Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's time we moved on from Price
(11-25-2018, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The very first play of the season was him getting treated like a boy on a field of men.

I'm not sure I am ready to go the route of the OP, but Price has been pretty bad all year.

I think you’re an excellent poster but your sig has got to go. Everyone I see it the dude looks constpated. It makes me ill every time I see it
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:55 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I think you’re an excellent poster but your sig has got to go. Everyone I see it the dude looks constpated. It makes me ill every time I see it

The dude?

You mean David freaking Byrne, lead singer of The Talking Heads?

I suddenly think you're less of an excellent poster.   Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: CircularElementaryChinchilla-max-1mb.gif]

(The Sig GIF will leave if the Bengals get a HC that isn't Marvin/Hue/Vance.. or if I just get tired of it.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 10:40 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Now here this,folks,this center is a big time BUST.Remember I said this,he would be much better for the line at guard,put Trey Hopkins in at center, he is twice as good as Price.Price is going to get the backup qb killed,he already got Dalton knocked out of football for the year.If he was on another team,he would have been benched immediately.He is horrible,dude is not big enough and certainly not strong enough for the AFC NORTH.Another bust picked by our super staff,called duke tobin.what a deal.And hey stupid staff,Westerman should be starting every game,dude is a mauler and he should be next to number 62,Redmond.This staff cannot pick the right players to put out there and this has been going on for 10 years.Its just insane. Hilarious Sad :paul:

Wait a minute.  In your plan, both Redmond and Westerman are gone.   That would make it pretty hard for them to play next to each other.  Well, that and the fact that they are both G's.  And Hopkins is gone too.  What gives?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 10:40 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Now here this,folks,this center is a big time BUST.Remember I said this,he would be much better for the line at guard,put Trey Hopkins in at center, he is twice as good as Price.Price is going to get the backup qb killed,he already got Dalton knocked out of football for the year.If he was on another team,he would have been benched immediately.He is horrible,dude is not big enough and certainly not strong enough for the AFC NORTH.Another bust picked by our super staff,called duke tobin.what a deal.And hey stupid staff,Westerman should be starting every game,dude is a mauler and he should be next to number 62,Redmond.This staff cannot pick the right players to put out there and this has been going on for 10 years.Its just insane. Hilarious Sad :paul:

Price may very well pan out to be a bust.

Westerman has shown some abilities.

Redmond sucks ass big time.

Not only is he a bad blocker he also is a penalty machine!

Redmond, Ced O, and Hart are terrible.

I still stand by my statements that Hopkins should've stayed at Center and Price come back at RG.

That I totally agree with you this season.

Let them battle it out next off-season.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Price has been very underwhelming so far this season. I wouldn't call him a bust yet, and this is coming from a guy who really wanted Ragnow/Daniels over Billy. I really do believe that he doesn't look better next year then they should take a look at moving him to guard.

Also, I'd like to say that Clint Boling really doesn't get enough credit around here. The guy consistently shows up to perform and does whatever the team asks of him. Honestly, it can't be easy playing as decent as he does with all the trash that has been around him for the past two years.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:40 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Dude was horrible today. Put Trey Hopkins at center, move Price to Guard, and Boling to tackle.

You don't have assey snaps like that at this level. You just don't. This guy gives me a ton of Russell Bodine vibes. Maybe a position like guard will be better suited from him. He's clearly a mauler type.

Wins the internet for dumbest idea 2018....
Reply/Quote
I thought the Bengal-Mike Brown rule was that rookies get a full year of leeway.
Reply/Quote
It's time they moved on from Bobby Hart...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:28 PM)Synric Wrote: It's time they moved on from Bobby Hart...

No doubt ! Hart leads the entire NFL in penalties !! add in he isn't very good and...

Also Redmond, he's way up there in penalties too.
Reply/Quote
I considered Price a 2nd round prospect because I didn't like his lack of experience at C and his tendency to lunge and be too aggressive to the extent he would get out of position to make a play. So far, I've been proven right unfortunately, but I still believe he has the ability to turn it around in Year 2 or Year 3.

Redmond and Hart have been absolutely terrible as well. I hope neither is re-signed in the offseason. Either get a new RG or make Price or Westerman the starting RG. I hope Andre Smith is re-signed given all but one OT is set to hit FA. I think Smith can be a fine stopgap while a draft pick is groomed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I hope Andre Smith is re-signed given all but one OT is set to hit FA. I think Smith can be a fine stopgap while a draft pick is groomed.

I took some Heat after the last Draft for simply wanting to switch out the Bengals pick of Malik Jefferson in round 3 for either Orlando Brown Jr (now with the Ravens) or Chukwuma Okorafor (now with the Steelers).

They are both well into the grooming stage and Orlando Brown Jr has been doing fine as the starting Right Tackle for the Ravens. Okorafor has been holding up well when called upon & is developing.

The Bengals would be a step ahead had they taken say Orlando Brown Jr last Draft.  IMO

I'd take Andre back for next year given where the line is now but the Bengals would have to expect that he misses games with injuries.

Hart actually did better than I expected, stayed fairly healthy but could use an upgrade over him.

We have to wait and see what next year's Plan will be.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:24 PM)depthchart Wrote: I took some Heat after the last Draft for simply wanting to switch out the Bengals pick of Malik Jefferson in round 3 for either Orlando Brown Jr (now with the Ravens) or Chukwuma Okorafor (now with the Steelers).

They are both well into the grooming stage and Orlando Brown Jr has been doing fine as the starting Right Tackle for the Ravens. Okorafor has been holding up well when called upon & is developing.

The Bengals would be a step ahead had they taken say Orlando Brown Jr last Draft.  IMO

I'd take Andre back for next year given where the line is now but the Bengals would have to expect that he misses games with injuries.

Hart actually did better than I expected, stayed fairly healthy but could use an upgrade over him.

We have to wait and see what next year's Plan will be.

While it's easy to think the Bengals would have been better with Orlando Brown over Malik Jefferson, the Bengals could have treated Brown the same way they treated Jefferson...make him ride the pine. And Brown has been just "meh" for the Ravens to this point.

The real crime is not giving Jefferson more snaps when the LBs have been doing so poorly. At least if he had been played, the fans could understand whether the Bengals were right in keeping him on the bench or not.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While it's easy to think the Bengals would have been better with Orlando Brown over Malik Jefferson, the Bengals could have treated Brown the same way they treated Jefferson...make him ride the pine. And Brown has been just "meh" for the Ravens to this point.

The real crime is not giving Jefferson more snaps when the LBs have been doing so poorly. At least if he had been played, the fans could understand whether the Bengals were right in keeping him on the bench or not.

Fair enough.

Seems the Ravens have been pleased with Brown Jr thus far and he may well be the Long Term option for them at Right Tackle.

As for Malik, I guess the Coaching Staff did not trust his decision making but it takes experience to improve that. They should have used various opportunities to get him some playing time, especially once the team's Playoff hopes became dismal.

I didn't hate the Malik pick at the time. I just wanted that extra mid round Offensive Lineman instead to get a development pipeline going.

Now Malik is in the Linebacker development pipeline and hopefully he will be a fit for today's game.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I considered Price a 2nd round prospect because I didn't like his lack of experience at C and his tendency to lunge and be too aggressive to the extent he would get out of position to make a play. So far, I've been proven right unfortunately, but I still believe he has the ability to turn it around in Year 2 or Year 3.

Redmond and Hart have been absolutely terrible as well. I hope neither is re-signed in the offseason. Either get a new RG or make Price or Westerman the starting RG. I hope Andre Smith is re-signed given all but one OT is set to hit FA. I think Smith can be a fine stopgap while a draft pick is groomed.

I agree on Hart and Redmond.  Neither are NFL starters.  Given Glenn's inability to stay healthy and declining play, there's really no long-term answer at either tackle spot on this team.  They need 2 starters soon.  They also need a starting RG immediately. 

At least 2 picks in the first 3 rounds should be spent on OL.  They need young, long term, competent answers up front.  Until Price gets it together, they really don't have any of that.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 02:32 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree on Hart and Redmond.  Neither are NFL starters.  Given Glenn's inability to stay healthy and declining play, there's really no long-term answer at either tackle spot on this team.  They need 2 starters soon.  They also need a starting RG immediately. 

At least 2 picks in the first 3 rounds should be spent on OL.  They need young, long term, competent answers up front.  Until Price gets it together, they really don't have any of that.  

I'd be fine with two OL in the first three rounds. However, I could also be fine with just one taken in that time and another taken in Round 4. I definitely think a LB needs selected early, and I think the last remaining pick within the first four rounds should be TE or DL. I think Hopkins should be re-signed and take over starting C role for 2019 if Price is moved to RG.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This O-line continues to miss blocks leaving unblocked rushers. I don't know if its coaching or just Dumb*** players who don't know whats going on. I will hold judgment on Price till he has a whole off season to lift and work out after the injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 03:08 PM)mon4078 Wrote: This O-line continues to miss blocks leaving unblocked rushers. I don't know if its coaching or just Dumb*** players who don't know whats going on. I will hold judgment on Price till he has a whole off season to lift and work out after the injury.

It's probably a combination of things...more tilted towards low quality players.
Reply/Quote
What they should do is offer Mike Munchak the role of offensive coordinator. Hell, offer him the head coaching gig. He is very good at developing linemen and has head coaching experience. He's been with the Steelers for a while now and probably knows how to beat them. His past "issue" with Reggie Nelson is lone over. Hire this dude now.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 02:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: Fair enough.

Seems the Ravens have been pleased with Brown Jr thus far and he may well be the Long Term option for them at Right Tackle.

As for Malik, I guess the Coaching Staff did not trust his decision making but it takes experience to improve that. They should have used various opportunities to get him some playing time, especially once the team's Playoff hopes became dismal.

I didn't hate the Malik pick at the time. I just wanted that extra mid round Offensive Lineman instead to get a development pipeline going.

Now Malik is in the Linebacker development pipeline and hopefully he will be a fit for today's game.

I agree with you on Brown. It's crazy to think their plan was to have Hart, Ced, and Fisher compete for that spot. Either they vastly overrated what Pollack could do. Or they vastly overrated those 3 guys. Either way Brown would look better.

You know...had we drafted Brown and the Ravens Jefferson...maybe Jefferson has 80 Tackles and 8 sacks right now too though. And maybe Brown leads the league in pressures for a tackle.
Reply/Quote
I'm still over here just shaking my head at those ready to call a rookie center, who missed half his first year due to injury, a bust. Talk about overreaction....
Reply/Quote