Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It seems we will be meeting again
(01-04-2016, 04:05 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Haha ironic that it has flipped to Steelers fans complaining about cheap shots now.

But I wasn't complaining about cheap shots.  Just hoping Ben takes precautionary measures for the inevitable cheap shots by the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:55 PM)Vlad Wrote: But I wasn't complaining about cheap shots.  Just hoping Ben takes precautionary measures for the inevitable cheap shots by the bengals.

So should I, as a Bengals fan, be hoping that our players are taking precautionary measures as well? I'm not quite getting your logic. The Steelers are the dirtier team, that's just historical fact. Look at your crooked Center who should have been suspended for the head shot he gave well after a play against Denver...how he escapes with only a 20K fine is beyond anyone's belief.

I'm not cheering for "inevitable cheap shots," but you better believe Vontaze and company are going to be physical and punch you in the mouth...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What excuse did I give?!

You said that they're starting early, which means that you couldn't be referring to my '05 comment!

Typical Steelers fan just tosses out bullshit when he knows his "great team" is about to get dominated!

Great team?

Did I say that?

The Bengals won the division.  They split the series with the Steelers.  The Bengals are the better team...right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Great team?

Did I say that?

The Bengals won the division.  They split the series with the Steelers.  The Bengals are the better team...right?

With Andy Dalton, yes absolutely -

With AJ, we will find out on Saturday.

What is unfortunate is that both teams are absolutely loaded with talent but Injuries have played a rather large role for both (more so for you guys). It'll be interesting to see what happens next year and as Big Ben gets older. Seems lately that he hasn't had the typical mobile ability...Not sure if that is still lingering from his injury, or if he has just taken an absolute beating over the last dozen years or so and is getting old like the rest of us...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Great team?

Did I say that?

Don't ignore the question (which was the whole point of that post).......  what excuse did I give?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't ignore the question (which was the whole point of that post)....... what excuse did I give?

Mellow

(01-04-2016, 04:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: one big ol' lol!!!!

Mike Mitchell is one of the dirtiest players in the league!  

Only played the Steelers one other time in the playoffs and guess what happened?  You took out our starting QB on our second offensive play by diving into his knee.

Even if you did that again (which wouldn't surprise me, especially if you sent in Mike Mitchell on a blitz), McCarron has been starting and winning since the second Steelers game and could hand the Steelers a loss.

Steelers are going to lose to us and give Marvin his first playoff win.

eVaR. 

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Cool

Should i wait until later in the week to bring up that Burfict has be fined for 8 dirty hits/ankle twisting while Mitchell has only been fined for 2 hits?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So who gets penalized for a cheap shot first? Not a phantom unnecessary roughness made because the refs are trying to make sure they maintain control after the last game between the two - I mean an actual 'what the **** is that' cheap shot.

History states the Steelers.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:28 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So who gets penalized for a cheap shot first? Not a phantom unnecessary roughness made because the refs are trying to make sure they maintain control after the last game between the two - I mean an actual 'what the **** is that' cheap shot.

Of course a bengal fan would say that, because Burfict can dive into Ben's knee after the ball is thrown and you'll still insist it shouldn't have been a penalty.

And every tackle/hit/mere contact with another player done by a Steeler is dirty to you guys, so it's not much a prediction.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:49 AM)mroudfly Wrote: So should I, as a Bengals fan, be hoping that our players are taking precautionary measures as well?

No.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: When the Bengals win it will be one of the steeler's most crushing playoff losses of all time.

Not even remotely close.  

Just off the top of my head, I can think of several that were waaaaaay worse.  AFCCG losses in '94, '97, '01, and '04.  SB losses in '95 and '10.  And, of course, Tebow.  

It would be a disappointing loss (they all are).  But, crushing? No way.  We didn't win the division, our defense is weak, and even though we've dealt with it fairly well, injuries are still a concern (especially with Williams).   So, while I think a win is very doable, By no means do I have sky high expectations, despite the media's designation of the Steelers as "the team no one wants to play".  That's more an attempt to entice viewership than it is an actual endorsement of the Steelers as a juggernaut. They're good, but by no means are they great.  At this point, a trip to the SB, while not impossible, would be a pleasant surprise more than it is an expectation.  

You, on the other hand, have an enormous emotional investment in this one.  A chance to end a decades long playoff victory drought, with the bonus that it could happen against your hated rival.  That is one sweet prize to long for .... And one tremendous emptiness to feel if it doesn't happen.  

So, good luck on Saturday, and remember - it's just a game.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:55 PM)Vlad Wrote: But I wasn't complaining about cheap shots.  Just hoping Ben takes precautionary measures for the inevitable cheap shots by the bengals.

I suggest you put a skirt on your center. No wait, then Ben would call over a couple of guys pre-game and violate him in a restroom stall while his protectors laugh and look the other way. Classy bunch Big Jen and his OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:17 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Should i wait until later in the week to bring up that Burfict has be fined for 8 dirty hits/ankle twisting while Mitchell has only been fined for 2 hits?

Should we wait until Saturday night to bring up Harrison has collected more fines $ amount) in his career than any other player in that game?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:28 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So who gets penalized for a cheap shot first? Not a phantom unnecessary roughness made because the refs are trying to make sure they maintain control after the last game between the two - I mean an actual 'what the **** is that' cheap shot.

Yep and history shows the refs look the other way and wait to throw the flag on the Bengals who strike second

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I suggest you put a skirt on your center. No wait, then Ben would call over a couple of guys pre-game and violate him in a restroom stall while his protectors laugh and look the other way. Classy bunch Big Jen and his OL.

Classy post.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:57 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Of course a bengal fan would say that, because Burfict can dive into Ben's knee after the ball is thrown and you'll still insist it shouldn't have been a penalty.

And every tackle/hit/mere contact with another player done by a Steeler is dirty to you guys, so it's not much a prediction.

Burfict did the exact same thing Kimo did to Carson as he was pushed by an OL just like Kimo said he was pushed Wink

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:18 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Classy post.  

You support Big Jen and his antics so says a lot about your class ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Should we wait until Saturday night to bring up Harrison has collected more fines $ amount) in his career than any other player in that game?

Harrison has only been fined for 6 hits. Mitchell 2.

Burfict 8.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:21 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Harrison has only been fined for 6 hits.

How much again since you want to be factual?

Reply/Quote
Not counting on a Bengals win even with Williams out. They are just not January ready. It cant be Marvin Lewis. One would think they would win one game in the postseason.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote