games to get to a good level and with the season lost this is as good a time as any to get him the experience.

The very first play of the season was him getting treated like a boy on a field of men.

I'm not sure I am ready to go the route of the OP, but Price has been pretty bad all year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bodine provided better center play then Price today. He's certainly been outplayed by Hopkins I agree.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The very first play of the season was him getting treated like a boy on a field of men.

I'm not sure I am ready to go the route of the OP, but Price has been pretty bad all year.

That wasn't a strength problem.  His foot was stepped on/tripped and you know it.

That being said I thought they should bring Price back from injury at RG and keep Hopkins at Center for a while if not the rest of the season unless Hopkins looked bad.

Not really giving up on Price but thought Hopkins did a serviceable job at Center so far.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He should have never been given the job back after the way Trey Hopkins played.........end of story.....

can we go back and change our pick from Price to Eight VanDeresh (sp?)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Billy Price had a epically bad game. He caused a turnover, got his QB hurt, had a illegal snap, and his poor timing caused at least 2 other oline penalties.

WTS, it's just one game. let's not panic. And I am someone that wanted him brought back a RG.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Another college stud turned Bengal dud.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Another college stud turned Bengal dud.

It’s way too early to label price anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The very first play of the season was him getting treated like a boy on a field of men.

I'm with you. He's been generally bad...but...

Rookie Centers struggle. It's just how it is. Elflein struggled with Minnesotta last year. Price is struggling.

That said, hopefully he gets better next year. He may or may not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That wasn't a strength problem.  His foot was stepped on/tripped and you know it.

That being said I thought they should bring Price back from injury at RG and keep Hopkins at Center for a while if not the rest of the season unless Hopkins looked bad.

Not really giving up on Price but thought Hopkins did a serviceable job at Center so far.

IF Hopkins were some dominant Center, then I think you consider that. Hopkins graded out mid 50's by PFF. He wasn't as good at Center as people think he was and Hopkins was a terrible Guard.

We're better off sticking with Price and hopefully having him develop into a good Center in the future.

Probably year 4 or 5 he'll do this, then we'll lose him in free agency as we don't pay Centers.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Its waaaay too early to move on from price. With that said he has been terrible thus far.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Hopkins were some dominant Center, then I think you consider that. Hopkins graded out mid 50's by PFF. He wasn't as good at Center as people think he was and Hopkins was a terrible Guard.

We're better off sticking with Price and hopefully having him develop into a good Center in the future.

Probably year 4 or 5 he'll do this, then we'll lose him in free agency as we don't pay Centers.  Hilarious

Well he didn't look too bad, but much better than Blowdine so maybe that's why.

I swear to god this team's O-Line is such a mess. 

It literally looks like Mixon is making his own plays out there.

If he's lucky he'll get a block on the edge every now and then.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well he didn't look too bad, but much better than Blowdine so maybe that's why.

I swear to god this team's O-Line is such a mess. 

It literally looks like Mixon is making his own plays out there.

If he's lucky he'll get a block on the edge every now and then.

Mixon does! When I was at the Saints game, I could see all the blocking or lack there of. The spots the runs were called to go were routinely clogged and Mixon would make some insane cut to get outside.

Our lineman get blown up a lot.

I know fans don't see Dalton getting sacked 8 times a game, so they think the line improved...but it's bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Another college stud turned Bengal dud.

Under the Marvin Lewis coaching regime, they seem to have a knack for doing that.  Shake 'N Blake made a post, in another thread, illustrating just how bad our 1st round selections have been since taking AJ Green.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Under the Marvin Lewis coaching regime, they seem to have a knack for doing that.  Shake 'N Blake made a post, in another thread, illustrating just how bad our 1st round selections have been since taking AJ Green.

Guys get worse here over the years too. They rarely improve.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Guys get worse here over the years too. They rarely improve.

Pretty much, if this team doesn't score with cant' miss prospects, they seem to fail to properly develop, or timely develop talent to the level of their expected production level coming out of college.  One, a couple, or even a few is to be expected, as some guys just simply don't pan out.  However the number of Bengal selections that seem to underperform is looking to be more than just a mere coincidence or simply "bad luck".  In my opinion, it points more to coaching style and how said talent is groomed to succeed, or fail.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote