Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Its Yours Zac
(04-30-2021, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Funny how you're convinced the only lineman worth taking obviously, played exactly 1.5 years of college football and no one else will be any good. Cry
I mean if you look at Chase too though, he has 1 good year in college.  2018 he played in 10 games and had 313 yards receiving.  

Then LSU gets a real QB and a real OC and the kid blows, and hasn't played a down of football since. 

So i guess you could almost say Chase really only played a year and a half of football.  

I truly think Chase is going to be a great piece to this puzzle, but I truly don't understand that hype of the kid.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I mean if you look at Chase too though, he has 1 good year in college.  2018 he played in 10 games and had 313 yards receiving.  

Then LSU gets a real QB and a real OC and the kid blows, and hasn't played a down of football since. 

So i guess you could almost say Chase really only played a year and a half of football.  

I truly think Chase is going to be a great piece to this puzzle, but I truly don't understand that hype of the kid.  

Ask all the top rated corners who to a person said JaMarr Chase was the toughest to defend WR they ever lined up against.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ask all the top rated corners who to a person said JaMarr Chase was the toughest to defend WR they ever lined up against.

Did those top rated corners ever match up with AJ Green or Chad Johnson or Issac Curtis? lol 

Dude come on.  Like i said before Chase is a nice piece of the puzzle but the kids shown for 1 years he's a top dog.  

He had a rock star offensive coordinator and now he has his QB back who helped him with those numbers.

However, Zac hasnt shown me he's flipping rock star offensive coordinator guru, that's for damn sure.  

As the state of Missouri slogan says, SHOW ME!! Till then I'll consider Taylor a loser like Shula. 
Reply/Quote
Tiger
Why does this team always blow it! Geesh terrible
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:25 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Did those top rated corners ever match up with AJ Green or Chad Johnson or Issac Curtis? lol 

Dude come on.  Like i said before Chase is a nice piece of the puzzle but the kids shown for 1 years he's a top dog.  

He had a rock star offensive coordinator and now he has his QB back who helped him with those numbers.

However, Zac hasnt shown me he's flipping rock star offensive coordinator guru, that's for damn sure.  

As the state of Missouri slogan says, SHOW ME!! Till then I'll consider Taylor a loser like Shula. 

Sewell went against 2nd tier talent for a year yet he's an unfallable guaranteed HOF in your eyes. Yet a WR who tore it up in the best defensive league in football is just another guy. Do you not realize how silly your arguments sound? 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: Sewell went against 2nd tier talent for a year yet he's an unfallable guaranteed HOF in your eyes. Yet a WR who tore it up in the best defensive league in football is just another guy. Do you not realize how silly your arguments sound? 

This is a coach thats 6-25-1. He drafted Drew Sample in the 2nd round. Then ordered a carmel sundae when you needed him to get it right. There is no silver lining in this epic failure by Luke Duke. Yes that picked up a couple of 4ths but the damage is done. The smartest thing this organization has done to this point was get rid of Bobby Hart. This draft CANNOT BE SALVAGED.
This is a coach that swings for the backyard fence.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: Sewell went against 2nd tier talent for a year yet he's an unfallable guaranteed HOF in your eyes. Yet a WR who tore it up in the best defensive league in football is just another guy. Do you not realize how silly your arguments sound? 
Fact Pac 12 is not 2nd tier if that is how you start trying to downgrade Sewell it shows your basis  and by the way they defeated Auburn and Wisconsin in 2019 so guess SEC and Big Ten are 3rd tier..lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 07:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: You know what’s crap? Andrew Whitworth is the best tackle we have had in 20 years and those kind of guys are only available in the 1st round! I mean that’s where we took Wh...oh wait...

Nope.  Willie Anderson was, who was taken in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Fact Pac 12 is not 2nd tier if that is how you start trying to downgrade Sewell it shows your basis  and by the way they defeated Auburn and Wisconsin in 2019 so guess SEC and Big Ten are 3rd tier..lol

It is a fact that in general SEC defensive lines are superior to PAC 12 defensive lines. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:22 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Wat?

