Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's time we moved on from Price
Price should have come back at RG and Hopkins remained at Center.

Dalton would've not gotten that super shitty snap in the first Cleveland game and been injured.

Our coaches are idiots.

End of story.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Price did play good in the opener and before being hurt in the second game. Then he lost a LOT of time and snaps and regressed and is in effect raw again. He is going to need snaps and games to get to a good level and with the season lost this is as good a time as any to get him the experience.

This, and I believe he was probably rushed back and the foot injury played a major role in his performance.  And it isn't so much how one man performs as it is how they perform as a unit.  I am disappointed with Redmond, as I had high hopes for him (I wasn't so optimistic about Hart) and Glenn is merely serviceable.  

It looks like LB and OT will be the huge needs heading in to the draft.

All that being said, I remember being very high on Derwin James, and I don't remember if he would have been there had we not made the trade with Buffalo, but that guy is special.  I would give anything to have a safety like that here in Cincy. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Another college stud turned Bengal dud.

I never though he was a college stud. He had a good senior year but was a terrible at pass blocking as a guard.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:31 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The documentary also explained that there was a lot less death in the arena than is portrayed since gladiators were worshipped and very expensive like the modern athlete. 

What a skill set!  We need for you to destroy your opponent with sharp instruments of war, the more blood and suffering the better, but we also need for him to live and fight another day..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Next year will be the telling year for Price. Right now it is more mental than anything with him, as he is playing the hardest position on the o-line from a mental standpoint. Give him a full off-season after knowing what it takes to succeed, and I think he will be just fine.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What a skill set!  We need for you to destroy your opponent with sharp instruments of war, the more blood and suffering the better, but we also need for him to live and fight another day..

Is that messed up or what?

They went for flesh wounds and the bloodier the better, lol. 

Crazy stuff.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Sigh...this fanbase has complained for years that the Bengals need to draft a C early and draft more Buckeyes.

Then, they draft an Ohio State C in round 1 and people are ready to move on before his rookie year is over?

C takes awhile to learn at the NFL level. That's why so few get drafted early. It's a position where you rarely see an immediate positive impact.

If it makes everyone feel better, Price has a much better PFF grade than the last "can't miss" C prospect from OSU, Pat Elflein, and Elflein is in year 2.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sigh...this fanbase has complained for years that the Bengals need to draft a C early and draft more Buckeyes.

Then, they draft an Ohio State C in round 1 and people are ready to move on before his rookie year is over?

C takes awhile to learn at the NFL level.  That's why so few get drafted early.  It's a position where you rarely see an immediate positive impact.

If it makes everyone feel better, Price has a much better PFF grade than the last "can't miss" C prospect from OSU, Pat Elflein, and Elflein is in year 2.

Frederick was healthier and did not start at C day one.

He became the best C in the league once assimilated.

Price shouldn't have been thrown in there in the first place and rushed back after the foot injury.

NFL gameplay/speed is important to ease into.

I blame his extra setbacks on the coaches' decisions.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Another college stud turned Bengal dud.

Not sure why so many thought he was a college stud. Honestly, I was never impressed by him at Ohio State. It’s just another classic Bengals blunder missing on the player we really wanted and having to settle. We should have had Decastro years ago over Zeitler and we should have had Ragnow. Plus they never should have let Whitworth walk. Just those three guys alone and whoever we would have had at LG and RT and we would have had the best o-line in the NFL. Sure it would have cost us but we now have three o-lineman in Price, Fischer, and Ogbuehi that were all super early draft picks all wasted. Just like Mike Brown to settle and now it’s set this franchise back years.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Frederick was healthier and did not start at C day one.

He became the best C in the league once assimilated.

Price shouldn't have been thrown in there in the first place and rushed back after the foot injury.

NFL gameplay/speed is important to ease into.

I blame his extra setbacks on the coaches' decisions.

Bad coaching decisions by our inept staff? Surely not! 

I honestly don't know how all the players don't give up. When I worked at a business with indifferent owners who put their inept son as the boss, all the employees just showed up to get a check and go home. Slowly all the good employees left and the 70 year old family business closed a couple years ago. With revenue sharing the Bengals won't close so we need a new coach to reenergize the players and fanbase
Reply/Quote
Yeah, another shit first rounder.

Lions screwed us. But then again, who is to say they would have taken Ragnow even if he was there? Price WAS a Buckeye.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Too soon to call him a lost cause but man, the dude has a LOT of work to do. Somebody even halfway decent to the right of him wouldn't hurt either.

The play where he parted the seas and Mixon got gonged in the backfield was brutal to behold.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not sure why so many thought he was a college stud.  Honestly, I was never impressed by him at Ohio State. It’s just another classic Bengals blunder missing on the player we really wanted and having to settle.  We should have had Decastro years ago over Zeitler and we should have had Ragnow.  Plus they never should have let Whitworth walk.  Just those three guys alone and whoever we would have had at LG and RT and we would have had the best o-line in the NFL.  Sure it would have cost us but we now have three o-lineman in Price, Fischer, and Ogbuehi that were all super early draft picks all wasted.  Just like Mike Brown to settle and now it’s set this franchise back years.

Zeitler is every bit as good as Decastro, I'll disagree there. 

Ragnow plays guard in the NFL, though the Lions may switch him back to C at some point.

Whitworth should have stayed, I agree. Love that guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not sure why so many thought he was a college stud.  Honestly, I was never impressed by him at Ohio State. It’s just another classic Bengals blunder missing on the player we really wanted and having to settle.  We should have had Decastro years ago over Zeitler and we should have had Ragnow.  Plus they never should have let Whitworth walk.  Just those three guys alone and whoever we would have had at LG and RT and we would have had the best o-line in the NFL.  Sure it would have cost us but we now have three o-lineman in Price, Fischer, and Ogbuehi that were all super early draft picks all wasted.  Just like Mike Brown to settle and now it’s set this franchise back years.

How do you propose we should have gotten Ragnow? He was gone before we picked.

Now James Daniels, is a different story. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Eh right now Price doesnt pass the eye test.
hes struggling but he's not showing any improvement in the mental part and hes not as strong as I thought he was.
Hopkins was doing a better job at C.
Bengals need to sign a FA C and look at Price at RG.
Reply/Quote
Some are posting that it isn’t a strength issue with Price. Are any of you willing to lay any blame at Pollack’s feet yet or is he still off limits on here? I’d never seen more praise for a line coach than Pollack did on here. It was both annoying and comical. Dallas wasn’t interested in keeping him, why would that be the case? I just didn’t understand that if he was so good that the Cowboys didn’t want to keep him. I do believe that both Price and Pollack deserve another offseason and at least 4 games into next season to judge their performances. I would’ve thought that the development of the number one pick would have been a very high priority for Pollack. I’m trying to think of 1 player on the line that has shown any notable improvement as the season progressed.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 07:57 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Eh right now Price doesnt pass the eye test.
hes struggling but he's not showing any improvement in the mental part and hes not as strong as I thought he was.
Hopkins was doing a better job at C.
Bengals need to sign a FA C and look at Price at RG.

Why not just leave T-Hop at C? He did very well. Look to upgrade the LT spot and move Glenn to RT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Anybody got his pff grades? He showing a 51 i think which is not great but i would still take him over bodine so i still consider him an upgrade.

No clue why you would get rid of a first round rookie who was injured and playing just a tad bit below average. Seems a bit reactionary and stupid but what do i know.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 08:49 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Anybody got his pff grades? He showing a 51 i think which is not great but i would still take him over bodine so i still consider him an upgrade.

No clue why you would get rid of a first round rookie who was injured and playing just a tad bit below average. Seems a bit reactionary and stupid but what do i know.

You do know where you are right?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:48 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I don't think you can move on from your rookie rd1 pick at this point.

That said I have not understood in other threads where people have the love for Price...i'm not sure he has been that much of an upgrade on Bodine.

I was arguing that Trey Hopkins did a pretty good job as starter and i think giving Price the starting job back was presumptuous and perhaps not sending the right message out.

I remember at the end of last year saying i barely cared out about who played where on the OL...lets just play the best 5 and see if its better.

I would go Glenn - Boling - Hopkins - Westerman - Hart for the rest of the way

Now here this,folks,this center is a big time BUST.Remember I said this,he would be much better for the line at guard,put Trey Hopkins in at center, he is twice as good as Price.Price is going to get the backup qb killed,he already got Dalton knocked out of football for the year.If he was on another team,he would have been benched immediately.He is horrible,dude is not big enough and certainly not strong enough for the AFC NORTH.Another bust picked by our super staff,called duke tobin.what a deal.And hey stupid staff,Westerman should be starting every game,dude is a mauler and he should be next to number 62,Redmond.This staff cannot pick the right players to put out there and this has been going on for 10 years.Its just insane. Hilarious Sad :paul:
Reply/Quote