Exactly.  Don't do meth.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Fact Pac 12 is not 2nd tier if that is how you start trying to downgrade Sewell it shows your basis  and by the way they defeated Auburn and Wisconsin in 2019 so guess SEC and Big Ten are 3rd tier..lol

Actually Oregon lost to Auburn in 2019. Along with a strong Utah team, Sewell’s worst performance of his great year. No pick is perfect.
Reply/Quote
lol this team is horrible, let's let burrow break the other leg. this is our coach's last year in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: lol this team is horrible, let's let burrow break the other leg. this is our coach's last year in the NFL
I do like the thought of a kid coming back home and being a big presence for the team moving forward.
Loved it! I'm going to ask a fair question...
How much better did this team get coming out of the weekend opposed to the drafts the division had preferably Cleveland?  Just a thought and I'll leave it there.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: lol this team is horrible, let's let burrow break the other leg. this is our coach's last year in the NFL.

Tiger

I didn't like the post but I understand the frustration.
As the post is titled " Zac Its Yours". You even got the pick that mattered the most a Kicker in a prime round to help your team. We've had great 5th round picks in Cincy.
I'd bring Fat Randy back and grab Deonte Brown a chef fulltime before that.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I mean if you look at Chase too though, he has 1 good year in college.  2018 he played in 10 games and had 313 yards receiving.  

The year Chase was mediocre, his QB was Burrow.

What transformed Burrow and Chase and the LSU offense was Joe Brady.

My biggest complaint against Chase was that he opted out this year so we never got to see if he could repeat high end results with lesser coaching. He doesn't have Brady, he has Taylor now. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Fact Pac 12 is not 2nd tier

You're right.  Pac 12 is more like 3rd tier.

Top tier is the SEC and there's not even a close 2nd.

Then you're looking at the Big 10, the Big 12 and the ACC.  Where you rank these is up to you, although I would lean heavily towards the Big 10 claiming the 2nd best conference spot.

The Pac 12 is firmly behind all 4 of these conferences.  They're the 5th of the Power 5 and have been for quite some now.

Pretending like all of the Power 5 belong in a singular 1st tier is dumb.  There's clear differences in level of play.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're right.  Pac 12 is more like 3rd tier.

Top tier is the SEC and there's not even a close 2nd.

Then you're looking at the Big 10, the Big 12 and the ACC.  Where you rank these is up to you, although I would lean heavily towards the Big 10 claiming the 2nd best conference spot.

The Pac 12 is firmly behind all 4 of these conferences.  They're the 5th of the Power 5 and have been for quite some now.

Pretending like all of the Power 5 belong in a singular 1st tier is dumb.  There's clear differences in level of play.

I'm going to ask you a fair question.
Do you think that "this" draft gets us over the hump to win our first playoff game in 30 years?  Its a fair question. Or even compete for the division? I hope so which isn't a plan but that 2nd round choice will be monumental. Now Go Bobby Baffertt horse in my trifecta!!!

Would someone please put up our rivals draft weekends?
Just so you guys realize where we are in this division after this weekend. Thank you to whom ever posts it!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:46 PM)Emeritus Wrote: I'm going to ask you a fair question.

1.) Do you think that "this" draft gets us over the hump to win our first playoff game in 30 years?  Its a fair question.

2.) Or even compete for the division?

1.) No
2.) No

Let's hope that changes in 2022 though.  Hopefully that loser Zac Taylor will be gone by then.  Maybe him and Lou can team up and coach some high school ball somewhere. 
Reply/Quote
Dude who was on the board when you took the kicker?
Zac its yours. Don't cut the guy if he costs you your job either. Drew Sample needs to be a 1 since he's developed in "YOUR SYSTEM". Your paying a guy 2nd round money.
Don't give me that because its your guy.
This guy has been on TV ALL weekend like my coaching record isnt 6-25&1. & Luke Duke can go draft after draft and not win us a playoff game or even sniff it after multiple A&B drafts
Reply/Quote
So after this great weekend.
Who is your starting offensive line?
Reply/Quote